7.3 Papa Frost dk macros (Overhaul)

[quote quote=54618]yeah once i deleted the spare line at the top it went in fine. im pulling around 600k easy at 900 ilevel on KJ although granted thats on lfr because im too lazy to actually raid. in the first 2 sections of tos im pulling around 750-800k due to the aoe nature of the fights and trash. working great for me so far. as far as doing wq … its great. everything seems die suitably fast and im flicking through the general questing faster then i seem to usually do it. can you please now make an unholy one?
[/quote]

I have one XD i havent testest the most though
https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/7-3-unholy/

Sequences['Unholy_god'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.07.
  Author="Lichkingsbro@Draka",
  SpecID=252,
  Talents = "2211332",
  Help = [[This is a apart of the addon pack: papa's collection
Hold alt if outbreak is off the target]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence  reset=target/combat  Outbreak, null",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Outbreak",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Raise Dead",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Dark Transformation",
      },
        "/cast [@player] Defile",
        "/castsequence Festering Strike, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike",
        "/castsequence Festering Strike, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, Apocalypse",
        "/castsequence  reset=3  Scourge Strike",
        "/cast [combat] Summon Gargoyle",
        "/cast Death Coil",
        "/cast [combat] Dark Transformation",
        "/cast [@player] Defile",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

i will be remaking it soon.

[quote quote=54578]

Seems I may try it out when I get a chance, as I haven’t really looked back at since I’m doin far more dps as unholy, and I want to keep both specs up to snuff for when new content comes in case I need to switch specs, Frost should still kill it in mythic+

How is it working for you ? [/quote]

Hmm, some interesting results. It actually cemented my opinions on Howling blast usage and incorporating it back into my base rotation. so I will have to update my own or rather roll it back to a previous version. after some serious testing and ability breakdown and talent combinations. it seems frost is now at the point where UH is where particular gear/ talent setups can influence macro performance.

[quote quote=54611]

Has anyone tried using AHK with this macro? I’m almost 920 and barely pulling 800k sustained on a target dummy… around 650k in raids, but using AHK w/ 100ms presses. I started also manually pressing Howling Blast / Obliterate when procs go off instead of waiting for the macro to cycle through. What’s the best way to use this?

Most of the macros are developed towards a keypress of 50/75 any faster and the macros have a tendency to jump casts… normally the sweet spot for me is 0.070 its dependent on your connection speed as well [/quote]

Just wondering if there is an “calculation” to come up with what the ms delay should be, I know you said the connection speed was a factor as well. I was running it at around .050 and I was getting decent results, but not GREAT (not sure if that is because my gear isn’t where I want it, or if I have the delay wrong) when I slowed it down to .070 it seemed to REALLY drop the DPS… .020 wouldn’t matter THAT much, would it?

so first I love your raiding macro its really nice but when simmming my characters talents I noticed that I get lik a 30k increase on sim using Frozen Pulse over Frostscythe is that something you have thought about looking at papa and working with that? Thanks for your time.

I was kinda wondering the same thing, I was told (on class discord) I should be using Runic Attenuation and Gathering Storm for single target, I didn’t know if switching them would mess up the macros or not. I know I would have to switch back to Frostscythe when doing AoE, but would Shattering Strikes produce better numbers AoE as well? Would it matter since it is a passive? Either way I love the macro as it has made learning a lot easier, until I can figure out the rotation on my own. Also what ms delay would you recommend?

Thanks… Krakr

[quote quote=54750]so first I love your raiding macro its really nice but when simmming my characters talents I noticed that I get lik a 30k increase on sim using Frozen Pulse over Frostscythe is that something you have thought about looking at papa and working with that? Thanks for your time.
[/quote]
I got by a lot what icy veins says but Frostscythe should always do more dmg than frozen pulse. Just use the St macros or the raiding one and don’t use the aoe. Id look into it though.

What about the Gathering Storm and Runic Attenuation in ST situations? Should I still use Frostscythe and Shattering Strikes ? Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn’t I flip back and forth between Gathering Storm (ST) and Frostscythe (AoE). But, I am wondering more about Shattering Strikes because Icy Veins currently says: (Taken from IV) “Shattering Strikes is currently undertuned and not worth taking.”

