/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Glaive Toss 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,0,Black Arrow 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,Explosive Shot 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=combat Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/use Rapid Fire
/mtce

Works great so far! But the [mod] is not working for me.

Also, how does the line work. I guess I don’t understand the abilities one after another.
/castsequence [nomod]reset=combat Arcane Shot, Cobra shot, Cobra Shot

I don’t know anymore.

Dak claims he is dealing 200,000 DPS with his macro. I’m not sure if that is before or after his initial burst, but I’m going to assume it’s after he used all his cool downs. I have tried every Latency from 1-9 and none of them really make a difference for me. I can’t seem to pull more than 150,000 DPS on boss fights (I can bust to 400,000, but then it drops all the way down to 150k)

Mark,

The [mod] just means that when you are holding down any modifier key (shift, alt, or ctrl) while spamming the macro at the same time. It will skip the lines with [nomod] and only cast the lines with [mod]. I’ve never had a problem with that part. So not absolutely sure what the issue might be. As far as…

It will cast each ability in order, until you leave combat. At that point it would reset regardless of the ability queued up. Either way, if you are not using AMoC I would remove one of the cobra shots.

Adrian,

To save any confusion, totally unbuffed save for Rapid Fire, and any class buffs, I averaged about 150-170k give or take. I’d have spikes when RNG would bless me, but not counting those. Honestly, 150k at 522 iLvL to me is not bad at all IMO. Every class has become so gear dependent it’s not funny. When I got Haromm’s Talisman, it made a HUGE difference, it actually caught me off guard.

[quote quote=12693]Mark,

The [mod] just means that when you are holding down any modifier key (shift, alt, or ctrl) while spamming the macro at the same time. It will skip the lines with [nomod] and only cast the lines with [mod]. I’ve never had a problem with that part. So not absolutely sure what the issue might be. As far as…

It will cast each ability in order, until you leave combat. At that point it would reset regardless of the ability queued up. Either way, if you are not using AMoC I would remove one of the cobra shots.

Adrian,

To save any confusion, totally unbuffed save for Rapid Fire, and any class buffs, I averaged about 150-170k give or take. I’d have spikes when RNG would bless me, but not counting those. Honestly, 150k at 522 iLvL to me is not bad at all IMO. Every class has become so gear dependent it’s not funny. When I got Haromm’s Talisman, it made a HUGE difference, it actually caught me off guard.
[/quote]

I’m not too worried about it anymore. I was running Flex raid with another hunter that was Full 550+ armor with the legendary cloak… I was number 2 on DPS below him by about 50,000 DPS…

Sweet! I’m glad to hear that, the macro has performed pretty well for me, didn’t see why it wouldn’t for others :slight_smile:

[quote quote=12693]Mark,

[/quote]

Thanks Dakon. My other question. So the logical order of the macro is saying

/targetenemy [noharm][dead] *Unsure of this line
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 0,Multi-Shot * keymod Cast 2nd
/cast...Cobra Shot * Keymod Cast 1st
/cast...Serpent Sting,null *Cast once per target
/cast...0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot *Cast 4th
/cast...0,0,0,Glaive Toss *Cast 3rd
/cast...0,0,Black Arrow *Cast 2nd
/cast...0,Explosive Shot *Cast 1st 
/cast...Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot *Once all ordered spells are cast run through this sequence before starting at 1 again?
/use Rapid Fire *Use on cool down
/mtce

Thanks again.

as far as goes…

/targetenemy [noharm][dead

You have the command to target your enemy of course, with the arguments of [noharm] (non-hostile) and [dead]. Basically meaning it will only select target(s) that are the opposite. Both Hostile to you, and alive.

/startattack can be used in it’s place or in conjunction even, but generates to much aggro for my taste. (your basically becoming hostile to an enemy over and over again). Which, regardless who wants to argue that point, my threat meter says different. So it’s a personal preference not too.

If wanted,no command at all can be used, it will still target the nearest enemy MOST of the time. lol

The rest of it, yes you are correct in your logic. The reason Explosive Shot in there twice is for the Lock and Load procs of course. (you could have probably guessed that!)

