Alpha: Battle for Azeroth

At this time, addons including GS-E now work in the testing phases. Macros are much needed now. Thank you.

Feel free to make a start on making those macros!

Thanks!

[quote quote=58877]Feel free to make a start on making those macros!
Thanks![/quote]

I wish I knew how. Otherwise I would lol. I’m only saying something so you guys/girls can get a head start on macro making, so they are ready when launch time comes.

extended cast sequence macros (past triggering one ability) & scripting still seem non functional

I put addon gse nell’pha alpha but I do not see it as ever?

GSE is not working on BFA alpha yet

Incorrect.
GSE works on Alpha very well at the moment.

If you read Tim’s post he states there are some things to work out but castsequence appears to be disabled intentionally in that it will only act like a /cast and proceed just on the first spell only.

As things are on the GCD its now only 1 action per keypress.

ok, sorry, am well aware they disabled cast sequence itself, and as a disabled wow player of 13yrs, I am really frustrated atm. Just misread the state of GSE on Alpha, my bad

My Update on GSE and BfA

There is a lot there that you need to be aware of when looking at GSE and BfA. The GCD changes mean that a lot of events that werent on the GCD now are and if you have an ability that is subject to the GCD in KeyPress, that will block your normal lines form executing. EG: Avenging Wrath is now a GCD ability. If it is in KeyPress without a modifier controlling it - none of the lines of your macro will execute.

/gs debug Is there to help you step through your macro but it wont show whats in your KeyPress only the main line.

@TimothyLuke Might want to include another PVP tab for arena macros; I am certain that many GSE fans will appreciate the ability to spec different talents for the different playstyles that are needed due to BG/AoE teamfights vs Arena/ST fights.

ok I tried a normal gse sequence for my hunter bm example:
/ cast ferocious beast
/ cast shot of the cobra
/ cast order of death
unfortunately it does not work so I do not know at the moment how to fix updates aspect

It’s actually rather simple

First
Change “/ cast” to “/cast”

Second Open the spell book and use the names for abilities from the spell book next.

Eg
/cast Cobra Shot
/cast Kill Command

I don’t know what abilities you are using or if you are translating back to from another language to English but “/ cast Shot of the Cobra”. Will do nothing as it’s not a command and it’s not a Hunter spell. The spelling of the ability needs to match exactly what’s in your spell book.

102/5000
ok so if I write
/ cast cobra shot
/ cast kill command
it works? because so no one seems to work

ok, the sequence will work now, but as you said castsquence does not work, plus the power cd putting them in keypress does not see the macro.
sees me only one cd in premantro at the initial launch, plus I noticed that if I press repeatedly the priority sequence skips the macro

Big CD’s in the keypress would end up locking your macro up anyway. The only way around this is to use a mod at the moment so it’s ignored until needed.

Blizzard appears to want more a manual play… press CD’s when you need them, make a choice. There is no getting around this because it’s what they want.

Currently it’s 1 action per GCD.
Some instant spells do still exist like Flame Blast for mages so can be used on skills when GCD is in effect

[quote quote=58897]/ cast cobra shot
/ cast kill command[/quote]

Of course this WONT WORK. In the exact post I wrote did you not see the part about changing / cast to /cast

try

/cast cobra shot
/cast kill command

insert other Hunter abilities here.

This works in the Alpha for BM Hunters

Sequences['BM_TEST'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.08.
  Author="Moonfalez@Sylvanas",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "1133111",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/petattack",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Counter Shot",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Intimidation",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast kill command",
        "/cast barbed shot",
        "/cast a murder of crows",
        "/cast Aspect of the Wild",
        "/cast Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast Cobra Shot",
        "/cast Mend Pet",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

I’m new to the macros thing. I mainly play a druid healer and a monk healer I was wondering if someone can help me with how to setup macros step by step please and ty