5.4 PVE Disc

Thank you Chris Webber. I stood on your shoulders and crafted my own simple one button pve macro. Last night in flex I used it to pull 95k-125k dps as a healer and also lead in healing meters. The macro is bound to my mouse wheel down. It is not perfect. If I spin too fast it may ignore my priority, not fast enough and it may delay casting. Still, 100k+ as the healer with one button, I will take it.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0, Smite
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0, Holy Fire
/castsequence reset=0.3 0, Penance
/cast !Mindbender

This one for my tier 6 talent. Combines it with Archangel and allows you to not change out your bars when you change talents. Cascade will not work unless you only intend to use it for damage. Maybe if you wrote cascade in a way to target someone specific. Bound to my keyboard

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0, Divine Star
/castsequence reset=0.3 0, Halo
/cast !Archangel

This one is a self heal spammable on the run while less than full health. Healbot allows me to keep the boss targeted 100% of the time which means this macro will auto cast on myself. Also, with the talent a speed burst while you run. Bound to my keyboard.

#showtooltip Power Word: Shield
/castsequence reset=5 Power Word: Shield, Prayer of Mending, Renew,

Tier 6 macro works with cascade, add this to the macro…

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@targettarget] reset=0.3 0,0,0, Cascade

Love these macros. Just ran 1st wing of SoO, and was 3rd in healing, and 12th in dps. I don’t have much gear on my priest, but wanted to test it anyways. Thanks again for the macro!

Love the macro, simple beauty. BUT I do have two questions:

First one is more of an issue than a question - on longer fights (a few minutes in) it sometimes stops casting Smite. (a target change usually fixes it, but maybe you have better suggestions)

And the second is more of a suggestion than a question:

Wouldn’t adding (if at all possible) PW:Shield boost both the dps and the healing due to Borrowed Time haste buff? not sure if it is possible to include it in an offensive macro even is self-cast, though

My twitch stream link is Twitch. Our guild is currently working on normal Gary.

For progression raids I had to remove Holy Fire and Penance from the macro. I put Divine Star in the macro instead and it works great. I found that the longer macro required too much baby sitting to make sure it worked which defeats the purpose. It performs good enough for lfr but not progression.

To auto cast PW:S on a macro just for the dps increase of a 15% haste buff for one spell seems like it would be counterproductive. With the loss of your global cooldown I would expect it to be a dps loss overall. I prefer to use Pws on the tank currently taking damage and for emergencies. I like to reforge out of my spirit so I don’t have the mana to cast it on cool down.

Divine Star on the other hand does damage, heals, puts a shield on anyone it crits and you can use it to fish for twist of fate procs. All that for the same mana expense of one power word shield.

Beef Wellington in the Pally Ret forums gave me an idea. I think it will fix my macro stalling. He writes his priority spells down like mine. Unlike mine, at the end he writes a /castsequence with a whole rotation worth of spells at the end. I will find out tonight if the macro is close in performance to hard casting.

Also Paris Manders, you gave me an idea. I just might try including PW:S in my macro. if it were written /castsequence [@targettarget] reset=12 Power Word: Shield, it just might work. Because I always target the boss, this should shield the current tank taking damage every 12 seconds. In that event, I would be worth auto casting pws.

When I feel I have great functioning macros I will repost everything I use.

Great stuff guys. Have checked out your Twitch account, which includes a very handy vid of you putting together the macro.

Keep it up as I’m more than happy to steal, er… I mean borrow, your macro. Almost 90 on my priest!

Thanks & Cheers,

Tchalla

Holler if you have any questions or suggestions. I will do my best to try and help. Reach me on my stream, raid nights are tue/thurs 7 central.
There is a 30 second delay and I may not always notice chat

Listen Up folks. I went over to Nastytotem’s stream. Awesome. He took the time to explain his macros and was very very helpful. I highly recommend you head over to his twitch stream.

Thanks again!!!

Nasty,

Getting locked up on this macro. Or rather it is not casting any of the the Prayer of Healing. Any tips?

#showtooltip inner Focus
/castsequence reset=15 0, Inner Focus, Spirit Shell, Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Healing,
/castsequence reset=0.3 Archangel, Power Word: Shield,

It appears to be written perfectly. Mine works perfectly. Step 1, make sure spirit shell is not still on cooldown. Step 2, I spam that button 8 times in 2 seconds until I see the prayer of healing on my cast bar. Things get fubar if it is not spammed on a 0.3 reset macro. Try that and tell me how it works. Also you could try 0.5 reset or 0.7 to see if it makes any difference.

hi. great macros but I am a noob when it comes to macros. im still having a problem with the macro hesitating before casts or during macro spamming lol. did u mention a way to mitigate this problem that i may have missed?

Nasty - did you ever firm up a final “spin” set of macros for disc priest?

I was having issues with the main atonement macro slightly stalling or just casting smite depending on how fast I spammed. I play a little better manually casting so I separated holy fire and penance. Nice to have the movement ones on separate key binds anyway.

Right now I only have Smite and Mindbender bound together. That little guy can do 20% of my total damage so it is nice having him casted on cooldown without fail.

How much spirit are you running with? I ask this BC I was reading about builds where ppl were running 8-9 k

If you only atonement pws/14 sec and match your legendary gem proc to halo casts you could do 7500 spirit.

If you have the blackfuse spirit trinket you can get by with considerably less.

If you choose like I do to cast lots of spirit shell before any heavy damage phase you will need considerably more spirit.

I stay around 11k spirit, waiting on that spirit trink so I can go down to 8-9k.

I forgot to hit reply before I attached the post. This is to make sure you get the email so you know I did reply.