Affliction 5.4 macro

Hello everyone. I am looking for a Affliction single target and a AOE macro. I have been looking around a lot and can not find any. And this has been a place i keep coming back to for info. So i thought i would start this page. please list any that are up to date.

thank you
Ogrelord

i would like this also

Hi, my name is Dave.

First off, I just want to say that this forum helps me out a lot because there are some really good lazy macros here for many classes (for obvious reason lol).

So, I have been playing Affliction warlock since level 62 (because of Haunt for maximum damage). Before that, I was playing Destro. So far, I am satisfied with my macros for many general situations.

I have read some materials from icy-veins.com or noxxic.com to figure out the basic knowledge about this class, and finally decided to create some “basic” macros for my own.

In my opinion, one could not just play Affliction lock in one button, due to the fact that there are many things to be concerned about, for instance DoTs, Soul shard management and so on. Therefore, you must have several key binds.

Let’s jump right on into it

Applying DoTs

#showtooltip Unstable affliction
/castsequence reset=target Curse of the elements, Unstable affliction, corruption, agony

This will act as an opener for most cases, as it will try to apply DoTs and Unstable affliction.

Malefic grasp

#showtooltip Malefic Grasp
/cast [mod:ctrl] Haunt
/cast [combat] Blood fury
/castsequence reset=target  Malefic grasp, Malefic grasp, Malefic grasp

Filter spell. You can hold down CTRL and press your key in order to fire off Haunt.

AoE Seed of Corruption

#showtooltip seed of corruption
/castsequence reset=target Soulburn, Seed of corruption

Drain soul

This skill must be assigned to a key because it is used only when the target is below 20% health.

Feedback is welcomed, because I myself is not a professional macro maker, but please be gentle.

Thanks.

P/s: I would recommend everyone playing Affliction lock using Affdots addon, because it basically tells you about your DoTs’ condition.

there were ones floating around that was pretty much bread and butter that I used. They are somewhere in these forums. Unfortunately Aff locks are a pain in the butt to write one button macros for because of all the procs and recasting haunt at the right time and so on and so forth w/o wasting all the soul shards and then having to stop and cast soul drain to replenish the shards. if i can find them i can post what i did find here. unfortunately during my months long hiatus my hard drive crashed and had to get another one and was unable to save any data.

I personally use

/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null /castsequence [nomod]reset=target agony, corruption, unstable affliction, Malefic Grasp, Malefic Grasp, Malefic Grasp /castsequence [mod] reset=target Drain Soul
Tell me what you think. I would love all input and (CONSTRUCTIVE) criticism.

changed it up a little so that malefic grasp wouldnt clip each other chande from [nomod] to [nochanneling] to prevent that and changed drain soul to haunt.

drain soul dosnt rly need to be in the macro since you use it at 20% or less.

#showtooltip agony
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target ,agony, corruption, unstable affliction, Malefic Grasp, Malefic Grasp, Malefic Grasp
/use [nochanneling]Dark Soul: Misery
/castsequence [mod] reset=target haunt
/cast [mod] Lifeblood
/petattack
/mtce

also here is a soul burn soul swap macro

/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target Soulburn,Soul Swap(Soulburn)
/petattack
/mtce

cant seem to get the two to work together without locking up. give them a try and please make any suggestions for improvement.