5.4 Small Ret/Prot varitiy of macros.

With the change to our priority with higher gear levels, i had to change my small main ability macro. Mostly where CS get priority over Exo.

My gear level is 541 ATM and i pull 150-170k dps, burst is almost 300k. I raid normals and flex and always am in the top 5 dps.

One thing to note is i keep Inquisition and a burst macro on different buttons or optimal control.

Single target,

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2,crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,templar's verdict
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,execution sentence
/cast hammer of wrath

Aoe,

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2,hammer of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,divine storm
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,execution sentence
/cast hammer of wrath

Here is another option that provides a bit more Dps by taking ES off the macro and adding it to a burst macro.

Note, this macro will be good if you have the new 4 piece tier set since it will leave enough room for a DS with a alt modifier. When i get my 4 piece i will test a few macros i have in mind and post what i find works best.

Single target,

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,templar's verdict
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,exorcism
/cast hammer of wrath

Aoe,

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,hammer of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,divine storm
/cast hammer of wrath

Burst macro. Press once and it will pop Wings and Guardian, wait 10 seconds or so and mash it again to get a fully buffed ES. Use Wings talent for proper functionality. Add trinkets or potions as you see fit and to fit your play.

/cast guardian of ancient kings
/cast avenging wrath
/cast execution sentence

Prot macros.

Single target,

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,1,1,crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,1,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,shield of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,holy prism
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,consecration
/use avenger's shield

Aoe,

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2,hammer of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,shield of the righteous 
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,holy prism
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,consecration
/use avenger's shield

I do not use Sacred Shield talent anymore. I prefer Eternal Flame.
I have that on a separate button like i do with my Inquisition, just have to use Eternal Flame at 2 HoPo because Shield of the Righteous fires off almost instantly at 3. Eternal Flame lasts 30 seconds.

I find that when using macro toolkit combined with my razor mouse clicking with no delay i have some bad lag. If i button mash the lag is not noticeable. That is why i keep my macros small, all under 255 because it does not lag nearly as bad if at all.

Hope you can use some of these macros or modify them to suit your play.

Hey, long time lurker first time poster here :slight_smile:

I like these macros a lot, I really do, but I think Blizz may have changed the order back to how it used to be in macros because I noticed that my spells were being fired off in reverse order with these macros.

Surely enough, I switched round and it’s improved by about a million percent… I don’t exagerate (shh!)

Aaaanyway! My playstyle is exactly the same however I use the reverse macros listed below. Do tell me if I’m looking at this the wrong way around though because I’m still really new to all this :slight_smile:

Single Target

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2,execution sentence
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,templar's verdict
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,crusader strike
/cast hammer of wrath

AoE

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2,execution sentence
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,divine storm
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,hammer of the righteous
/cast hammer of wrath

If it works for you great. I think it does have some to do with If you are using a keypress mod or not. I Find that in mine ES will fire off first the first time thru the macro then Exo, then it jumps to CS, then back down to judge then TV. It is odd. But i use a naga mouse with no delay in my for my key press.

I will try your macro out tho just to be be sure it works better than mine. Glad you like them. Ill let ya know how it tests for me.

After a few rounds on the test dummy, one thing is clear at above 20% and no cooldowns your macro works. The problem came when I popped cooldowns, It only wanted to rotate judgement and hammer, i got zero TVs to fire off. Same with our execute phase -20% hp, it only wanted to fire judgment and hammers. No TVs, no exorcisms, no CS.

One thing to note is it may work better with Holy Avenger talented, that might be what you use. SW talent lowers the cd on Hammers around to 2 seconds, i prefer that talent. That could be screwing with your macro tho. Not sure, did not test it HA.

One “trick” i use when i make macros like this for any of my toons is i use the spell flash addon. What i will do is put those abilities up on my my bar in a unused spot and i will run my macro with spell spell flash going at the same time, The above ret macros are right on 95% of the time.

Another note on why i changed it a bit. I was getting a lot fewer CS than i should after checking logs. The way i have it set up now i get a ton more.