Your single Macro has helped simply my game and also a nice dps boost. Thank you very much. Best macro on here. Here is mine.

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.7 0,0,Multi-Shot
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.7 0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.7 Cobra Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,Glaive Toss 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.7 0,0,0,Black Arrow 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.7 0,0,Explosive Shot 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.7 0,A Murder of crows 
/use Kill Shot
/use Rapid Fire
/use fervor
/use stampede
/use berserking
/mtce

[quote quote=12719]as far as goes…

/targetenemy [noharm][dead

You have the command to target your enemy of course, with the arguments of [noharm] (non-hostile) and [dead]. Basically meaning it will only select target(s) that are the opposite. Both Hostile to you, and alive.

/startattack can be used in it’s place or in conjunction even, but generates to much aggro for my taste. (your basically becoming hostile to an enemy over and over again). Which, regardless who wants to argue that point, my threat meter says different. So it’s a personal preference not too.

If wanted,no command at all can be used, it will still target the nearest enemy MOST of the time. lol

The rest of it, yes you are correct in your logic. The reason Explosive Shot in there twice is for the Lock and Load procs of course. (you could have probably guessed that!)
[/quote]

How can add hunters mark to this macro?

/castsequence [mod]reset=0.6 0,Multi-Shot
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.6 Cobra Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,Glaive Toss 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,Black Arrow 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,Explosive Shot 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,A Murder of crows
/use Rapid Fire
/mtce

youi could add something like

/castsequence reset=target Hunter's Mark,null

Not in a position to test it

[quote quote=12819]youi could add something like

/castsequence reset=target Hunter’s Mark,null

Not in a position to test it
[/quote]
Isn’t hunters mark automatically applied by serpent sting?

Actually, yes you are correct, serpent sting, arcane shot, and explosive shot apply the effect

Revised because Kill Shot was not firing. Seems everything is working very well now.

/castsequence [mod]reset=0.7 0,0,0,Multi-Shot
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.7 0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.7 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot 
/use Rapid Fire
/use fervor
/use stampede
/use berserking
/mtce

[quote quote=12856]Revised because Kill Shot was not firing. Seems everything is working very well now.

/castsequence [mod]reset=0.7 0,0,0,Multi-Shot
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.7 0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.7 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot 
/use Rapid Fire
/use fervor
/use stampede
/use berserking
/mtce

[/quote]

I would remove the /castsequence [mod]reset=0.7 0,Kill Shot , just my opinion, I think it would be a waste of a GCD. Things die to fast in an AoE situation majority of the time. Other than that the macro looks good to me. Like I said, just throwing my opinion out there, lol.

Of course you are correct about using the GCD. What I’ve found is that by the time you move on to your single target, your GCD has expired and it’s ready again. I’m not a pro, I just read what the better players do. On most boards they say use every cooldown as often as possible, the longer it sits unused is a DPS loss. I’ve done a lot of testing and found this to be true. Regardless of the circumstance, if you have a cooldown, always use it. This single key macro designed by the OP is a godsend for lazy people like me. I just adapted it to my spec, and to make all spells fire correctly. I also use a program to auto-press the key for me every .1 of a sec, so I know my tests are very accurate. Latency is always 65 to 75ms.

Thank you for your input, I respect anyone who takes the time to help others :slight_smile: Happy gaming

FYI, you are correct about the negative aspects of /targetenemy [noharm][dead]. If I could find something that wouldn’t target opposite faction players tagged as pvp, it sure would help. Know how many times I’ve accidentally flagged myself PVP and had to fight my way after fighting a world boss? Too many. lol

How does the mod buttons work? what do I need to press normally it has mod shift or alt is that correct?

On the above macro how do I get the mod to work what button would I press as normally I have like have mod shift ?

The [mod] condition, without a key specified means you can use ANY WoW modifier key. (SHIFT, ALT, OR CTRL)

It doesn’t matter which one you press basically. In the case of my hunter, I don’t use any mod keys for any other macros, so no need to specify which key to press. It’s preference.