Arcane – 5.0

Basically it consists of a spammable rotation with cooldowns and auto channel Arcane Missiles. Let us know if you can make it better. Enjoy!

Replace Nether Tempest with Frost Bomb or Living bomb if that is what you chose as the 5th talent.

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target Nether Tempest,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/cast [nochanneling]Arcane Missiles
/castsequence [combat,nochanneling]Arcane Power,Presence of Mind,Mirror Image

I box with this, I see no need for the extra blast, i use weak auras for the proc and i see having the buff up more than not …

/stopmacro [channeling]
/cast [nocombat] Presence of Mind
/castsequence [harm, nodead] reset=combat/9 Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage
/cast [harm, nodead] Arcane Missiles

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone that plays an Arcane Mage specifically for PVP has made modifications to the macro’s listed here? I’d ideally like to minimize the Arcane Blasts since it takes so long to cast and just use as a filler for Arcane Barrage & Missiles. I know the build up is required to some extent, but just trying to find the right balance in one button. I read in a forum that NT helps proc missiles so i use that. The tweaks I have made keep locking up on me (not sure when but might be due to switching targets)

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target Nether Tempest,Arcane Barrage,Arcane Blast
/cast [nochanneling]Arcane Missiles
/castsequence [combat,nochanneling]Arcane Power,Presence of Mind,Mirror Image

thanks

Im finding this a good macro but i can always take advice. Arcane missiles are on seperate button but otherwise pretty spamable

/castsequence reset=6 Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage, Nether Tempest
/cast Arcane Power
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Mirror Image

[quote quote=3307]Im finding this a good macro but i can always take advice. Arcane missiles are on seperate button but otherwise pretty spamable /castsequence reset=6 Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage, Nether Tempest
/cast Arcane Power
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Mirror Image [/quote]

Little tweak. NT is good, Living Bomb is better. Put LB at the beginning of the macro to start ticking right away.

LB is 19k over 12sec NT 37k over 11.5sec and 50 % to random target on ticks - LB is great with fire blast glyph in fire spec where it spreads LB to close targets but you dont have that option with arcane spec

You can spread LB to more targets with LB. I think 2 more targets if I remember right even as Arcane.

jeremy bourne tks i mess with your macro

and it works very nice for pvp tks

/castsequence reset=6 Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage, Nether Tempest /cast Arcane Power /cast Mirror Image /cast Frostjaw /cast Ice Floes

tks helped out a lot

No Missiles?

I ended up with the below for 253/255 characters. Obviously, its sloppy with the CD useage. Likely smarter to pull Arcane Power out and use it in combo with Alter Time manually but works well enough for a toggle on/off or mousewheel down macro. Likely will take out Arcane Power for /use 13, /use14 at raid time.

What it does: if channeling arcane missiles then skip castsequense, else castsequence, Arcane Missiles, try all CDs

AMissiles can be cut short by CDs but meh slopy macro is slopy

/castsequence [channel] reset=3 Nether Tempest, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage

/cast Arcane Missiles

/cast Mirror Image

/cast Arcane Power

/use Brilliant Mana Gem

/cast Presence of Mind

shouldn’t need mana gem in there and due to having multiple arcane missiles which add ticks you can reduce arcane blast to 4 stacks just run AM on a separate button does the nether tempest reset well that way as im having issues with it in rotation

/castsequence reset=9 frost bomb,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Missiles