[quote quote=54765]What about the Gathering Storm and Runic Attenuation in ST situations? Should I still use Frostscythe and Shattering Strikes ? Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn’t I flip back and forth between Gathering Storm (ST) and Frostscythe (AoE). But, I am wondering more about Shattering Strikes because Icy Veins currently says: (Taken from IV) “Shattering Strikes is currently undertuned and not worth taking.”
[/quote]
some situations i got against them but that is an example and i got more dps out of shattering than runic

[quote quote=54766]some situations i got against them but that is an example and i got more dps out of shattering than runic
[/quote]

Thanks, I will test it out, And what about the switching back and forth between Gathering Storm and Frostscythe? or should I just set it to Frostscythe and let it alone ? LOL

The results vary for fight to fight, on a training dummy or static boss fight or rather any fight you can keep your time on boss 90% or more, shattering performs better than RA, most other situations RA is more consistant

Frostscythe is more personal preference or if you have the Leggo ring or are doing things like Mythic+ to burn Trash or boss fights like Mistress Slalazinne where you can even put UH DKs to shame. outside that GS works out better from my tests.

[quote quote=54772]The results vary for fight to fight, on a training dummy or static boss fight or rather any fight you can keep your time on boss 90% or more, shattering performs better than RA, most other situations RA is more consistant
Frostscythe is more personal preference or if you have the Leggo ring or are doing things like Mythic+ to burn Trash or boss fights like Mistress Slalazinne where you can even put UH DKs to shame. outside that GS works out better from my tests.
[/quote]

Thank you, that gave me some clarification for sure. I am still very very new to frost DK, and to be honest, DPS DK period. So I admit I only know what I read, and have very lightly tested due to being so new. I’m also still learning what settings to use on Raidbots when I sim things. And trying to get an idea of what settings to use for what boss. So I wanted to make sure it wasn’t just me putting in the wrong settings, when things were simming for more, and when I was getting more on training dummies.

Papa though I truly DESPISE the Unholy DK…I gave the above Macro a shot…though I did change up a couple of things from the Unholy Discord talent guide… and the lego’s I used were probably not the best…I used the lego trinket and coldheart… I had to look up on Discord the opening sequence to maximize damage … the point being…with a few tweaks like a delay of 11/15 and adding in a /cast Chains of Ice in the loop for cold heart this macro REALLY worked out well…especially for someone who HATES Unholy… and never played the spec regularly… good job…would it be possible to move or post the macro to the Unholy Page? So it doesn’t distract from the Frost Page?

[quote quote=54798]Papa though I truly DESPISE the Unholy DK……….I gave the above Macro a shot…….though I did change up a couple of things from the Unholy Discord talent guide… and the lego’s I used were probably not the best…I used the lego trinket and coldheart… I had to look up on Discord the opening sequence to maximize damage …. the point being……with a few tweaks like a delay of 11/15 and adding in a /cast Chains of Ice in the loop for cold heart this macro REALLY worked out well……especially for someone who HATES Unholy… and never played the spec regularly…. good job………would it be possible to move or post the macro to the Unholy Page? So it doesn’t distract from the Frost Page?
[/quote]
I posted the macro a long time ago but never got any traction.I’m working on a lot of revamps of specs but sometimes I think I’m biting more of than I can chew by maintaining all specs/classes.

[quote quote=54807]…I’m working on a lot of revamps of specs but sometimes I think I’m biting more of than I can chew by maintaining all specs/classes.
[/quote]

haha welcome to my world :slight_smile:

This looks amazing, thanks for taking the time to write and post this.

One question about the heal macro: It looks like Death Strike is in the Pre Macro, and Icebound Fortitude is in the body. Would this cause Death Strike to go off first and miss the healing bonus from IBF?

What Does ST stand for, second macro and raiding vs mythic+ how do I know which applies?

ST Stands for SINGLE TARGET.

Thus not Multi Target fights.

Thing to point out though frost is kind of perma AoE with Howling Blast, Avalanche, and Remorseless winter providing enough cleave damage in a Single Target Macro that only the addition of Frostscythe makes it considered AOE, but without it, it’s still not too shabby

Thanks for the reply. When using the AOE Macro it has Alt/shift for Frost/Howling blast if those keys are already taken can’t I just put them on my action bar and use for example 2 & 3 or will that somehow contribute to less DPS if I am doing that?

[quote quote=54854]Thanks for the reply. When using the AOE Macro it has Alt/shift for Frost/Howling blast if those keys are already taken can’t I just put them on my action bar and use for example 2 & 3 or will that somehow contribute to less DPS if I am doing that?
[/quote]
you can do it that way and its kind of what I do with Scourge strike in my UH macro or Rogue finishers for added control