a few tips and ideas.! ... Please read Before posting macros & sequences!

Hello all,

1. First. I’m just a user (player like you, not that other thing.) :wink:

I have noticed that there are a lot of questions about which version of the sequences posted in a topic is the correct one or the latest.
Can you (the topic starter) delete all obsolete or not (good) working ones and Add or Update the macros/sequences on your first pages (first post) and add a time-stamp or something like that.?!
So it will be easier and more clear for people which one is the correct one and which one is still in testing.
And also people (including yourself) won’t have to search and look multiple times and on different places.
Thanks in advance.

For the people that post working macros/sequences from themselves and others as reply.
Not a problem that you copied the sequence. But it could be already a old / obsolete one.
So if you post a macro/sequence from someone or somewhere else, can you than also (please) post the link to that location.?!
Thanks in advance.

Gnomesequencer or a other addon suddenly stopped working.
There areseveral options. I’m just posting a few you can check first.
Did it happen after a (small) game update or after installing a new addon.?
A. Check in the AddOn List if Gnomesequencer, Macro Toolkit or whatever AddOn you are using is Tagged. If not, tag it (enable it.) reload the game. and test it.
B. Check if the option “Load out of date AddOns” is tagged. If not tag it.!
(I always have it tagged, so i can also use “older” / “Out of Date” AddOns.)
Location is at the bottom left of your character choosing screen wafter you have logged in.
Or in-game, you can hit 1x escape, click AddOns on the Game Menu
and
in the AddOn List window the option Im talking about is located at the top right. ) reload the game. and test it
C. Disable that new addon, and reload the game. and test it

Posting a Macro or Sequence.!

When you are typing or are going to post a macro/sequence. You are in a same “box” like I am now typing this. :stuck_out_tongue:
Above this “box” you see some clickable buttons.
The last two (2) buttons can be used for your macro or sequence.
( CODE ) is used at the line above the macro you want to post.
( CLOSE TAGS ) is used below the last line of your macro or sequence.

After using "submit" you will than see a macro-box like this appear in your post from where people can easily copy & paste code without getting translation errors.

With translation errors I mean, that the special signs at the start and end of each line will be converted to a other format when you don’t use that window. << You also see people ask for that a lot.
again thanks in advance

I hope these small tips work for you.

A good guide, thanks for this! If i may add one more point :

“Gratitude & Feedback”

Here at this forum we have lot of good and involved poeple, that post theire macros and the only feedback they got is “why talent X is in?” “dont work!!!” "with view tweaks its working for me (and dosnt post the tweaks) - all ok , more or less. But posting this without a little THANK YOU!! is weak!

We already lost some good people because about this behavior. I did post my self some good macros and spent many hours and days on it and i dont see the need anymore to continue (i have two accounts here, couldnt log in one day from work :)).

What would you do, if all macro builder stopp? Build and test your own macro for 10-40 hours ? -I doubt it, when you even to lazy to say thank you!

So if you using a macro from this forum - take the time too log the fight. Make some improvements and post it here (give the credit to the macro creator). Make suggestions and be gradefull

Thank you for your time !

sorry new to site but is there a way to put in like cast a self heal if health is under certain percent or mend pet when pet is under a certain health percent?

Yeah Dr. Mengede I allready missed your posts.

And there are to many people just posting without testing or logical thinking.
Wich makes it harder for the people to find to good ones.

Creating them takes a lot of read work and a lot of time testing and finding a way to get TOP DPS. Or getting the best out of your tank and healer.

The option to create your macros on GnomeSequencer enhanced is fun, but it’s not made for optimal macro usage.

So please don’t paste your ingame made sequences here.

Cheers,

Darkramz

Back after a while. Been doing other things (real life stuff) that needed 100% of my focus and I played a little more Diablo3 with friends instead of WoW.
So that’s the biggest reason why I haven’t been on lazymacros.

BTW. Thanks Nobody and Time Roeleveld for the kind words and the extra info and ideas.
IMHO You really have a point with that.
(For me personally.)
I do like criticism, as long that it’s positive (of course) or even negative criticism but than with explanation of what’s wrong or why one doesn’t like it and by all means I wish people would write what they use themselves. (routines etc.)

[quote quote=30435]sorry new to site but is there a way to put in like cast a self heal if health is under certain percent or mend pet when pet is under a certain health percent?
[/quote]

Hi Faith Ordway,
First. Welcome to the site.
Second. On your question: Yes and No.

First the No part. No, you can’t cast spells when situation X reaches a certain percent. (xxx %)
That is only working in clever macros and programs and than you are (what they call and falls under) “botting”, which is against the eula. And also gets you perma-banned.

The Yes part. Yes, you can include healing spells in your macro’s and sequences. Nothing wrong with that. What I don’t know (yet) is if that still works in the pre-legion patch or that they broke it.
Only tip I can give you about that is to read the class (in this case the hunter) sequences which are Legion ready.!

I hope I gave you some clarification and shed some light on your path of the Hunter.

[quote quote=30439]Yeah Dr. Mengede I allready missed your posts.

The option to create your macros on GnomeSequencer enhanced is fun, but it’s not made for optimal macro usage.

