5.4.8 Guardian Druid (Nearly One Button Tanking)

So I don’t like any of the guardian macros I have seen posted thus far, and it has spurred me on to prefect my own. Below is the result of about 5 min of experementation. lol.

Pure Macro

#showtooltip Mangle
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.5 0,0,Mangle;reset=0.25 0,0,Lacerate
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.5 0,Thrash;reset=0.75 0,!Mangle
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.5 Swipe;reset=target Faerie Fire,nul
/use Savage Defense
/stopmacro [mod]
/castsequence reset=combat Thrash,Nature's Grasp

“Fully”-Loaded Macro

#showtooltip Mangle
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.5 0,0,Mangle;reset=0.25 0,0,Lacerate
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.5 0,Thrash;reset=0.75 0,!Mangle
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.5 Swipe;reset=target Faerie Fire,nul
/use Savage Defense
/use Enrage
/use Barkskin
/stopmacro [mod]
/castsequence reset=combat Thrash,Nature's Grasp

Based on Noxxic.com’s priority rotation, this macro should throw up Faerie Fire on the target, then proceede to Mangle on cooldown, Thrash (on DoT cooldown, explained later), and Lacarate on cooldown.

While any mod key (Shift, Alt and Ctrl) is continuously held down, it should cycle through the AoE rotation (Swipe on cooldown, Thrash on real cooldown, and Mangle on cooldown to build rage.)

In both situations (Mod rotation and non-mod rotation) Savage Defense is used on cooldown as long as you have the rage to spend.

The one oddity you might find in my macro that other macro’s do not use, is having Nature’s Grasp in the rotation. For this macro to work, you NEED to use Glyph of Nature’s Grasp. This lower’s its cooldown to 15 seconds. This is the perfect buffer for Thrash as it’s DoT is 16 seconds long.

This lead’s to you using Thrash, using Nature’s Grasp, using Thrash and then waiting until Nature’s Grasp is up again, giving time for Thrash’s bleed to expire, and almost exactly after it expires you will Nature’s Grasp, Thrash and wait again. Effectively, adding Nature’s Grasp into the rotation, while glyphed, maked Thrash a 15 second cooldown as far as the single target rotation is concerned.

It is also worth noting, this is not setup to be a 100% perfect 1 button macro. I left out Maul from the equation as I feel it is best left to manual control.

Would love some feedback on this macro. So far it seems to not only execute a near perfect rotation, but do so almost seamlessly going back and forth from single target to AoE rotations, which is something a lot of tanking macro’s I have played with in the past had problems with.

new to tanking and what can I say but OMG im a tank now lol ty

So I have already scrapped that macro in favor of a more complicated, yet seemingly better overall setup.

“Three” Button Tanking!

[quote]Button 1 - (“Stance” Toggle)

#showtooltip Savage Defense
/swapactionbar 1 2

Button 2 - (Single Target Rotation)

#showtooltip Mangle
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.7 0,0,0,!Mangle
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.7 0,0,Thrash
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.7 0,Lacerate
/castsequence [combat]!Mangle
/use [combat]Savage Defense
/use [combat]Barkskin
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

Button 2 - (Area Damage Rotation)

#showtooltip Mangle
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.7 0,0,0,!Swipe
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.7 0,0,Mangle
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.7 0,Thrash
/castsequence [combat]!Swipe
/use [combat]Savage Defense
/use [combat]Barkskin
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

Button 3 - (Maul…!)

#showtooltip Maul
/use Enrage
/use Maul

[/quote]

Basically on actionbar 1, I have:
{Stance Toggle} | {Single Rotation} | {Maul}

On actionbar 2, I have:
{Stance Toggle} | {Area Rotation} | {Maul}

Reason being, when I need to deal single target threat I stay in actionbar 1. When I need to deal area threat, I press “button 1” and switch to actionbar 2 where my “button 2” becomes my area rotation. When I need to switch back to single target threat, “button 1” switch’s me back to actionbar 1 and “button 2” becomes my single target rotation again.

Maul is once again kept separate as to allow control over Tooth and Nail procs.

So far, even better then my original macro.

Note: All of the combat tagging is to help prevent randomly Swipe/Thrashing when pressing the button before combat starts and you are within range of an enemy for it to hit.