Arcane 5.2

Due to the changes in 5.2 we cannot use too many Arcane Blasts in a row. If you are using Rune of Power then make this 4 AB but with the passive from Incanter’s Ward I found 3 is optimal.

Hotbar 1 main rotation

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/castsequence [nochanneling] Arcane Missiles
/cast [nochanneling][combat]Mirror Image
/cast [nochanneling][combat]Arcane Power
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

Hotbar 2

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 1,Frost Bomb
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 Ice Barrier
/use [nochanneling][combat]10
/swapactionbar 2 1
/targetenemy [noharm]

Again adjust any of the above to suit your needs.

Mike test this one pls and let me know what u think

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Arcane Missiles
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.5 0,1,2,Ice Barrier
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.5 0,1,Mirror Image
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.5 0,Frost Bomb
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/cast [combat]Arcane Power
/cast Presence of Mind

as far as i have seen everything works i just need some confirmation on that

did around 40k with 467 gear. good or bad i do not know, so pls let me know

My 2 hotbar macro does 81-84k dps

Baboulas7 your macro does 70-72k dps, starts out high but drops to that level. Both tested over 10 minutes. I am not sure why because everything works. It could be that Frost Bomb is not prioritized. It doesn’t matter if Arcane Missiles doesn’t fire immediately but it does matter if there is a lapse with Frost Bomb.

I removed my single hotbar macro because it doesn’t work properly.

Hey its me again, we spoke briefly on the hunter forum.

This great will test it out. But most mages like myself will be leaning towards Frost. Any chance of that coming soon.

The rotation for frost is pretty simple:

Keep up (nether tempest, living bomb, Frost bomb)

keep 3 stacks of frost bolt

shoot ur procs asap.

Use cooldowns : Icy Veins, Mirror Images, Frozen Orb, Engineering Gloves

I guess casting the rune of power would be manual ? i dont know much about macros.

Yes Rune of Power has to be manually cast. For frost there is no need for RoP as the passive from Incanter’s Ward is plenty. And I have found RoP is in the end a dps loss because of the time it takes to select>cast>move to.

I might work out something for frost but gave it a miss due to arcane being 10 times easier to macro and use.

@Bab

The macro you provided tends to spam Nether Tempest for the T5 talent. Also it seems to be doing Barrage after 3 stacks of Arcane Charge instead of 4.

My wife who plays a Arcane Mage has this report:

Without macro: 70,000 DPS

With macro: 42,900 DPS

Totaly agree about this. I am using ur macro for arcane but would love a frost one and will keep checking the forums :smiley: Thank you for all your help

Michael Nether Tempest in babs macro cannot be replaced by Frost Bomb in the same macro because NT has no CD and FB does that’s why FB is the favored spell for macros. To use NT in a macro you would have to put it in the main /castsequence like this-

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.5 0,1,Arcane Missiles
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.5 0,Ice Barrier
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.5 Mirror Image
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Nether Tempest,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
/cast [combat]Arcane Power
/cast Presence of Mind

Also Arcane Barrage is supposed to fire at 3 stacks, I found if you do 4 stacks your mana goes below 90% hence a dps loss but if your wife has the regen for 4 stacks then add another Arcane Blast and test it.

Nice macro Mike, even for my 54 arcane mage.

what a difference hahaha

/castsequence reset=6 Nether Tempest, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Fire Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage

/cast Arcane Missiles

/cast Arcane Power

to me i think this macro works well :slight_smile:

/castsequence reset=6 Nether Tempest, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Fire Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage

/cast Arcane Missiles

/cast Arcane Power

I just upgraded my Dagger to a 516 H scenario wand and then noticed my character would randomly cast the wand instead of going to the next spell in the rotation. After some thought and careful macro examination I changed /startattack to /targetenemy and this random wand casting stopped entirely.

It seems /startattack also commands the player to cast their wand and I don’t know if this applies to all casters but definitely applies to arcane mage. So just a heads up if any of you notice it, this is the fix.