BM 5.4.8 Macro - Haste>Crit>Mastery

Hey guys!

You may know me from the Warrior forum as I posted some fury macros a couple months back. I have since stopped playing warrior as I got burnt out and started playing hunter as my main now. It’s just a lot more fun class for me at this point in time as I’ve played warrior for well over 7 years. Anyway just wanted to post whats been working for me as a hunter. I’ve tried numerous macros on here and tweaked some for my own testing here and there but finally came up with something that does a lot of damage and burst for me.

I currently run the Haste>Crit>Mastery build as suggested by askmrrobot.com. My talents are 1,1,3,2,2,1. Glyphs for BM don’t really matter. I run Animal Bond, Liberation, and Pathfinding. You can run Endless Wrath glyph if you want, but I never have problems when my Bestial Wrath is active.

I am 568 ilvl, with legendary cloak, 4pc set bonus, and heroic warforged weapon. Also I still have only a fully upgraded FLEX trinket as the normal or heroic versions never like to drop.

For me that only has a few heroic pieces I do burst the most at the start and will end usually around 3rd or 4th when fights are done. Only reason for that is the rest of my guild are all almost 580 ilvl. Don’t worry though, I used these macros as I was gearing up through LFR’s and Flex and I just got my legendary cloak this past week. Until then I was using a Prideful PVP cloak >.<

Single Target:

/petattack
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,0,Cobra Shot
/castsequence reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.7 0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.7 0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.7 0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast !focus fire
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/startattack

AOE:

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
/petattack
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,0,0,Cobra Shot
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=3 Multi-Shot,Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast !focus fire
/use [combat] blood fury
/cast [combat] rapid fire
/startattack

Burst - What I open with after I pre-pot, but before I spam my single target macro. Also I don’t spec A Murder of Crows in PVE, but I do for PVP so that’s why it’s in the macro:

#showtooltip Stampede
/petattack
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,stampede
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Bestial Wrath
/use Virmen's Bite

I’ve tried Survival and just don’t like the style of that spec. I will try it out again since I have a lot better gear than when I tried it before and if I come up with some good macros I’ll post them as well. I just love BM and to me a hunter is only as good as hit pet. Survival is mostly just you as you can dps without a pet. Plus I love using exotic pets while raiding and you can only do that as BM.

Thanks guys and would love to here comments and/or feedback!

Ryan

Also you may notice some say 0.9, 0.7, 0.3…you have to change these to what your world ms is at that time. Last night in raid my world ms was at about 67 so I had them set at 0.7, but there are times where my world ms might be 25 where I would then change my macros to 0.3

Hope that makes sense!

What sort of DPS are you pulling with these macros?

This works fine apart form the fact I often run out of focus and have to manually cast Cobra shot(due to macro not casting soon enough), I have 37% haste 26% crit. I pull about 220k sustained with this at 547 pve on dummies. and 245k with MM. Now, no other Macro comes within 50k of my MM build and that’s a personal build. I know MM is meant to do the least DPS, but with 245k sustained dps over 100m damage it is well the best choice for me, I don’t see how it could be worse. I’ve tried the best rotations and macros for BM and Surv and they both return similar dps. Maybe it’s because I gem haste > crit and no other MM does that?
I recommend trying this;
Cast: Aimed shot + Chimera shot, then instantly Stampede; Murder of Crows, rapid fire, dire beast, serpents sting.
Then cast steady shot 1 time, then chimera shot. then repeat the following sequence: Steady shot, aimed shot, steady shot x2, chimera shot, steady shot, Glaive toss, aimed shot.
(while casting Dire beast, rapid fire, MoC(only when stampede is off cd too) and Glaive toss on CD)
If anyone could try that and tell me if it works for them too?

ALso can someone tell me why this macro leaves me focus-less?

p.s[sorry for ramble about MM]

On Heroic Thok, the least I’ve pulled with this macro is 288k and the most has been 330k with my single target macro. That’s a good base too because hunters usually do very well on Thok fights. We have not killed Thok yet on heroic but have made it to about 3/4ths of the fight.

Only reason I can say that you are running out of focus is your gear. I should have said in my original post that I ran Thrill of the Hunt until I had enough haste from gear where I could then switch to Dire Beast. You will run out of focus if not running Thrill of the Hunt at low ilvl’s. Also you shouldn’t be using Murder of Crows as BM…