5 min or more to load a character

Anyone else have to wait like literally 5 min to load a character when GSE is enabled? Just wondering…

Hi.

What version of GSE do you use ?

Are you playing on Retail/Classic/Burning Crusade?

How many GSE macros do you have on its interface? (How many are active with a stub icon how many don’t have any stub icon)

Did it also happen with the previous GSE version that you used?

Note that you have better chance to get an answer from the GSE developer if you post your question(s) on his GitHub repository: https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler/issues

Whoa…slow down with the questions lightning. It takes me a while to type.

I have the current version. As long as CurseForge keeps it updated.

I’m playing on retail.

I only have 1 macro on my UI at any given time. No this didnt happen with the previous versions.

Not trying to be a smartass but I dont even know what Github is…lol

In previous versions of GSE I had lots of macros imported and it really slowed down the loading for my game also. At some point my GSE broke and I had to re-install and lost all of the macros I had imported so I just imported the ones I used and nothing more and the game runs great now. I’m guessing loading all the macros is a strain on the game

You might find [ENH] Allow for macros to be "disabled" reducing resource usage for unused macros. · Issue #1035 · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler · GitHub of interest to reduce loading time.

I hate to bring this topic up again but what am I supposed to do to make my characters load faster when I have GSE addon enabled?

Remove the icon for any macros that you are not using. It spells it out on the linked issue.

Thank you sir. I will try that and see what happens. I do have horde and alliance toons and they each have their own macros. I play all class and specs so maybe my issue is that I have too many toons and they are loading other toons macro for the spec I am playing whether that be horde or alliance. I will work on removing the icons for the macros I am not using and see how it goes.

I don’t have this issue with GSE however Lately Ive been getting massive load times with Zygor anytime I try to open my Map. is this a addon that you could possibly be using? or do you possibly have a boat load of Addons running? some addons like to fight amongst each other sometimes causing these kind of problems.

I went through all my addons and everything loads normally. It is when I enable GSE compiler is when the loading of characters slows down to 5 minutes or more, no exaggeration.

I had this same problem, I deleted all the macros that i’m not using, and i uninstalled GSE and then reinstalled it, now it’s working great.

I too went through all my macros and deleted all the ones I don’t use. I used to have 3 or more macros I’d like to try out with my character’s spec. Now I am down to 1 macro that I had modified to suit my playstyle for each of my characters. But it still takes a while to load up. The macros that I don’t use I don’t create icons for. Thank you for sharing your info. Very much appreciate it.

yw anytime, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Hi yes, I did uninstalled and reinstalled and still having the same issue.