Cheers,

Darkramz

[/quote]

Hey Darkramz,

I understand your point on the logical thinking part but saying not to post a sequence because you used tools created to assist you to be able to test a macro in game is a bit harsh. Its also a pretty hard kick to the nads for both the hours I spent making that capability when I didnt have to and the people who have spent hours using that to test their macros to tweak them and retest them just so that they can

Creating them takes a lot of read work and a lot of time testing and finding a way to get TOP DPS. Or getting the best out of your tank and healer.

The tool exists to bridge a capability gap and to make the ability to create, test and tweak GS macros more readily available. I’m not saying you have to use it or even like it, but I also don’t criticize you for not using it.

But stil every line of healing that you insert into a sequence --> in your case mend pet takes away a little damage output. And over the course of a boss fight this effects your damage done a lot.

Make your choice if you want to use GS or GS-E and indeed look for the finished sequences that are Legion Ready, even with your artifact talent included.

Cheers,

Darkramz

[quote quote=30439]Yeah Dr. Mengede I allready missed your posts.

Wich makes it harder for the people to find to good ones.

Cheers,

Darkramz

[/quote]

Middag, vakantieganger. (?)
tnx that you missed me. hehe Oh wait, just my posts…

(This is for everyone, it’s not a personal attack and not meant as offensive. (I mostly write in the “You” or “One” form.))

You do know reading, understanding what you read and logical thinking are difficult for lots of people. And no, doesn’t matter if you can or can’t read English. There are translation programs. And if you still don’t understand… just ask. Nicely not blunt or demanding.)

For Everyone: When you use a sequence from this site or elsewhere that works for you, but isn’t the same because you or someone else changed it. Than please post it on this site, including the used build.!
Also add the differences between your sequence and the original one. And why you changed it.
Also if you wrote down the tank, dps or healing numbers you get, please also mention in which situation that was.

I personally like to test my sequences on the dummies WITHOUT Any extra buffs and solo.
Sole because I don’t get any group buffs.
Without extra buffs: No food, flasks or potions or from other players or the buffs from the stones and at first I don’t use the /use buffs on rings (I only use the ring buffs to check if the outcome will be higher. AND I almost always have one ring (number 13) disabled in my sequences (hence the: – /use 13 ).
The only buffs are the ones the character can give himself / herself and the on equip ones.

I do this to get to see the best outcome in the worst situation.
I mean, when I get such high numbers in these circumstances, which I always can repeat, than I always will get better and higher outcome when using all possible buffs and in groups and raids.
Long story, but I hope you understand what I try to say.
(If you can say it better, better understandable or with less words, please by all means post it.) :wink:

About GnomeSequencer enhanced.

I have to agree and disagree with you.
I have No problem people posting those sequences here, but people have to mention that it’s for GS-enhanced.
The points and remarks for the normal GS sequences and other macros also count for them.

Also, you absolutely can use these sequences for GS with little changes, because most things are the same. Just some small pieces of text are put on a other location.

I personally did like GS-enhanced, but I have only used it a few times.
But than again, I still have both versions on my systems. lol
The big plus of it is that the classes are split in different lua’s. only negative point is that the in-game editor doesn’t work correctly and that you need to install and enable “GS-myMacros” and that you put your sequences there and not in “GS-DraikMacros”.!

The big plus of it is that the classes are split in different lua’s. only negative point is that the in-game editor doesn’t work correctly and that you need to install and enable “GS-myMacros” and that you put your sequences there and not in “GS-DraikMacros”.!

The editor works exactly as it is meant to. This bit is actually by design. The first problem is that there is no ingame way to edit files in the WOW\interface\addons folder from within game. I could save things to WTF but if the game crashes and this is corrupted its not a great storage mechanism and its complicated to share.

On top of that I have a lot of changes to the code coming and seperating your macros from the ones that are bundled and not maintaing a Sequences.lua file in GS-Core gives you two benefits. If I update the mod, (i’ve done 5 releases in the last week and about 20 commits to GIT for 1.1 coming soon) your local changes are overridden if you use CurseClient or Minion. (I know now everyone uses these but a lot of people do.) The other note is that the macros in GS-DraikMacros are not the best in the world and never will be but this collection changes every release.. As people have their own macro libraries they can turn this off. This can be from the Druid one that was released this week by HIro, a pack that their guilds macro guru creates. WIth GS-E you can have more than one macro library addon.

What I am saying is that if your an existing GS user and comfortable with how you maintain the Sequences.lua file, you can do that with GS-Core and disable GS-DraikMacros and disable the GS-SequenceEditor if you wish. You dont have to use GS-myMacros to store your stuff in. You can also create an addon that has just a .toc file and your sequences.lua and call it GS-myUberGSMacros.

A piece of humour, How some people talk about GS-E now is how people used to talk about GS when it came in. “Just give me a normal ingame macro i dont want a GS version!”

Draik@Nagrand << WTF… LOLLLLLL I’m on the EU version of that (Nagrand-EU).

I wasn’t negative about GS-E, the idea is quite good IMHO. So thanks for adding a new option/way to maintain our sequences.
I just made some remarks about some inconvenient things, things people have to watch out for not to do wrong. Or, like me, unaware in the beginning that added or changed macro’s will be overwritten and that I had to install / make a other map (that’s what gs-mymacros is).
But
As soon as one has figured out how things work in GS-E, than it works the same as the original GS.

Last thing for now:

Humor but true. lol