5.4 frost?

Anyone figure out a good working 5.4 frost macro yet?

Wrong forum :stuck_out_tongue: delete this post

he was probably referring to frost mages :stuck_out_tongue: . I was using one I found on this site during ptr, but, haven’t had a chance to try it yet on live seeing my mage is far away from 90 so I wouldn’t know if it still works. Was smacking mobs around left and right in ptr so I’ll try to post it on here so you can check it out. As far as I know of, most macro’s still work due to no major overhauls to classes that I’m aware of.

Edit

Here is what i’m using for insta FFB when it procs

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Frostfire Bolt
/stopcasting
/startattack

Here is what I’ve been using in ptr. Give it shot and see if it works for you

#showtooltip Frostbolt
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,frost bomb
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,frozen orb
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Ice Barrier
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,incanter's ward
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,icy veins
/castsequence reset=5 Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Presence of Mind
/cast [combat] alter time
/cast [combat] Mirror Image
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

[quote quote=10347]he was probably referring to frost mages :P . I was using one I found on this site during ptr, but, haven’t had a chance to try it yet on live seeing my mage is far away from 90 so I wouldn’t know if it still works. Was smacking mobs around left and right in ptr so I’ll try to post it on here so you can check it out. As far as I know of, most macro’s still work due to no major overhauls to classes that I’m aware of.

Edit

Here is what i’m using for insta FFB when it procs

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Frostfire Bolt
/stopcasting
/startattack

Here is what I’ve been using in ptr. Give it shot and see if it works for you

#showtooltip Frostbolt
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,frost bomb
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,frozen orb
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Ice Barrier
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,incanter's ward
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,icy veins
/castsequence reset=5 Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] alter time
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

[/quote]

FrostBomb is not going off at all, it does once in a while, has anyone figured out a good frost macro for 5.4, I just been using some older ones and then manually doing ice veins

So do these work? My girlfriend just started playing and is at 90. Something like this would greatly help her until she can figure out exactly everything she needs to do with keybinds and such!

-waiting to hear back so I know if we’re seeing good use-

i’ll remake a premade 90 and test it out again. I was doing around 140-150k on ptr single target with the above macros, but, I’m willing to do this for you guys so everyone will have a good macro :smiley: I would like to stand by what I post that I know works and will make amends or try to if it doesnt

for some reason couldn’t edit the above post. Here’s what I came up with. I did some testing and frost bomb was firing off but it’s not a 100% uptime but does fire off. For a few seconds you’ll get a “a more powerful spell is already active” but it’s only temporary. Here is a SS of Recount with the breakdown:
Frost Recount

Hope this helps

Is there anyway there could be like TWO macros? Well, I guess Three. One with the basic filler spells … one for the CDs like Mirror Image, and the Bomb, and the third with the Frostfire Bolt procs?

I think you’re talking about a Swap Action Bar macro, and it is possible, but with Frost I’ve found that Using 5 buttons and then a FFB Macro without using a 1 button macro is more effective because of how Proc Dependant it is. I will try to work on one in my downtime, but my Mage is Arcane/Fire atm for HSoO progression and I would have to respec.

My Frost bars looked like this however when I played it; keep in mind Living Bomb is leaps and bounds better than Frost Bomb at under 5 targets.

Bar 1: (Main Rotation)

#showtooltip
/castsequence [combat]reset=12 Frostbolt,Living Bomb,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt

Bar 2: (FFB w/ Brain Freeze Proc)

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Frostfire Bolt
/stopcasting
/startattack

Bar 3: (Ice Lance w/ Fingers of Frost)

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Ice Lance
/stopcasting
/startattack

Bar 4: (Water Elemental Freeze for 2+ Targets)

#showtooltip
/cast Freeze

Bar 5: (Use on CD)
Frozen Orb

i finally got it perfect! (i think)

#showtooltip Frostbolt
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Frost Bomb
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Frozen Orb
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Ice Barrier
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Icy Veins
/castsequence reset=4 Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Alter Time
/use [combat] 10
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/cast [combat] Lifeblood
/cast [combat] Berserking
/startattack

It uses gloves, and trinkets, keeps up with frost bomb and ice barrier, and uses my racial and herb buff.