Arcane Lazy Macro – 4.3

Hello everyone, I know that arcane mages are not that popular, but if you got some friends that are stubborn and would not like to try other specs, here is a lazy macro for them. Basically it consists of a spammable spell, with a rotation in cooldowns and a modifier when decide to do Arcane Barrage Arcane Missiles.

Do you have T13 4 piece bonus? If you do click here for a workaround.

/castsequence [mod]Arcane Missiles;Arcane Blast
/castsequence reset=120 Mana Gem,Presence of Mind,Arcane Power
/castsequence reset=180 Mirror Image,Flame Orb,Flame Orb,Flame Orb
/use 13
/use 14

[toggle title=“Deutsch”]
In the process of translation, the macro might have increased in characters going over the limit of 255. Please download a Macro Extender like Macro Toolkit to make it fit in your client language.

/castsequence [mod]Arkane Geschosse;Arkanschlag
/castsequence reset=120 Manaedelstein,Geistesgegenwart,Arkane Macht
/castsequence reset=180 Spiegelbild,Flammenkugel,Flammenkugel,Flammenkugel
/use 13
/use 14

[toggle title=“Español”]
In the process of translation, the macro might have increased in characters going over the limit of 255. Please download a Macro Extender like Macro Toolkit to make it fit in your client language.

/castsequence [mod]Misiles Arcanos;Explosión Arcana
/castsequence reset=120 Gema de maná,Presencia mental,Poder Arcano
/castsequence reset=180 Reflejo exacto,Orbe de llamas,Orbe de llamas,Orbe de llamas
/use 13
/use 14

[toggle title=“Français”]

/castsequence [mod]Projectiles des Arcanes;Déflagration des Arcanes
/castsequence reset=120 Gemme de mana,Présence spirituelle,Pouvoir des Arcanes
/castsequence reset=180 Image miroir,Orbe enflammé,Orbe enflammé,Orbe enflammé
/use 13
/use 14

[toggle title=“Português Brasileiro”]

/castsequence [mod]Mísseis Arcanos;Impacto Arcano
/castsequence reset=120 Gema de Mana,Presença de Espírito,Poder Arcano
/castsequence reset=180 Imagem Espelhada,Orbe Flamejante,Orbe Flamejante,Orbe Flamejante
/use 13
/use 14

[toggle title=“Русский”]

/castsequence [mod]Чародейские стрелы;Чародейская вспышка
/castsequence reset=120 Самоцвет маны,Величие разума,Мощь тайной магии
/castsequence reset=180 Зеркальное изображение,Огненная сфера,Огненная сфера,Огненная сфера
/use 13
/use 14

Macro Explanation:

Do not forget to use focus magic, mage armor and have mana gems in your bags!
UPDATED June 7, 2011: Revised and removed Arcane barrage spell from the modifier, Arcane Missiles are now the current modifier.
UPDATED July 22, 2011: Changed orbs and images in their own sequence for faster response.
UPDATED August 5, 2011: Added Mana Gem to the second castsequence and rearranged the order for more burst.
UPDATED February 12, 2012: Included translations for 5 client languages.

Hello,

First, thank you for you hard work.
I tested your macro for shasow priest and warlock, they worked fine.
But your macro for arcane mage doesn’t work properly, the following spells are not used : Mana Gem,Presence of Mind,Missiles and Arcane Blast.
Another exemple, your macri isn’t working well is the icon doesn’t change just like it does with warloack macro.

Nevermind, it finally works :mrgreen:

Aslinng:
Nevermind, it finally works:mrgreen:

I’m glad you got it working. Did you had to do anything to make it work properly?

i was wondering the same thing cuase im currently un abl to use presecne of mind and arcane power

Hello Titusmarshall, make sure you have a Mana Gem in your bag.

The sequence uses mana gem at the beginning to benefit from the extra spell power from the talents.

I love this macro and it works well; however, now with the mage T13 4 piece bonus, arcane power cool down is now at 37.5 sec, is there a way to have this macro take in account for that, or just remove it from the macro all together?

Hello Yockster, you can remove it for now if you can remember to use it whenever is up. Unfortunately my mage does not have this kinda gear but I know a few people that does and they might let me play them so I can try to make it fit with the T13 bonuses.

