Assassination Lazy Macro – 4.3

This lazy macro should Mutilate your opponent! There are a few interesting things that this macro will do for you. You are out of combat right? The macro will put you on Stealth mode and won’t get you out of it if you hit it again by mistake. Just put it on your stealth bar and BOOM it will start with Garrote! That’s not all, is also spammable!

If for some reason you forgot to stealth it wont lock up, it will keep a smooth rotation. I made the rotation the way it is on the macro because slice and dice would lock it up if it was the first finishing move. This was the “Missing In Action” lazy macro in order to complete all damage macros for all classes. In order to use the Redirect spell, hold a modifier and hit the macro button again. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Don’t forget to use only daggers and apply poisons to them.

Remove Vanish if you want to use it for farming or leveling.

/castsequence [stance:1]Garrote;[mod]Redirect;reset=target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Mutilate,Slice and Dice,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom
/castsequence reset=120 Vendetta,Cold Blood,Vanish
/cast Smoke Bomb
/use 13
/use 14
/cast [nostance:1] Stealth

Macro Explanation:

UPDATED September 30, 2011: Relocated the Redirect spell that was not working, now it activates with a modifier and the rotation resets on target to prevent any lock ups.

What you trinkets aimed to create the build? it will not crash if some trinket of skill or second or third party infrastructure is on CD?

Hello johnny, I couldn’t understand what you were trying to ask. Type it in your language and I will try to translate it. “Si hablas español, escribelo otra vez y asi te puedo ayudar. No entendi la pregunta en ingles.”

Okay, since Google translator could not help me I asked for help for my girlfriend …
This build was created especially for some specific trinket? I’m still not level 85 to test the build but it will not crash after the castsequence?

Any trinkets should work, it doesn’t matter if you are lower level. To make it work with a lower level character just remove the abilities that you haven’t trained yet. They are usually grayed out in the spell book at the end pages. Once you remove the abilities you do not have it should work fine.
If you need help in adapting it for your level, just post here your level and I’ll be happy to help you to adapt it.

i tried this macro and it seems it never puts up a slice and dice or a rupture at all … by spamming this macro. what could i be doing wrong. i use quite alot of yours and they all seem to work but this one … i even use ur combat one for rogue.

Hello Rogue4life, I just tested this macro and is working fine. Is kinda odd because other macros work and this one does not. I would of suggest to make sure that if your client is in other language other than english, the macro has to be translated but the other macros work so this does not apply.
Is your character level 85? Did you trained all the abilities?

Here is a link to the armory of the rogue I test it with so you can compare:
Saifing’s Armory

my character is 85 and i have all abilities trained … i use ur combat one all the time … and my client is in english

/castsequence [stance:1]Garrote;[mod]Redirect;reset=target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Mutilate,Slice and Dice,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom
/use 13
/use 14

only thing i took out was smoke bombs and this is what i have macro’ed

only thing i took out was smoke bomb … and yes im 85 and have all abilities trained … my client is in english … and i use ur combat one with not one problem

/use 13
/use 14

Rogue4life, are you copying the macro from the site and pasting or you using the addOn plugin?
Can you try it without removing anything to check if still works? I will give it a look again but I did see slice and dice working.

Make sure you are using only daggers in assassination, otherwise Mutilate would not work.

Hi all,
I use Luis’s original macro up until 35% and then I switch to another macro that is almost the same (hope you forgive me for mutilating your work Luis!). The problem I’m having is this, a lot of the time, it will have and say there is a more powerful spell already applied to the target and stop working until said spell, i.e., Rupture, falls off. Is there any way around this? Here is the macro I’ve cobbled together.
/castsequence [stance:1]Cheap Shot;[mod]Kick;reset=target Backstab,Backstab,Backstab,Backstab,Backstab,Envenom
/castsequence reset=20 Rupture,Slice and Dice
/use 13
/use 14

The cast sequence reset is my attempt to only get it to use Rupture and Slice and Dice every 20 seconds, perhaps avoiding the problem altogether.

Your expert advice would be much appreciated!

Hello Boyka, there’s no problem at all making the macros to fit your needs :slight_smile:
I have encountered this problem of getting stuck on Rupture before, the problem is sometimes talents give us extra combo points and makes it randomly and some finishing moves can not be overlapped with less combo points.

A temporary fix is revert back to the original macro I did or the one you prefer and use a combo point ability beside your macro to put you in the safe zone, that way when it gets stuck trying to cast something that can’t be overlapped with less combo points just hit the ability and keep going with the macro.

Hi Luis,
I’m sorry to be such a newb, but, as I understand it, when this macro get stuck, just do another combo point ability? Anything other then rupture,something like envenom or SnD? Is there anyway to make this automatic? I find myself trying to stay out of the ‘fire’ a lot and not really looking at the macro button until it’s been a while and I notice my character animation is nothing but auto attack. Also, will this sequence in the macro even work? /castsequence reset=20 Rupture,Slice and Dice.
Thank you in advance, I really appreciate your expert advice :mrgreen:

Hello Boyka, I was saying the opposite to those you mention, more like Backstab or Hemo to build up more combo points so the macro can override the old DoT from the last Rupture.
And about the small sequence it works but not efficiently. The problem with it is that it may use the combo points too quickly and you end up maybe doing finishing moves of 1 combo points each.
I’m looking forward to the expansion and since they are revamping the talents we might have a chance to not be so random and macros flow easily on the rogue or any combo point classes.

Hi Luis,
Thanks, that makes sense. I agree on the /castsequence reset=20 Rupture,Slice and Dice, doesn’t seem to do all that well. I’m still trying to work something out… I appreciate your help and advice. :stuck_out_tongue:

anyone got an updated version of this? or does this one still work?