Beast Mastery PvE Strategies

There are several strategic paths one might favor when using the Beast Mastery specialization. I will discuss them generally here and offer advice. I would also be happy to delve deeper into the minutia if people are interested.

Damage paths:

Path 1 - Optimal Single Target / Decent AOE - This path is recommended for those interested in raiding, and is also my preferred option for general purposes (Word Quests, Questing, Rep grinds, soloing older and/or challenging content.

Path 2 - Optimal AOE / Decent Single Target - This path is recommended for those that primarily do instance content, especially Mythic+ style content where the goal is speedy AOE clearing. It is also used by those interested in padding DPS meters for whatever reasons.

I personally prefer path 1, and at higher gear levels, the AOE damage is still excellent. I mostly am interested in raiding, and focus on ‘effective’ DPS. What I mean by this is that I want do as much damage as possible that matters.

For example, on Mythic Botanist in Nighthold, the fight starts with all three bosses up. I could pad DPS meters and maximize AOE damage, but as soon as one of the bosses die, the other 2 bosses gain full health and all the damage that was done to them is nullified. Only the damage done to the bos that was killed actually mattered. You might notice that the damage shown at Warcraft Logs isn’t the same as your logs. This is because non-effective damage is stripped out.

Path 1 talents: 2212112 - Valid options include using Dire Stable (if you find yourself getting focus starved often), Blink Strikes (useful for fights where pet needs to move a lot), Intimidation (for fights where single target stun is useful), Volley (for fights where AOE helps such as Skorpyron), and Stampede.

Stat priority - I have been using the one recommended on Icy Veins:

( Pawn: v1: “Beast Mastery”: Agility=16.89, Ap=16.16, CritRating=11.79, HasteRating=13.23, MasteryRating=15.10, Versatility=11.31, Dps=7.01 )

Path 2 talents: 3113133 - Valid options include Bestial Fury, and Stampede. In my testing Aspect of the Beast results in the best AOE damage.

Stat priority - same as above

Using Pets: It is important to remember that if you are using AOTB, your pet should be in Ferocity, unless it is tanking. For raiding, I recommend using non-spirit beast pets. I tend to use smaller pets as they are less distracting. Otherwise, if you are filling in gaps such as battle rez, lust, etc, use those pets as needed.

For some reason the pawn string is not importing

Hello gween, i am currently using your macro and i have to say that it is really great, really done well. I have a 895 item gear with shoulder straps and boots, 4 tier set bonus and trinket bis (at least it seems) my dps is really Super high my average is 800k minimum, but close raid boss as well at 1 million at times. Macro really great. Use 1 for single damage, and I guarantee that the aoe version is also fabulous, my average damage damage is 2 million, but I’ve also reached maximum 8-9 million points in mythical +12 ao. I hope for a more accurate macro in the future.

( Pawn: v1: "Beast Mastery": Agility=16.89, Ap=16.16, CritRating=11.79, HasteRating=13.23, MasteryRating=15.10, Versatility=11.31, Dps=7.01 )
this imported for me, but I still use raidbots.com

As always excellent work Gween thanks for your insight

[quote quote=48081]( Pawn: v1: “Beast Mastery”: Agility=16.89, Ap=16.16, CritRating=11.79, HasteRating=13.23, MasteryRating=15.10, Versatility=11.31, Dps=7.01 ) this imported for me, but I still use raidbots.com
[/quote]
Thanks that one worked