Assassination - 5.2

/castsequence [form:1]Ambush;reset=0.3 0,0,Dispatch
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom
/use [combat]Combat Readiness
/use [noform:1]Stealth
/startattack

This will cast dispatch on cd and has been extremely smooth thus far. I picked up shadow focus and Cloak and Dagger to ensure a smooth burst on opening. Also SnD is manually cast early, but with the Glyph of Deadly Momentum it’s always up from mob to mob. This macro works great for me in 5.2. Hope it helps others!

You might try something like this… I don’t use Ambush as an opener, because Garrote gets me Venomous Wounds. I just put my Garrote on the same button on my stealth bar that I’ll be spamming for my macro… It opens with slice and dice and then moves into the rotation using envenom to refresh Slice and Dice.

#showtooltip Mutilate

/castsequence reset=combat/10 Mutilate,Slice and Dice,null

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Vendetta

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Redirect

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Dispatch

/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom

/cast [combat] Shadow Blades

/use [nostance:1] Stealth

Thanks for the macro Livil, it’s been working great!

Well, I’ve found that on heavy target switching that the macro tends to lock :frowning:

Think the issue I’m having is that SnD will lock up the macro if it tries to reapply to a fresh target when the current cast is stronger. Might have to do SnD manually.

using the above, i’ve modified a little for a pvp macro.

#showtooltip
/cast [nostealth,nocombat]Stealth
/cast [stealth]Cheap Shot
/castsequence reset=15 Mutilate,Slice and Dice,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Envenom
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Vendetta
/castsequence [mod]Cloak of Shadows;reset=target Mutilate,Rupture,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom
/cast [combat]Shadow Blades
/cast [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Evasion
/use [combat] 10
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

Hey John

I tryed your macro now that i came back to wow after a long time, im level 85 ass speced. But when i use the macro you have posted i hit it and here is what happens.

Stealth > CS > Multi > SnD and then it turens to a red ? and dont use any other skills. I was thinking if its me missing some skills or dont have the right spec, i well link to my toon here so you can see my spec.

Hope you have the time to help me out here, i hav loved you working back in the days so much.

Cheers

Oi Jeff glad to help. the red ? would indicate you’ve not a talent that I’ve included in the macro for use. (or an ability, for that matter)

In that you’re 85, you will not be able to yet use Shadow Blades. Simply remove that from the macro and you should be good to go. I just tried it for you and it continued to work just fine. /use 10 is hand armor of course, if you’re not an engineer you can remove that as well.

Further testing of the line “/cast [combat] Shiv” vs /use [combat] Shiv is needed… use whatever works for you, or remove that line as well if you like.

Cheers Jeff give us a shout if it works for you.

John

Its good John Mason but still hangs alot when you switch target like Stephen Wright told, It even hangs when you tunneling target

any solution for it?? Regards

I adjusted it today, to this. In my previous posts I did ask for some help with the hanging portion (was not effectively using Mutilate)

This has been working much better for me.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Mutilate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Envenom
/castsequence [mod]Shuriken Toss;reset=20 Slice and Dice, Rupture
/use [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Evasion
/use [combat] 10

Yet another edit.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Mutilate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Envenom
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Kidney Shot
/use [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Evasion
/use [combat] 10

Aha ok will try it out and report back

Regards

Hey Again John.

I still have a bit of problems. Sometimes its locking up or something, and the red ? is still there tho i have had a look on all the skills in the macro and i have them all, i even tested it on the PTR with a lvl 90. I gues its just me WHO dont understand how im to use this macro :slight_smile: gues ill level the normal way :slight_smile:

Ill still be keeping an eye on this forum to see if something comes up.

But anyways thanks for trying to help a noob :slight_smile:

I keep fiddling with all my macros and I expect people to change them around to suit their needs. here’s my latest (put Mutilate sooner in the priority)

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Vendetta
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Envenom
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Kidney Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Mutilate
/use [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Evasion
/use [combat] 10

this would work but for some reason it takes up to many characters and will not fit

Hello Matt Rieman, get an addon like Macro Toolkit and that should fix the problem.

I’m getting VERY positive results with this updated macro. I’ve done a couple raids with it and I haven’t had any lock ups from target switching. I’m thinking part of the lock up problem is actually dispatch on bosses, as you get into the execute phase it’s just going to spam dispatch because it’s available 100% of the time. So, once I hit the execute phase I let my macro run and I manually press Rupture/Envenom when I hit 5 combo points.

/castsequence reset=5 Mutilate, Slice and Dice, Stop
/cast [mod] Slice and Dice
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Shadow Blades
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Vendetta
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Dispatch
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom,Mutilate,Envenom

DISCLAIMER: I USE A KEYBOARD TO PRESS MY “1” BUTTON FASTER. SOME MACROS MAY WORK BETTER FOR ME BECAUSE OF THIS. THIS IS NOT A BANNABLE OFFENSE.

Assassination Rogue requires two macros to do correctly as your rotation changes when the mob drops below 35% life. Both macros contain a cast mod for Slice and Dice, so you can refresh this by holding down the “ALT” key. You only need one combo point when you do this, as your Envenom will update it to a five combo point Slice and Dice. Using Slice and Dice at 5 combo points could lock up the macro, as it may be trying to use a finisher with no combo points, so do not use the cast modifier to update Slice and Dice if your combo point bar is full.

Use this macro from 100% health to 35% health:

#showtooltip Mutilate
/castsequence reset=5 Mutilate, Slice and Dice, null
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,Dispatch
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,Shadow Blades
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,Vendetta
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom, Mutilate, Envenom

Use this macro from 35% to 0%:

#showtooltip Dispatch
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,Shadow Blades
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,Vendetta
/castsequence reset=target Dispatch, Dispatch, Dispatch, Dispatch, Rupture, Dispatch, Dispatch, Dispatch, Dispatch, Dispatch, Envenom, Dispatch, Envenom

Hey livil, just wanted to let you know that I tried your 2 macro setup and it’s been working fantastic! No lockups, just pure fun!

Thanks to all that have contributed to the thread!