@Authors and Fellow Hunters

Hi all, long time lurker/user first time contributor.

i noticed many of the great macros are missing some quality of life improvements for users and their fellow adventurers.

In the keypress i recommend it includes the following:

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack
/cast Claw
/cast Bite
/cast Smack
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Mend Pet
/cast Wake Up
/cast [target=focus,exists,nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection

The reason for the /cast Claw Bite Smack is the hunter theorycrafting discord identified an issue with pets casting their auto basic attacks slower than previously, which was found to affect dps. Including this in the premacro seems to resolve this delay for the time being.

The reason for “/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Mend Pet” is a bit obvious, this will not actually mend your pet but if its dead it will revive it. If you put “[@pet,dead] Revive Pet” is auto changes to Mend Pet. The reason Mend Pet is left out of WLMs is the lock up it causes having the “[@pet,dead]” conditionals stops this lockup in my testing and simply revives the pet. I additionally use a modifier in my Key release for mending my pet/s.
/cast [mod:alt] Mend Pet

The reason for “/cast Wake Up” you will see below there is nothing worse then feigning death and having your pet continue combat and keeping you in combat. If you have instructed your pets to Play Dead this will wake them up to continue combat when you continue with your Lazy Macro.

The most important part of the macro is avoiding the Huntard reputation, by including the following:
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
It will use Growl when your alone and ungrouped causing your pet to gain agro and when you join any party/raid it will ensure your pet isn’t casting growl until your alone again.

Finally keeping you out of enemy focus is the Misdirect, being a career tank i chose to manually control this but there is no harm for it being in your keypress.

Now for some other helpful Macros that are not part of your WLM.

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] Binding Shot

Great for Mythic+ and controlling situations if you chose this tallent. Just Change the spell if you want to use this for additional Hunter Trap macros.

#showtooltip Feign Death
/stopcasting
/cast Feign Death
/cast Play Dead

As previously mentioned this will not only fein you the hunter but your pets will also play dead ensuring combat is dropped and having a better chance of fooling that enemy PVPer.

#showtooltip
/cast [@player] Flare

Just heard the awful stealth noise? Instant cast flare on ur location.

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@focus,exists,nodead] Misdirection; [target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection

As mentioned before if you want to manually control this yourself.

#showtooltip
/cast [combat] Mend Pet
/cast [nocombat] Fetch

Combining two spells to save action buttons and keybindings
> in combat this will Mend/Revive your pet
> out of combat this will have him fetch your loot.

Bonus Mount Macro

#showtooltip
/use [flyable,nomounted,noswimming] FLYING_MOUNT_NAME
/use [swimming,nomod] UNDERWATER_MOUNT_NAME; [flyable,mod:ctrl] FLYING_MOUNT_NAME
/use [noflyable,nomounted] GROUND_MOUNT_NAME
/dismount
/use [noflying,nomounted] Goblin Glider Kit

Not in Combat this will Mount your Flying Mount in a flying permitted zone, your Ground Mount in a no flying zone, your underwater mount if your in the water, if you want to fly from the water in a flying permitted zone use the modifier it will also dismount you if mounted and finally if you are falling it will use a glider providing you have one in your bags (glider will work in and out of combat).

/petautocastoff [group] Growl /petautocaston [nogroup] Growl

From what I read, this is no longer needed as it is now done automatically by Blizz upon entering and leaving a dungeon or instance.

Has been reported that Huntards were getting kicked out of raids with these command lines in the macros. The command lines were actually turning growl back on after Blizz has automatically turned them off upon entering the dungeon or instance.

Interesting i have not had the chance to test this yet but good to know.

/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Mend Pet

With the changes to GCD “/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Mend Pet” no longer works, and will in fact freeze up your macros. The “/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1,” part will still work but the problem lies with the “[@pet,dead] Mend Pet,” as Mend Pet has been added to the GCD.

Believe me I use to have it as part of my Beta testing macros, and had to remove it. So unless Blizzard take it back off GCD. We can’t use it.

However with the conditional being “Requires the pet to be dead” this will ignore the Mending cast skipping over it. However if the pet is dead this will cast mend pet which is actually revive pet then continue with the macro.

There is no easy way to test this because its difficult to just randomly kill your pet, uno for science…

But whilst using this in keypress and my pet being alive i found this functioning as it should in theory ignoring the mend pet cause my pet wasn’t dead.

Originally i created it as
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Revive Pet

Apon saving the macro is auto corrected it to mend pet. But in my experience the conditional in the macro string should in turn make it ignore the mending. Which is why in my Key Release i have:
/cast [mod:alt] Mend Pet
For when i actually want to mend said pet.

I could just leave it as a modifier in the keyrelease only but sometimes i am to busy looking at other stuff to realise fluffy got ded…

Are you saying you were able “for science” to test this in a WLM with a dead pet and it locked it up?

It has been real easy for our pets to die in beta, using an under geared Blizzard’s pre-made hunter. So yes it has been tested many times.

i found a workaround for the revive pet issue.

make a new standard macro.

/cast [@pet, dead] Revive Pet
/cast [nopet, nodead] Call Pet 1
/cast [@pet, nodead, nochanneling] Mend Pet

add it to a button. i used ActionButton7, use framestack to figure out what the button you want to use is called.

add the line

/click ActionButton7 to your GSE macro. Obviously, put in whatever your button name is. works perfectly for me.

I use wihtout extra macros, and it works.

keypress: /cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Revive Pet
premacro: /cast [combat] Revive Pet
sequence: /castsequence [@pet,combat] reset=combat Revive Pet

Don’t forget; many (including myself) are die-hard PVPers. There are certain commands that do NOT work well in PVP (Mend Pet is an example–it kills DPS numbers). So when we go to write a macro, the last thing we are thinking about is a PVE QoL command.

Yes. That is very true lol. I don’t pvp alot myself, but still I keep those heals outta both pvp, arena and dungeon mode. Only need for heal for anything besides questing must be when soloing lower lvl dungeons (but then the heals aint much nessecary anyways. :wink: