Affliction - 5.1

Hey Everyone, great site. Just discovered it!

I’ve been away WoW since Diablo3 was released. Got MOP for XMas and started to look into macros and stumbled upon here.

Anyways, I wanted to share a macro I just started using and seems to work well where none of the spells fell off for me and is all on one button. Added the [mod] for haunt when shadow trance procs.

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,Soulburn,Soul Swap,null

/castsequence [mod]Haunt;[nochanneling]reset=target Malefic Grasp,Unstable Affliction,Malefic Grasp,Corruption,Malefic Grasp,Agony,Malefic Grasp,Fel Flame

/cast Dark Soul: Misery

The above macro is within the 255 character limit, however, if you need to add anything else such as using trinkets, you’ll have to use the Super Duper Macro addon to make it longer. This may be necessary as you will need to tweak it based on your haste and other things.

Let me know what you think.

I think too many MGs in my opinion. Agony will fall off which is what you don’t want. Doesn’t matter the macro, if Agony falls off than it’s worthless. The reason is because of the damage it does (10 stacks).

Something I’ve ben working on also is an Affli macro for this patch. I’ve been considering burst Dps and also trying to combine that with some kind of sustain. this is what I’ve come up with. any ideas/suggestions are most welcome

/castsequence [mod]Drain Soul;reset=target Curse of the Elements,Agony,Corruption,Unstable Affliction,null

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target Haunt,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=7 Soul Burn,Soul Swap

/cast Dark Soul: Misery

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

i’ve tested it on various elites around pandaria. and average 65-75k+ without buff’s

/castsequence [mod]Haunt;reset=target Unstable Affliction,Corruption,null

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target Agony,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp,Fel Flame,Fel Flame

/cast [nochanneling]Dark Soul: Misery

just throw Drain Soul on a different key.

[quote quote=5495]/castsequence [mod]Haunt;reset=target Unstable Affliction,Corruption,null

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target Agony,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp,Fel Flame,Fel Flame

/cast [nochanneling]Dark Soul: Misery

just throw Drain Soul on a different key. [/quote]

BTW i maintained 200k dps on elegon with this macro.

the way it’s setup the only dot that is being reapplied is agony but macros wont tell you how to play affliction so here it is… on the topic of Haunt, if dark soul is up the debuff is maintained recasting haunt about 2 secs before it falls off, if no dark soul i.e. on CD only cast haunt when you have three soul shards ps: try to time dark soul with boss encounters

Boss opener:

1. pre pot…potion of the jade serpent

2. Haunt

3. dark soul: misery

4. /soulburn+soul swap

5. Summon Doomgaurd

AoE

1. /soulburn+seed of corruption

2. seed of corruption on all other targets without overwriting the SB:SoC

3. multi-dot! no seriously, spread the “love”.

4. multi Haunt as allowed

5. seed of coruption spam, repeat 1-4 as needed…if needed

if you need an infernal use it, but remember if you do that’s 10 mins that you can’t use your doomguard.

Can someone test this macro, I only got a low level lock.

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5/target Unstable Affliction,Agony,Corruption,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 Haunt

There is one downside, the macro consumes all your soulshards at the start. But after that it will use [Haunt] on every proc and when you have a soulshard. Maybe you need to add or remove a [Malefic Grasp]. With my locks haste it will cast Malefic Grasp until right before you need to refresh [Unstable Affliction].

Is there any word on Affliction macros for 5.2? Its fairly early but Im finding my dps has gone downhill now after the patch.

Wrong thread, my apologies.