New Priority (CS and J moved ahead of Exo)
Inq > ES > 5HP TV > HoW > CS > Judge > Exo > 3-4HP TV (> SS)
Old Priority
Inq > 5HP TV > ES > HoW > Exo > CS > Judge > 3-4HP TV (> SS)

Hope that was some help. If they are working without the issues i found, great continue to use it. I think there is a lot more to each individual with how much latency, how good a computers processor is, and whether you are you using a keypress mod or just button mashing on how well these macros work for some.

Weird how so many things can be so “right” for individual people. I did what you said with Bittens SpellFlash thingy and for me, the ones I use fire off almost perfectly (occasionally it might mix the odd CS and Judgment around) and, yeah… I have had issues before with when AW is up. The macro gets it right maybe 50% of the time. I tend to spend a whole fight watching what spells are being fired off anyway so in those situations I usually just switch to manual because my Haste is pretty bad atm and so it just becomes a rotation at that point. (HoW, Exo, HoW, CS, HoW, TV, etc).

I’m rambling now… I have no idea what I’m saying anymore. I think the basis of it is that you’re right, there are problems :confused: I’ll try yours again cos I think maybe I’m misunderstanding it all. But with that said, I can almost guarantee that your haste levels are off the charts compared to mine, lol. I’m lucky to hit 90k DPS solo even when I’m focusing hard and manually firing spells… Guess I’m just a really bad Pally :frowning:

EDIT: PS - I button mash the macro… I’m almost certainly going to get RSI :stuck_out_tongue:

Update.

Got the 4 pc now. Revised macro.

/cast [mod]divine storm
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,templar's verdict
/cast hammer of wrath

I use TellMeWhen addon to pop a large Divine Crusader (the name of the 4pc ret proc) icon above my toon. When i see that all i do it tap a mod button (ctrl, alt, shift) and it will fire off Divine Storm.

Also just to show how i do, my ilvl is 556, i have the 4pc. Pulling almost 240kdps

This is a Garrosh Flex kill, i ranked 6th, not bad for 25 man raid playing with 566-571 dps skilled heroic level raiders.

I raid 10 man normals and always first or 2nd depending on the fight.

These macros work, takes a little practice but they do really well once you get used to them.

Whats your talents? and what glyphs do you use? brent

Talent choices vary from fight to fight. Most of those are personal choice. Typically SW is the best talent in that tier if you have Eye trinket. I do go DP on a few fights like Galakras and spoils. ES is always the best option. Clemency can be good if you need double sacs or bops on your raid. A talent I LOVE is tier one paladin sprint. 70% sprint on a kinda lowish cd I find for me is awesome. Not everyone likes it tho, no wrong answers on that tier.

Glyphs are the same way, they can vary fight to fight. One that almost never changes is TV glyph. One thing I will also recommend that once you reach high haste and ilvl is that the Exo cleave glyph is not worth using. You won’t be using many Exos in a fight and having it be able to be used at range is better when you are target swapping. Sometimes I’ll run the DS glyph, sometimes the Inq refresh glyph. I change them around a lot depending on our comp and fight we’re doing, wether it’s progression on if we have it on farm.

I do not have talents married to my macro so I can swap out and not have to worry about my macro breaking.

Hope that gives you a little insight in what I do. I’m sorry it’s not cut and dry.

played a while with a variation of your macros…

came to the conclusion that it’s sometimes a mess (in bossfights).
got my own variation now. Would be nice ti get some feedback.

Single-Normal

/cast [mod]divine storm
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,templar's verdict
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,crusader strike
/cast hammer of wrath

Single-burst

/cast [mod]divine storm
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,templar's verdict
/cast hammer of wrath

AoE-Normal

/cast [mod]divine storm
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,hammer of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,judgment
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,divine storm
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,exorcism
/cast hammer of wrath

AoE-Burst

/cast [mod]divine storm
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,hammer of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,divine storm
/cast hammer of wrath

Got some nice Results while Raiding HC (11/14)

Awesome, I’ll have to give yours a shot. I am now 7/14h now. I am doing a lot more healing now so Ret I only go ret for a few fights. I know mine do very well for me but I do have issues here and there with the macro using generators at 5hopo. I have been wanting to switch a few things around in mine to address that issue but I have not had the time. I did try a small switch but
It made my burst wonky. I do like that you made a dedicated burst rotation macro.

