7.1.5 GSE2 Macro

It seems when I export, things get ugly :stuck_out_tongue:

I will take a look and review more now when I post. Yes, you are correct, no moonfire.

Ok now it is cleaned and a bit more optimized. No more kicking feral out of raids!

I get an error Storage [string"Storage"]:32: unexpected symbol near ‘return’

[quote quote=45998]I get an error Storage [string”Storage”]:32: unexpected symbol near ‘return’
[/quote]
There was an extra return at the end, I edited the code so it will do a clean cut/paste.

Here’s an analyst of my Nighthold raid using this macro. Includes 2 normal fights and the rest heroic.

http://clawnalyst.nimos.ws/ZBpzhcafnR9GH7vQ_8_0.html
http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/ZBpzhcafnR9GH7vQ/49125754/7 - Look at Brugrabud-Krossus

What this tells me and what I would like to improve is this:

• Timing Shred and Ashamane’s Frenzy to fire after Tiger’s fury more
  • Improving my Savage Roar usage, looks like it’s all over the place
  • Combo point usage, specifically 5 dots and then using a finisher and not wasting any, and not firing early.

Any suggestions from expert writers is appreciated.

Major rewrite

This macro is intended for raiding/general use

-Removed Brutal Slash
-Added Omen of Clarity
-Added FB to rotation
-Optimized Dot build prior to finishers

The reason:

• Nighhold many fights have a moving boss, unlike ranged, this requires melee to stack our “pixels” on the boss “pixels”. Want to maximize the amount of damage we can generate if we can’t always be in melee range. So I wanted to go more for short bursts and less button pressing, but not sacrifice dot damage non-mobile enemies. Will work great in Mythic+ as well w/ the thrash dot.

Sorry but this macro is constantly auto attacking. It begins good but then the auto attacks do not stop. And dps dropping is huge.

Is your energy bar depleted? I haven’t had any issues like that, can someone else confirm?

Yes i imported the exact macro like you posted it. Maybe because i binded it to my mouse scroll down. The char starts to auto attack at some point and it does it till i stop, doing some attacks, then some auto attacks, then maybe 1 or 2 attacks, then auto attacks again and so.

so what ms have u put on this macro? or rather what MS should i put my mouse on to get the most out of it.

I noticed again when I exported it included a different version, I have since deleted it. I wish when I exported it only exported the version being used, and not the other tabs.

I also tweaked it a bit, really happy with it now!

Anyhow… my mouse clicks are set to 140ms right now so that it doesn’t skip. I think it is safe to go as fast as 80ms.

Tested in Nighthold raiding last night, was phenomenal! Very very happy with this.

Let’s hope 7.2 doesn’t break it, and the %4 buff doesn’t get nurfed now that I can finally get to the top of the charts with the rest of the dps.

Love this macro, but same for me,starts off great but i get energy starved very quick, ilvl 865, 1 legendary. running at 140ms atm

[quote quote=46612]Tested in Nighthold raiding last night, was phenomenal! Very very happy with this.
Let’s hope 7.2 doesn’t break it, and the %4 buff doesn’t get nurfed now that I can finally get to the top of the charts with the rest of the dps.
[/quote]

Even though the changes this macro still auto attacks a lot. When energy is depleted begins a non stop auto attacking.

I like to berserk as soon as I see my energy getting depleted the first time, seems to power me through the rest of the rotation. I don’t have any lock up issues, are you sure you are specced appropriately?

Also if you don’t have 2 piece, you probably should remove thrash and throw in a shred instead.

[quote quote=46742]I like to berserk as soon as I see my energy getting depleted the first time, seems to power me through the rest of the rotation. I don’t have any lock up issues, are you sure you are specced appropriately?
Also if you don’t have 2 piece, you probably should remove thrash and throw in a shred instead.
[/quote]

i am 898 ilevel with 4 pieces. You see i am not the only one who wrote that the macro locks up. It begins good but then the auto attacks kill it.
Im talented exactly like you posted.

Made some significant changes:

Specced back to Brutal Slash
Specced into Elune’s Guidance - Helps generate points when chasing mobs and avoid wasting dots.

Now consistently above 500k on raid dummy.

Using feral Ring/Gloves legendaries and 4 Piece tier.

Sequences['Brug_SR'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.00.
  Author="brugrabud@eonar",
  SpecID=103,
  Talents = "2221333",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/7-1-5-gse2-macro/",
  Help = [[Talents:2221333, Berserk when energy is low.  Remove War Stomp if not Tauren.]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='Ability_Druid_CatForm',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [noform:2] Cat Form",
        "/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Prowl",
        "/castsequence [stealth,nocombat] Shred",
        "/castsequence [combat] reset=combat  Thrash, Ferocious Bite, Rake, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Shred, Brutal Slash, Brutal Slash",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Thrash, Savage Roar, Rake",
        "/cast [combat] Tiger's Fury",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Thrash, Rip, Rake",
        "/cast [combat] Ashamane's Frenzy",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [mod:shift,combat] Berserk",
        "/cast [mod:shift,combat] Elune's Guidance",
        "/cast [mod:alt,combat] Mighty Bash",
        "/cast [mod:alt,combat] Survival Instincts",
      },
    },
  },
}

I changed it up a little bit, added shift and alt modifiers, I’m parsing consistent in the 450s at ilvl 872 with only 2 set, and no feral legendary. Good work!

Shift for energy/combo points cooldown
Alt for survival/crowd control cooldown

I modded mine just now, it was locking up in raids. Now works just fine.

What causes the lockup is Savage Roar. Because it’s a castsequence, as soon as it hits Savage Roar, it casts and goes to the next spell. After that if it comes back and hits it again, while it is up, it will stop casting because Savage Roar is already up “A more powerful spell is already cast”. So only until Savage Roar clears, it will stall. The only way to fix it so far is to just not have anything after Savage Roar on the same line.