BM WoD Beta macros.

I recently put in a ticket with Blizzard about the leading zero technique and the reason it’s not in the build is because there is a good chance it’s being removed from the game.

Basic macros have been in the WOD beta since the start and those work fine. The complex strings that we post on the other hand is something Blizzard is looking to remove due to the removal of the button bloat way.

Similar to what Wild Star did that complex macro strings won’t be allowed in the future.

Seeing a BM Hunter is basically 4 commands (KC, AS, CS, KS) the thinking of Blizzard is that you might not need it. I’m looking to see if that is becoming a universal philosophy.

[quote quote=13883]I recently put in a ticket with Blizzard about the leading zero technique and the reason it’s not in the build is because there is a good chance it’s being removed from the game.

Basic macros have been in the WOD beta since the start and those work fine. The complex strings that we post on the other hand is something Blizzard is looking to remove due to the removal of the button bloat way.

Similar to what Wild Star did that complex macro strings won’t be allowed in the future.

Seeing a BM Hunter is basically 4 commands (KC, AS, CS, KS) the thinking of Blizzard is that you might not need it. I’m looking to see if that is becoming a universal philosophy.
[/quote]

the funny thing is my guardian Druid’s macros still works for the for the most part.

That was similar to Aimed Shot in MOP working but Pyroblast not working. I’m going to wait for another build before doing any more testing. The next build will be one of the final builds as they are looking to release before September 29

Ok I came up with something that works

/castsequence reeset=target Kill Command, Cobra Shot, Arcane Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Kill Shot
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/castsequence reset=23 Focus Fire

Tell me what you think. Until we can get the leading zeros working, lets see how the old style works.

Posted by Blizzard MVP:

Scripts are disabled on Beta and PTR until they are in a stable enough position to allow them. It interferes with determining bugs and issues. They usually get turned on around when raid testing starts, so try again later.

Our macros are considered scripts.

even the basic macro is hung up right now :S

Ah well… back to relearning the rotation by hand…

Fir those of yo like me who have had Dismiss Pet disappear from you your spell book, the following macro is a good replacement.

/petdismiss

ok be playing on beta for 1 day now and I have come up with this

#Showtooltip
/castsequence reset=15 Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Focus Fire
/cast !Kill Command
/startattack
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
its just a normal macro 251 Characters long

[quote quote=15571]ok be playing on beta for 1 day now and I have come up with this

#Showtooltip
/castsequence reset=15 Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Focus Fire
/cast !Kill Command
/startattack
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
its just a normal macro 251 Characters long
[/quote]
You’ll find you can run much more in a macro if you’ll remove the last three lines there… There is an addon called quiet macros that will allow you to silence and clear screen with just /q 0 /q 1 /q c… You can also run multi-castsequence macros in the same macro on Beta so long as the first one is a continual cast (ie; /castsequence cobra shot,arcane shot (or whatever order you’d prefer them in)).

Will throw up my macro for Beta when I get home.

I have been making several inqueries from a few people through PM’s but to no avail. I was looking at some Hunter Macro’s and I was considering boosting a Hunter for Warlords of Draenor. That being said, I have a few questions for the community.

1. How much more damage do you think you would be doing if you were manually doing an optimal rotation? (what’s the DPS difference if you weren’t using a macro)

2. Will anyone be doing any EFFECTIVE updated Hunter macros for WoD?

3. With the changes in WoD, how well would a macro like this one work?

4. How are Hunters looking when compared to other ranged DPS classes in WoD so far?

5. Which Hunter spec do you think will perform the best in WoD and how well do you think a Macro will work for that spec?

6. How much AoE damage do you usually do with your current macros?

7. I was also looking at a Shadow Priest macro from Ozzy Mozzy: 5.4.8 Shadow Priest Great Dps PVE - Patch 5.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros

I asked him the same questions I asked here but I haven’t gotten any response from him. