5.4 survival single

morning fellow lazy peeps well i been using this site for some time now and much appreciate the work people have put in was hoping i could share some things so forgive me for new post etc i always tend to tweak macros to my play still so here is my hunter one please feel free to test and improve may be similar to others although i have moved some for bigger priority

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Black Arrow
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Glaive toss
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/cast [combat] A Murder of Crows
/startattack

Are you finding that it’s still firing off ok, since the 0,0 aren’t in sequence?

If so, this could give a lot more tweaking to most macros, related to their order of spells.

I’ll test when I get home and tell you the numbers.

hi david yeah im getting good results with this only ilvl 510 but easily doing 200k on galakaras in soo have a slight dip to 160k at some points but explosive shot fires lot more when neeeded now and has more ticks only thing i have on seperate button is stampede

I don’t tend to use A Murder of Crows personally. I use Blink Strike, while I admit A Murder of Crows is superior overall, that requires using more than once during a fight. From what I’ve found, unless the macro includes a 2nd Cobra Shot, you will rarely be over 60 focus. I would recommend something like this…

/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/startattack

Personally I use 2 macros, they can easily be combined into a 1 button, but here they are…

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 0,Multi-Shot
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 Cobra Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Glaive Toss 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,0,Black Arrow 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,Explosive Shot 
/castsequence [nomod]reset=combat Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/mtce

/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/use Rapid Fire
/petassist
/mtce

/mtce is just Macro Toolkit’s shortcut for clearing the error frame

Ha, I guess I should have noticed it right off the bat. I was testing your macro, and right away of course I noticed that it doesn’t fire off Explosive Shot as often, so I can see the 60 focus thing wouldn’t be as much of a problem. I know for my toon/playstyle (iLvL 522) it was a significant loss in dps for me. But I had no issue with it hanging up or anything. Like that, I too tend to take macros off here and tweak them to my own playstyle or iLvL at the time. With every class/spec being a lot more gear dependent then ever, and iLvL changes, you kinda have too anyway.

I assume I’m supposed to spam this, so when I do that, it will quit using Cobra Shot.

Is this a latency issue? My ping is usually 60-90 depending.

/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/startattack

I tried your Macro, how on earth are you getting 200,000 to 160,000 DPS? Your macro is a massive DPS loss for me. =/

I honestly think it boils down to play style, I say that because with your macro, I get about 110k. I really find myself taking macros from here and tweaking them for my personal usage. Try changing the reset on mine from 0.3, to say 0.5 or something. See if that smooths it out. Little things can sometimes make a huge impact. Anyway, just an idea, lol.

I get around 170k at least with my macro(s), if not 200-250. RNG is a cruel mistress.

P.S. Curious, do you use Dire Beast or TotH? Ongoing argument in my guild, I think Thrill is far superior!!! lol

P.S.S. - My talents are 3,3,2,3,2,1, I say that because I think in some cases it can have a definite impact on what results you get from a macro too.

[quote quote=12664]I honestly think it boils down to play style, I say that because with your macro, I get about 110k. I really find myself taking macros from here and tweaking them for my personal usage. Try changing the reset on mine from 0.3, to say 0.5 or something. See if that smooths it out. Little things can sometimes make a huge impact. Anyway, just an idea, lol.

I get around 170k at least with my macro(s), if not 200-250. RNG is a cruel mistress.

P.S. Curious, do you use Dire Beast or TotH? Ongoing argument in my guild, I think Thrill is far superior!!! lol

P.S.S. – My talents are 3,3,2,3,2,1, I say that because I think in some cases it can have a definite impact on what results you get from a macro too.
[/quote]

I just gave your macro a try. I feel like it’s casting too much Cobra Shot and I’m always at 90-100 focus the entire fight. I feel like I could be doing more DPS.

Also, just a question since I have no clue how to make these macros… Since I don’t use AMoC, what if I put Arcane Shot on this line: /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,A Murder of Crows to replace AMoC? This way in your macro, Cobra Shot won’t be cast more than Arcane shot… I’m assuming all the 0s make a skill a priority to cast, no?

I think you are speaking of the macro from the OP. I don’t have AMoC in my macro, the 2nd cobra shot suggestion was if you ARE using AMoC. It’s a 60 focus ability, so theoretically you’d want your focus >60 so you can use it on CD? If you aren’t using AMoC then it would be a waste I agree.

My mistake. I was using the wrong macro. I copied your personal macro and was doing 120,000 DPS on target dummy in 524 iLVL… Is that accurate with your macro when you are testing on a target dummy? Perhaps I need to mess around with the latency. I’m still new to all this lazy macro stuff.

One thing I would like to mention, I still have a lot of Focus… I know you don’t have AMoC in your macro, but do you have it as a talent? I currently don’t use AMoC as I use BS/Fervor instead.

I use BS, but I use TotH over Fervor, I think it’s one of the best talents we have. I personally use a gamepad with a key bound to spam the macro every 70ms. Thats high for a reason, it seems to effect my framerates when i go lower, thats a personal preference really, ideally you would want it at 0ms lol. As far as the reset=0.3 for example…

0-19 ms –0.1
20-29 ms-0.2
30-39 ms–0.3
40-49 ms–0.4
50-59 ms–0.5
60-69 ms–0.6
70-79 ms–0.7
80-89 ms–0.8
90+ ms–0.9

That is a delay basically, the biggest effect I see is that it makes the macro run a lot more smoothly.

As far as the 120k, thats about 30k less than what i get at iLvL 522 (that’s unbuffed except for Rapid Fire + class buffs/talents).

[quote quote=12674]I use BS, but I use TotH over Fervor, I think it’s one of the best talents we have. I personally use a gamepad with a key bound to spam the macro every 70ms. Thats high for a reason, it seems to effect my framerates when i go lower, thats a personal preference really, ideally you would want it at 0ms lol. As far as the reset=0.3 for example…

0-19 ms –0.1<br>
20-29 ms-0.2<br>
30-39 ms–0.3<br>
40-49 ms–0.4<br>
50-59 ms–0.5<br>
60-69 ms–0.6<br>
70-79 ms–0.7<br>
80-89 ms–0.8<br>
90+ ms–0.9

That is a delay basically, the biggest effect I see is that it makes the macro run a lot more smoothly.

As far as the 120k, thats about 30k less than what i get at iLvL 522 (that’s unbuffed except for Rapid Fire + class buffs/talents).
[/quote]

I’m not sure what’s going on then. Maybe I just have horrible RNG with procs, ect ect. I guess I have to find the right latency number… My latency is 70, so I tried 7, but I didn’t really notice a difference… So I am trying other ones just for shits and giggles.

Trial and error definitely, it’s never going to be the exact same for everyone for sure.

Are you using a program to spam your macro, or are you pressing it by manual? I’m using Auto-Hotkey, could that have something to do with it? lol

Edit: I also noticed your macro doesn’t auto-apply SS at the start… I didn’t notice that until now. lol Let me try this again.

Ahh, 2 separate macros, my SS and Rapid Fire are separate. If you wanted to combine them you could np.

/use Rapid Fire
/mtce

Also, I use a Logitech G13 game pad, it has it’s own utility. I’m not familiar with autohotkey, so you’ll lose me on that one, lol

[quote quote=12681]Ahh, 2 separate macros, my SS and Rapid Fire are separate. If you wanted to combine them you could np.

/use Rapid Fire
/mtce

Also, I use a Logitech G13 game pad, it has it’s own utility. I’m not familiar with autohotkey, so you’ll lose me on that one, lol
[/quote]

Maybe I was getting extremely luck with RNG, but with this macro I was doing 140,000 to 145,000 steady DPS for a good 3 minutes before I stopped. By the way, do you have the 2p hunter set that reduces the cool down of Rapid Fire? If so, maybe that is also why you are doing more DPS than myself… I don’t have any tier 16 hunter pieces yet… I am very unlucky when it comes to drops. lol

I don’t have 2 pc no, I do have Assurance of Consequence (trinket) though. My Rapid Fire CD is at 2 mins 39 secs I think. (Not at my computer, lol)

Also, it says I’m at iLvL 522, but out of 16 items, only 2 are under 528.

I guess my next step would to just try it in raids and see how it goes. Anyway, I must be off to work now!

I was gonna add, the first 2 castsquences are on a mod key for easy access to AoE. Just hold shift, alt, or ctrl while spamming the macro. (Hence the [nomod] for the other lines) I assumed you got that already tho, lol, but for anyone else who wonders.