Autohotkey

Hey everyone,
I don t have a magic keyboard that allow me to set the time for the macros.
So I found on the internet this software : autohotkey.
I want to press my macro button and that it repeat the macro until I release the button.
It works pretty well for me with this software but I wanted to be sure that Blizzard allow it…

Do you guys know if I can use it ???

That is bannable, just like Jamba and other mutliboxing addons. I’ve heard of others using autohotkey and I’m not sure if Blizzard has banned anybody from it.

As long as you do 1 button press is equal to 1 spell. You can’t for example cast Immolate and Chaos Bolt at the same time. While the ToS is way out of date because you honestly can’t do that anymore. Back in Vanilla there was a mod called Panza that would do that for you.

[quote quote=7236]Hey everyone,<br>
I don t have a magic keyboard that allow me to set the time for the macros.<br>
So I found on the internet this software : autohotkey.<br>
I want to press my macro button and that it repeat the macro until I release the button.<br>
It works pretty well for me with this software but I wanted to be sure that Blizzard allow it…

Do you guys know if I can use it ???
[/quote]

Thank you for your help
Actually I m looking for something that can help me to repeat the same button

For instance, I have a macro on my button 1 and I have to spam this one, but instead of spamming 1 ,I would like to keep the button 1 pressed and that it spams the macro at the right timing.

Thank you again.

Yep the macros we make here you can do that and it’s not against the ToS. Even I discussed it with Luis and a few others on this site. One button spam macros, are fully acceptable as long as you use Blizzard’s macro editor or API (like SuperDuperMacro or Macro Toolkit).

Macros that have you do multiple things at one, are considered bannable. I know a friend of mine who use to do multiboxing of five different classes. He was actually a very good raider who could make up 5 spots in our raid team back in the day. Now because of that, he’s on a lifetime ban.

@OP. To answer your question, yes you should be ok with your software to spam one key with a specific delay. Just be sure to click some other spells once in a while and no one should bother you. For example hit Death Pact, drop D&D and pest when there are adds in case of DK or eat a warlock cookie/potions during a fight. I am sure all the classes have some additional spells that cant be part of these macros.

At the end of the day if you come on blizzards radar and if they want your a$$ canned, they can and will as their EULA and ToS is very vague and pretty much gives them right to do whatever they want. Remember, your toon is not yours. It is owned by blizzard and you are paying to play it on blizzard owned servers.

I use a program called auto keyboard which spams the main (usually single target macro) for me which is set to 20 milliseconds. It’s helpful for those non-movement tank and spank fights but stops if you click on the keyboard for anything else. It raises your dps a bit but thats about it.

I just bought a Sharkoon Skiller Gaming Keyboard from amazon for $30 on Amazon and hoping it’ll compare somewhat with a logitech or razer keyboard which is a bit expensive for me atm (unpaid medical leave ftl).

As far as I know you are fine when you keep spamming one button which activates your macro, the moment you start using your mouse or keyboard button when held in or to toggle that key to keep spamming a certain key its called automation and I think that will be bannable, so be carefull.

Maybe someone can shed some more light on this subject?

@William

Yes and no. You can have your macro go off (holding or toggle) and still push another button as long as it’s not on the GCD. For example, Mend Pet is on the GCD so you have to cast it in between your macro. But Silencing Shot on the other hand is not on the GCD so you can push it as much as you want on it.

90% of spells are on the GCD, 10% are not. Every class has at least 1-2 spells that can be queued as well.

Where you get in trouble, is if your macro is going off and it can tell when to move out of fire, take flight paths for you, and basically quest for you. Jamba for example will do that for you and that’s bannable.

So, did I get this right:

I may take one of the provided one-button-macros provided on this forum, spam-press the button while fighting, press some other button inbetween from time to time, and this ist ok? Isnt it suspicious if Blizz has a look at my queue and see the many spells that are queued from spamming?

Isnt this a narrow line between normal and bannable playstyle?