5.4.7 MM Hunter PVP

Here are my EZ macros for MM Hunter PVP. I have been testing them for a little over a week now in practical play. I recommend playing with a gaming keyboard or mouse and setting up a hotkey macro on a half-second delay when your hotkey is held down to ensure the macro fires quick enough. A common problem with MM macros is having Serpent Sting fall off early… I have found this macro doesn’t have that problem as often as some others I have found here… if it does happen, stop pressing the macro for a whole GCD or so and then start in again; Serpent Sting re-applies. This is PVP-oriented so you lose some DPS by putting Concussive Shot in there but I have found its worth it in Arena. I welcome constructive feedback – feel free to call me a retard or whatever but please include a description of the problem or an alternative solution in your rant. Be gentle :wink:

MAIN ATTACK

#showtooltip Aimed Shot
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast Aimed Shot!
/cancelaura Deterrence
/castsequence reset=target/1 Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Concussive Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,!Chimera Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,!Kill Shot
/castsequence  reset=5 !Chimera Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/cast [combat] Stampede
/cast [combat] Blood Fury

SOMETIMES you will get focus capped, particularly during rapid fire procs or periods where your target is running LOS. I spam this a few times for a quick burst to get my focus down to 40% or so and then return to my main attack macro:

SHORT BURST

#showtooltip Chimera Shot
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.3 0, Arcane Shot
/cast !Chimera Shot

Now for some Defense Help – I find I get focused more often than not with the comps I run, so this is a quick defense macro to get Roar of Sacrifice up (replace Policylink with your player name):

#showtooltip Roar of Sacrifice
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast [target=Policylink] roar of sacrifice

Heres one to get deterrence up instantly so you aren’t waiting for a steady shot to finish channeling:

#showtooltip Deterrence
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Deterrence

Same with Disengage

#showtooltip Disengage
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast disengage

Finally some CC help; its best to set a focus target if you can, but sometimes against stealth teams its hard to get a focus up. These macros will CC your focus if you have one, else it will CC your current target:

#showtooltip Wyvern Sting
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Deterrence
/cast [@focus,exists,nodead]Wyvern Sting;Wyvern Sting
#showtooltip Scatter Shot
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Deterrence
/cast [@focus,exists,nodead] Scatter Shot; Scatter Shot

You can set up something similar with Silencing Shot but I don’t – sometimes I want to silence my burn target and not my focus.

No, I am not the best arena hunter out there by any means – but with these macros I do have fun and I feel they make me somewhat effective. Okay… do your worst :wink:

I just got a new keyboard and a razer naga mouse how did you program the macro’s to the keyboard and mouse? Because when I press another button the macro stops automaticly. How can i solve that?

Btw how does the held down bottun works? When I try it never works I always have to spam the button? Or use G buttons on my logitech but then when I press another button the macro stops

I use a naga mouse and I have the razor synapse 2.0 interface downloaded.

Open the Synapse 2.0 interface and select your mouse device. From there, click the tab at the top that says “macros”. Click the plus sign to add a new macro. Give it a name: for example I wanted to create a macro that spammed mouse button one with a half second delay for as long as I held the mouse button 1 down so I called my macro “Macro 1”

From there, click the radio button that says “default delay” and manually override the default value with “0.05”. Then, click record. Press mouse button 1 about 4-5 times and then click stop. If it worked right then you should see mouse button 1 pressed in the record window with a programmed half second delay between keystrokes.

Now you have to bind your “macro1” to mouse button 1 – by default the bind is just to whatever you have mouse 1 assigned to.

Go back to the “mouse” tab at the top. There is an option that says “go to side view”. This should bring up the side view of the mouse which will allow you to re-map mouse button 1.

Click mouse button 1. In the “button assignment” menu the value should say “default”. Select “macro” from the drop-down menu. Then, select “macro1” from the assign macro drop-down.

This is important – in the playback option menu select “play while assigned key is pressed” from the drop-down.

Then click save. Exit synapse2.0 and enter WoW.

Presto-chango – now everytime you hold down mouse button 1 it is now a turbo button… just like those old school NES Advantage joysticks.

Now bind your favorite lazy macro to mouse button 1 in the WoW keybind interface and enjoy.

Hope this helps.

TY for the tips

Mind if I ask what rating you get using this?

Also sorry if this is a noob question, I am brand new at hunter and these kinds of macros, but do you pretty much just spam the main attack the whole time or is it just for burst? Because I noticed it pretty much blows all of the offensive cooldowns and wasn’t sure if that is what you are supposed to do right from the start?

At my best this season I was holding between 1600-1700 using these macros; I stated on my first post I’m not the best – any good pvp player will tell you there’s no good substitute for manual gameplay, especially at top levels.

To answer your question – when I play I spam the main macro; I mainly play 2v2 with a lock or Mage partner and we usually try to lock down one opponent and burst the other down while the first is struggling with CC. I go in with glyph of camo, Mage takes first cc while I open with aimed shot under cover of stealth and start burning. When the opponent breaks sheep I hit the wyvern sting without breaking my main target. If they trinket I hit with scatter and trap. The burn target usually dies shortly after (once again, at my level of competition).

I have gotten the achievement for winning 10 in a row once but that’s not typical. On a good night we win 6-7 out of every 10. We have bad nights too.

If you run with a healer in arena i would recommend pulling stampede and rapid fire out of the macro and handling manually.

Even still, I wouldn’t expect to hit gladiator using these macros. But I do have fun :slight_smile:

Excellent work really fine macro.Pure ownage in bgs.I have a question tho due to my ignorance.Is it possible to modify it somehow so it casts two steady shots in a row in order to gain steady focus buff ?

How do you get by the character limit on that main attack macro? Sorry noob here with that question.