Arms 5.2

Hey All

Since there were no Arms 5.2 threads here, I thought I would make one. The one I have is a slight modification of Louis’s 5.1 and would like second opinions. Feel free to make any changes that would improve on it.

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Execute

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Slam

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Overpower

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Mortal Strike

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Colossus Smash

/castsequence reset=0.3 Battle Shout

/cast [combat] Berserker Rage

/cast [combat] Deadly Calm

/cast Charge

/cast Victory Rush

/cast [combat] Recklessness

/cast [combat] !Skull Banner

/use [combat] 13

/startattack

I haven’t tried it on a live target yet so I’m not sure if execute will fire off. The only other issue I’ve been seeing is that Slam does not seem to fire off at all and I have to manually integrate it in manually. I tried switching them around and have had adverse effects. I’m only currently 81 on this toon, but, I’ve been avg around 10-15k dps. Item lvl is a tad bit high because i was able to get a hold of a few ilvl 400+ items. Feel free to do some checking and see what you guys come up with.

You might try this. You just have to hold down your alt key as you hit the macro (or for me you just hold down alt while your keyboard is pressing the button for you) and it will slam.

/cast [mod] Slam
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Execute
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Overpower
/cast Charge
/cast Victory Rush
/use [combat] 13
/startattack

I took your advice livil and did some tweaking to it. everything seemed to fire off when i was doing an AV match as well as the dummy and execute seemed to have fired off although im not sure how many times.

Here’s the new macro I came up with. I think it’s still a work in progress and could probably be better, but, it’s a start

/castsequence [mod] commanding shout;reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Execute

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Slam

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Overpower

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Mortal Strike

/castsequence reset=0.3 Colossus Smash

/cast Charge

/cast Victory Rush

/use [combat] 13

/startattack

I don’t have /use [combat] 14 because it’s my pvp trinket slot and i don’t need that firing off constantly especially at the wrong time and I use commanding shout rather than battle shout and I have that as my mod cast. anywho enjoy

My newer version fires off better. I was getting too many Wild Strikes on the previous version.

Single Target:

#showtooltip Colossus Smash
/cast [mod] Recklessness
/cast [mod] Skull Banner
/cast [mod] Bloodbath
/cast [mod] Dragon Roar
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Overpower
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Execute
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Slam
/cast Charge
/cast Execute
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

My AoE Arms macro:

#showtooltip Thunder Clap
/cast [mod] Bloodbath
/cast [mod] Dragon Roar
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Sweeping Strikes
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Thunder Clap
/castsequence reset=0.3 Mortal Strike
/cast Charge
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

[quote quote=6674]#showtooltip Thunder Clap
/cast [mod] Bloodbath
/cast [mod] Dragon Roar
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Sweeping Strikes
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Thunder Clap
/castsequence reset=0.3 Mortal Strike
/cast Charge
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack[/quote]

This isn’t firing off Sweeping strikes for some reason? ant ideas?

[quote quote=6673]My newer version fires off better. I was getting too many Wild Strikes on the previous version.

Single Target:

#showtooltip Colossus Smash<br>
/cast [mod] Recklessness<br>
/cast [mod] Skull Banner<br>
/cast [mod] Bloodbath<br>
/cast [mod] Dragon Roar<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Overpower<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Execute<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Slam<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Mortal Strike<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Colossus Smash<br>
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage<br>
/cast Charge<br>
/cast Execute<br>
/use [combat] 13<br>
/use [combat] 14<br>
/startattack
[/quote]

This one doesn’t seem to ever fire off Overpower when it procs…I’m testing it at the target dummy and have 5 stacks just sitting there, for now I’ve just put over power as the next key over but I think it still messes with my dps

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Slam
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Overpower
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Mortal Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Colossus Smash
/castsequence [mod:alt] Heroic Strike;reset=target Execute
/cast Berserker Rage
/cast Deadly Calm
/cast Charge
/startattack

The reason some abilities are not firing is you don’t use a macro capable keyboard. If you have a keyboard that can do button presses for you it’ll fire it all off if you set it to a rapid press.

So far, I’ve been using rather simple macros. So, regarding these macros I have 2 questions:

1. Can someone please explain what’s the meaning of 0,0,0 or 1,2,3 in front on an ability in the macro? First time I see this, I really want to understand it fully.

2. Some of the macros written by you guys are simply too long for the macro tab in WoW… they exceed the 255 number of characters. So, do you use some addon or something to be able to write macros with more than 255 characters?

… hope I get some answers, guys, thanks:)

Hey Patricia,

1. It’s all in the post here–> The priority cast macros - Lazy Macros - WoW Lazy Macros

2. You will need to download this addon Fandom once you’ve done that you can find out how to properly use it by visiting this post Macro Toolkit , new SDM replacement and much more - User Interface Add-ons - WoW Lazy Macros

Since you’ve posted in a Arms macro thread im guessing thats what you’re looking for so here is the macro i currently use, i only pvp though, also i’ve left out the recklessness and avatar cause i hate firing that in a not so usefull situation :)```
#showtooltip 16
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,4,slam
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,Overpower
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Mortal Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,Colossus Smash
/castsequence reset=0.5 Battle Shout
/castsequence [mod:shift]Heroic Strike;reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Execute
/use Charge
/startattack
/use [combat]13

Anyways hope you found this somewhat usefull, otherwise post again and i or someone else will most likely be able to assist.

[quote quote=7950]So far, I’ve been using rather simple macros. So, regarding these macros I have 2 questions:

1. Can someone please explain what’s the meaning of 0,0,0 or 1,2,3 in front on an ability in the macro? First time I see this, I really want to understand it fully.

2. Some of the macros written by you guys are simply too long for the macro tab in WoW… they exceed the 255 number of characters. So, do you use some addon or something to be able to write macros with more than 255 characters?

… hope I get some answers, guys, thanks:)
[/quote]

As for question #1 I really don’t know. I just use the 0’s in the castsequence because it makes it look more uniform imho.
edit*: this thread here might help a little 0's in castsequence - How To's - WoW Lazy Macros

As for #2 Yes there are a couple of Addons that makes the character limit go past 255. One is Super Duper Macro which has been out of date for ages and another one is MacroToolKit which is always up to date and has more features. Both can be found on Curse. I’d recommend Macrotoolkit because it has a feature that tells you if there is an error with your macro as well as having other features.

Hope this helps in some way