I’ll try yours out on some farm bosses and let ya know how they work for me.

Edit. After looking thru yours I can see a few changes that I would do. Never ever wang to to use Execution Sentence like that. Try to wait to use it for trinkets procs. Also will have to run tests to make sure the priority is firing properly. When checking logs make sure that your number of crusader strikes is more than judgments. And Exo is last.

I am excited to try out that burst macro tho!

the es was just a try cause i’ve forgotten setting it too often :smiley:
kicking it out this evening when raiding again. set some weakauras
which i can’t miss which i hope solves my problem overseeing the cd.

didn’t say they were perfect but at least they don’t stuck and that was my main-goal. Optimization would be nice.

I’m sending you a link to one of the last logs via pm so you can cross-check with your results. Would be really nice to provide a really good working set of macro’s for everyone. atm i’m about 5-10% behind normal played results.

Since i’ve injured my left ringfinger i was searching for a better solution for lazygaming and these macros help a lot. Hope i can close the gap to manual play a little bit more… :wink:

I just found this addon and am having some trouble. I have copied and pasted a few different setups in this thread, and none of them work. It will either say I can’t do that yet, or that spell isn’t ready, or the button is greyed out altogether. What am I doing wrong? Is perhaps my cooldowns a lot slower? Most times I end up just doing the first spell, on the one that starts with Exorcism.

Thanks for any help.

[quote quote=12169]I just found this addon and am having some trouble. I have copied and pasted a few different setups in this thread, and none of them work. It will either say I can’t do that yet, or that spell isn’t ready, or the button is greyed out altogether. What am I doing wrong? Is perhaps my cooldowns a lot slower? Most times I end up just doing the first spell, on the one that starts with Exorcism.

Thanks for any help.
[/quote]

Probably a few things, copy and pasting from here does not always work. For some reason Templar’s Verdict gets misspelled. I know if you have Mass Exorcism Glyphed it can lock up too. BTW that glyph sucks now, do not let anyone tell you different. At high haste and T16 you do not use enough Exo to use it. It better to keep it ranged for target swaps.

Also make sure that you have a seal active. You cannot judgment with out a seal active.

I did some reading beforehand an d yes Templar is fixed. No mass res glyph and yes seal on.

REALLY liked that bust macro you made. I took what you have and just removed ES. So here is what i use now.

/cast [mod]divine storm 
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,templar's verdict
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,judgment
/cast hammer of wrath

I know a Ret that uses this one.

/cast [mod]divine storm
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,templar's verdict
/cast hammer of wrath

I found that the one first one works much better, judgment fills in that gap that you get here and there if you were just to do a H>CS>H>CS>TV spam.

Thanks again for the idea, i found room on my mouse just for that macro. My burst dps went up considerably. It was not bad before, but now its close to what i am Simulating at.

pls give my following macro a try…

#show Crusader Strike
/cast [mod]divine storm
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,hammer of wrath
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,templar's verdict
/castsequence reset=0.2 hammer of wrath

In my opinion it’s the best there is g
it does exakly what i want. im pulling cd’s manually and than it goes:
H>CS>H>TV>H>CS>H>TV>H>CS>H>TV … … …

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot tonight.

hey brent, what do you say? viable?

Yeah. I changed it slightly, but works REALY well.

I just made the last line

/cast hammer of wrath

And changed .02 to .03.

But that’s it. Thanks man.

/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
/cast Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=target Avenging Wrath,Guardian of Ancient kings,Execution Sentence

I Tweaked your burst macro now you only have to press it once for it to activate instead of pressing it 3 times