If I don’t get to test it with the right gear I still can try to calculate timing and people can provide feedback to see if it works.

Yockster if my calculations are right, you should be able to cast it 3 times before going back to the normal cycle.

On this case with people having this kind of bonus have to modify the second castsequence line to this:

/castsequence reset=120 Mana Gem,Presence of Mind,Arcane Power,Arcane Power,Arcane Power

This should take care of that gap you were experiencing before.

Hiya! I love the idea behind this… Can I ask, why not just format it like this:

/cast Presence of Mind /cast Arcane Power /castsequence [mod]Arcane Missiles;Arcane Blast /castsequence reset=120 Mana Gem /castsequence reset=180 Mirror Image,Flame Orb,Flame Orb,Flame Orb /use 13 /use 14

Also, I’m noticing that sometimes neither mirror image or flame orb will fire, even though they have both completed CD. Any thoughts? Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello Millerwjr, the reason of why it wouldn’t work like that is because these abilities in particular have bigger cooldowns that will prevent to go any further into the macro if they are placed before normal casting abilities. Also due to its positioning at the top it means that it will be casted first before anything else, but usually /cast before /castsequence it will cause to be locked up and it won’t cast anything but the first spell or after any other /cast.

I will take a look about the mirror of images and flame of orb as soon as I can.
Also make sure you have Mana Gems available in your bag.

Greetings Luis, and thank you for your reply. I kept checking the site, but didn’t see that there was a second page to this thread lol; sorry for the delay in reply. I was, in fact, missing mana gems. :slight_smile:

May I ask for some additional guidance? Here’s what I’m trying to do:

I’ve become really comfortable with the cast chain ABlast x4 (or whatever), Amissile, ABarr, and perhaps a Fblst, pending my DPS and mana needs. Usually, I’d proc mana gems on my own and separately, as well as mirror image (due to failed tanking). Before cata, I could get away with

/cast PoM /cast Arc Pow /cast Damage Spell /trink /trink

Flame orb sort of upsets this rhythm and I’m trying to find a way to simply incorporate flame orb into my rotation. As much as I love mashing, I kinda have a set pattern with the keystrokes (which I’d prefer to keep, but am willing to change) Perhaps, for my ABlast, do as above, then for AMissile just do:

/castsequence Arcane Missiles /castsequence Flame Orb

What’s your opinion?

Thank you, again, for all your help and work. Really enjoy the site! :slight_smile:

Ack! I’m sorry, I was going off old info… Forgot invis was instant (coming back after 2 years off…)

So, if possible, I would like to find a way to keep mirror image in the rot.

Thank you for your time! :):slight_smile:

Hello Millerwjr, sorry I haven’t had time to reply to you. But this week have been crazy and also have a family member in the hospital. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Not a problem Luis. There is no urgency, please take all the time you need. I really appreciate your time.

I guess what I’m looking for is something between one-key-mashing and unique individual hotkeys, ya know?

Hello Millerwjr, I can try to put together a custom macro for your needs.

/castsequence [mod]Flame Orb; reset=6 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Missiles,Arcane Barrage
/castsequence reset=120 Presence of Mind,Arcane Power
/use 13
/use 14

This should work with the rotation you have been used to. It has a modifier for Flame Orb to be casted on demand whenever you hold a modifier + macro.

I didn’t include the mana gem or images because you explained that you put them up whenever you want.

Hopefully that works out for you.

Thank you Luis!

I’ll give this a try.

I have a problem with clipping of my Arcane Missles. Is there something that I can do to this macro to solve this problem? Everything else works just fine.

/castsequence reset=6 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Missiles,Arcane Barrage
/castsequence reset=110 Presence of Mind,Arcane Power,Arcane Power
/cast Mana Gem
/castsequence reset=180 Mirror Image,Flame Orb,Flame Orb,Flame Orb

Hello Michael, just add the [nochanneling] modifier that fixes this for channeling spells.
Like this:

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=6 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Missiles,Arcane Barrage

Hopefully that works for you.

Hey Luis.

Mate, Im looking for a Lazy Macro or 2… that allows me to max my dps with out Modifiers and yet playable on maybe 2 or 3 buttons.

I find Modifiers to awkward to the style and the sitting arrangement i have. so can you work out please how i can max my dps but with say macros for 2-3 buttons with out modifiers .

Thanks