5.3 Frost ?

I am by no means a macro writer. I have taken what you guys have done and sat in front of a target dummy till I got the desired effect. The case sequence is from Maxdps.com. This doesn’t include many things i’m sure and that is why I’m here.

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,Frostbolt
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,Frozen Orb
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,Nether Tempest
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,Icy Veins
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,Incanter's Ward
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Ice Barrier

I realize that the format doesn’t follow any rules that I can see, but like I said I sat in front of a target dummy till I got the desired effect. If you try this you’ll need the extended macro addon.

I bound this to a key and manually set off Frostfire and icelance as they proc. I don’t know if theres a “cast this when it procs” command I havn’t found it yet.

I’m posting this here to share it and maybe get some suggestions on it. If I change the format I can tell you all my mage will do is act like she is having an epileptic seizure. Please can anyone help improve on this? or give me any suggestions?

Just dusted down my Mage and here is a single target one I’m currently using for 5.3 :-

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Frost Bomb
/castsequence reset=5 Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Presence of Mind
/swapactionbar 1 3

And on Bar 3 I have the following :-

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,0,Icy Veins
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,Incanter's Ward
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,Ice Barrier
/cast [combat] !Frozen Orb
/swapactionbar 3 1

I have Frostfire on a separate key but I’m sure you can mob it into the main sequence if you prefer.

Now on to my problem if anyone out there can remake / change Frost AoE macro…

Been messing with the following :-

/castsequence [combat,nochanneling] reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,!Frozen Orb
/castsequence [combat,nochanneling] reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Cone of Cold
/castsequence [combat,nochanneling] reset=0.5 0,0,0,Frost Bomb
/castsequence [combat,nochanneling] reset=0.5 0,0,Incanter's Ward
/castsequence [combat,nochanneling] reset=0.5 0,Ice Barrier
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 !Blizzard,Ice Lance,!Blizzard

Now it all seems to work fine the first time round then my Blizzard blinks in and out. ideally I’d just like to run it through the sequence casting the priorities when there up which it does do but not blink about on the blizzard portion so I can spam it.

Failing that I might have to forgo blizzard and use Arcane blast?

Anyway hope the single target one is OK and if anyone can aid in the AoE one please.

Dave

Hi Again,

OK I’ve got a temp Frost AoE :-

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,0,Frost Bomb
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Cone of Cold
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,!Frozen Orb
/castsequence [combat] reset=5 0,0,0,Arcane Explosion
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,Incanter's Ward
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,Ice Barrier
/swapactionbar 1 3
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,0,Frost Bomb
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,Cone of Cold
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,!Frozen Orb
/swapactionbar 3 1

I put them on two bars as Arcane Explosion wanted to fire off all the time leaving no time for Frost Bomb / orb etc…

Now in the above I’ve got it all set to use while only in combat. That’s because if I’m about to AoE I hit Flame Strike when that casts Im then in combat and my macro then spams.

Still feel free to play with it and improve.

Dave

What kind of dps are u pulling with your macro Dave?

Hi,

Edit This was on a ?? raid boss target dummie.
Alas my mage is only just 90 and has crap gear his iLvl is 415

Initial burst dmg was around 50 to 70k then levelled out to around 50k sustained. Now I know from the other 10 lvl 90’s I have this drastically goes up with iLvl and casting my mind back to my other chars in this kinda ilvl setup isn’t too bad.

I know I have kicked out a lot more in the normal instance runs. I alas only drag him out for one or two runs a day to get the bonus rep as he is my tailor and having 10 other lvl 90 chars my time is split amongst them and what ever char is flavour of the month at the time.

If you could try it out and let us know how it goes or even tinker with it. I took out mirror image as I liked to have control over that I’m also a little slow in firing off the frostfire bolt procs but for them I use a macro kindly done in the other mage threads :-

#showtooltip Frostfire Bolt
/stopcasting
/cast Frostfire Bolt
/stopcasting

I may modify this to include Deep freeze as I’ve been away from the mage for so long not sure if I should be using the deep freeze as much etc…

Let us know what you get with your iLvl I’m always open for testing these things out.

Dave

I tend to use the rotation from ivy veins Frost Mage DPS Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities - Dragonflight 10.0.5 - World of Warcraft - Icy Veins if icould just figure out a macro for it :stuck_out_tongue:

ok Peeps try this on for size let me know how it goes
its good but need a way to reapply Nether Tempest without deselecting target

/castsequence reset= Nether Tempest
/castsequence reset=5 Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Frozen Orb
/cast [combat] Fingers of Frost
/cast [combat] Brain Freeze

crap ops my bad lolz here we go

/castsequence reset=target Nether Tempest,null
/castsequence reset=5 Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Frozen Orb
/cast [combat] Fingers of Frost
/cast [combat] Brain Freeze
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,0,Icy Veins
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,Incanter's Ward
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,Ice Barrier
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.9 0,Frozen Orb
/castsequence reset=target Nether Tempest,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Presence of Mind
/cast [combat] Mirror Image
/startattack

This is what ive been using, the timing works pretty good for Nether Tempest getting refreshed just before it drops of boss. I hit Frostfire Bolt on a separate key when it procs.