Arms – 5.0.4

Thanks John Mason for providing a temporary one in the old topic.

This macro will start off with Hamstring every time you change a target, it has a modifier for Heroic Strike to use it as a rage dump or when have the Taste for Blood buff, just hold any modifier key to activate it.

The double Overpower spell in the macro is intended. It makes sure it casts the extra Overpowers all the time :slight_smile:

/castsequence [mod]Heroic Strike;reset=target Hamstring,null
/castsequence reset=combat Mortal Strike,Overpower,Slam
/cast Overpower
/cast Colossus Smash
/cast Execute
/cast Charge
/cast Berserker Rage
/cast Deadly Calm
/cast Recklessness
/startattack

it works great but sometimes it just stop casting spells but I am still spamming it.

Is it when you hit a Shout? I saw it happened on Protection spec cause is kinda bugged, but not sure about Arms.

Yeah it could be, but I just try to restart by press “esc” and retarget, that worked with the old macro but not this one.

i’m having the same issues. I’ll be in a dungeon and doing one mob it’ll be fine and then the next mob it’ll just stop working.

It’s hanging because there’s not enough rage for the slam. Heroic Strike, 30 rage, will go off whenever it’s available so we have to be careful on where we put that. Try this one. (glyph of overpower for this one. if you don’t have that glyph, remove cleave and put in slam. both are 30 rage atks.)

/castsequence [mod]Victory Rush;reset=target Hamstring,null
/castsequence reset=3 Mortal Strike,Overpower,Heroic Strike
/cast Overpower
/cast Colossus Smash
/cast Cleave
/cast Charge
/cast Deadly Calm
/cast Recklessness
/startattack

Also if you have hindering strike glyph, hamstring isn’t necessary in that rotation at all (which frees up 15 rage)

if anyone can get Battle Shout to fire off , please post in here. Remember, Luis’ “Lazy Macros” is a team effort so anyone can help. All credit to him, but he’s got his studies and we all should help where we can. Cheers

John

this doesnt work for me at all , i dont know why :((( and addon is not working either cause no update for 5.0.4 :frowning:

Hello Serdasinan, make sure each cast line is on it’s own line. Is your game client in english? If not, you have to translate the abilities to your language. Make sure there are no extra spaces before the “/”.

Sorry for no addon yet, all the macros are still work in progress. Some of them go over the character limit and they won’t be able to work with the transfer from the addon to the macro UI.

[quote quote=3525]It’s hanging because there’s not enough rage for the slam. Heroic Strike, 30 rage, will go off whenever it’s available so we have to be careful on where we put that. Try this one. (glyph of overpower for this one. if you don’t have that glyph, remove cleave and put in slam. both are 30 rage atks.) /castsequence [mod]Victory Rush;reset=target Hamstring,null
/cast Overpower
/cast Colossus Smash
/cast Cleave
/cast Charge
/cast Deadly Calm
/cast Recklessness
/startattack [/quote]

Down below is what I have, it works great, but is there a way to have it try execute before anything else? I imagine this is how I would want it. I’m not sure. I am new to this kind of macro. So, thank you for your patience in advance. :slight_smile:

/cast Overpower
/cast Colossus Smash
/cast Slam
/cast Charge
/cast Deadly Calm
/cast Recklessness
/startattack

Good job on this one Justin, I"m using it with no changes and it’s working like a charm.

/macro

It’s from your macro earlier in the post, im just aasking if there is a way to make it try to execute before it tries to slam/heroic strike - the 30 rage skills.

How can you make this macro to use heroic strike only after 5 stacks from taste for blood? if its possible.

/cast Overpower
/cast Colossus Smash
/cast Cleave
/cast Charge
/cast Deadly Calm
/cast Recklessness
/startattack

[quote quote=3849]It’s from your macro earlier in the post, im just aasking if[/quote] LOL… so you’re telling me I complimented you on a macro but it was actually my macro … getting old sucks doesn’t it!

no I have not found a way to get Execute to fire off when it’s up. I’ve been looking into making an ARMS macro much like Luis’ protection macro which is perfection (for me anyway)

essentially E is my lazymacro button, and 1 or 2 is my “ability that won’t fire off in a macro” button. Execute in this instance is 3, just because I can get that with my pointer finger while WSADing.

[quote quote=3851]How can you make this macro to use heroic strike only after 5 stacks from taste for blood? if its possible.

best you can do to work that is , on this line

make it something like MS,OvP, Slam,MS, OvP, WW(or something) MS, OvP, then HS. that would give you 4 to 5 stacks i believe?

that problem with arms is that there isn’t anything else you throw in there as a filler to make a macro seamless (without waiting). just about every other class has a filler. HS is our sorta-filler, so to wait for it to get your full benefit from TfB you’d have to do something like the above.

I dislike long cast sequence lines… they seem to muck up more when you change targets i.e. reset=target or reset=(a low number)… reset=combat sometimes works but when you dont have MS or CS on a newly acquired target , you’re stuck waiting on a overpower that’s never going to come.

Still a drawing board session for me.

As soon as servers come up, I’m going to give this a whirl then fine tune it. I’ve been watching Bajheera and Swifty all day on you tube… credit to them
/castsequence [mod]Execute;reset=target Hamstring,null
/castsequence reset=3 Colossus Smash,Mortal Strike,Overpower, Slam,Mortal Strike,Overpower,Heroic Strike
/cast Overpower
/cast Colossus Smash
/cast Slam
/cast Charge
/cast Deadly Calm
/cast Recklessness
/cast Battle Shout
/startattack

edit: Somehow I have to get the skull banner in there.

that was horrific. I added a few addons to help me see just how bad the lazy macro above was when compared to “ideal” rotation and it was quite bad. Do not use the above, but feel free to build on it.

I think I’m close I just can’t find it quite yet.

Ok, i went back to the Master’s initial macro and changed only a few things. My DPS on the dummy went up 10K, so I’m sticking with his… again with minor (pvp oriented) changes.

[quote quote=3862]As soon as servers come up, I’m going to give this a whirl then fine tune it. I’ve been watching Bajheera and Swifty all day on you tube… credit to them
/castsequence [mod]Execute;reset=target Hamstring,null
/castsequence reset=3 Colossus Smash,Mortal Strike,Overpower, Slam,Mortal Strike,Overpower,Heroic Strike
/cast Overpower
/cast Colossus Smash
/cast Slam
/cast Charge
/cast Deadly Calm
/cast Recklessness
/cast Battle Shout
/startattack edit: Somehow I have to get the skull banner in there. [/quote]

LOL i tried that macro before i noticed your next post saying don’t use it. I didn’t fair too bad, but, I think that was because i had a buddy pocket healing me LOL

Hi, I love this macro and have been using it, but it won’t cast either battle shout or Colossus Smash. I’ve been having to cast them manually. Any ideas? Also the problem with the macro kind of hanging seems to be related to the reset on “target” function. It doesn’t do it often, but when it does you’re in trouble.