5.4 Arcane

This is heavily drawn from michaeljackson’s 5.2 macro so I wanted to start off by giving him credit.

On to the Setup!

Talents are: 2,3,1,2,2,3
Glyphs are: Arcane Explosion, Evocation, Arcane Power

The Macro!

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage,Living Bomb
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,Arcane Missiles
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,Arcane Missiles
/cast [nochanneling][combat] Arcane Power
/targetenemy [noharm]

I also would like to include michaeljackson’s AoE macro as it is phenomenal and needs to be reposted:

/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Explosion,Arcane Explosion,Arcane Explosion,Arcane Explosion,Arcane Explosion,Arcane Explosion,Arcane Explosion,Arcane Explosion,Arcane Barrage

Tested @ iLvl 556 over 10 mins:

Single - 256,192
3 Targets - 397,771
AoE Macro by michaeljackson (Iron Qon trash fight) - 1.9 Million

Please feel free to test! Let me know of any issues you may be having! :slight_smile:

I was having an issue with the above macro stalling and stopping unless I switched targets. It worked great until I came to a boss or elite with a lot of health.
After reading the leading zero post on a different section here, I came up with this:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.9 0,0,0,0,Arcane Missiles
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Arcane Missiles
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.9 0,0,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.9 0,Frost Bomb
/castsequence [nochanneling][combat] reset=0.9 Arcane Power 
/targetenemy [noharm]

Seems to work very well at the dummies. Running an LFR now to test it fully.

[edit] Works great, no complaints at all.

Were you running the macro I posted with Frost Bomb as your Bomb talent? The one I posted is for Living Bomb, which is vastly superior for less than 5 enemies. If not, exactly how was it locking up?

With Living Bomb. I swapped in frost bomb to run some LFRs and cheese the meters.

I’m not sure how to describe it other than when I ran out of targets to switch to to apply living bomb, after a bit, if the target was still alive, it would stop casting. The first thing that came to mind was a reset option somewhere might be causing it. I changed them all to below the suggested reset value in the hunter forums and it seemed to work. Also rearranged the priority list, by rearranging the lines with leading zeros, but other than that it’s the same thing.

Are you running the macro at 0.020 ms? I forgot to mention that.

Heybeen talking to youchris on another post but wanted to ask again where do we set up the .020 ms is this a wow interface thing or is it a option else where?

i have tryed this macro out as its the only 5.4 arcane one out there and it just dont feel right while using it and i dont know how to set up a macro at 0.020 ms need some help please

i have added a little bit to it so u can spam it and u dont hear spell not ready i cant do that yet and so on

#showtooltip
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage,Living Bomb
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,Arcane Missiles
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,Arcane Missiles
/cast [nochanneling][combat] Arcane Power
/targetenemy [noharm]
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
1 Like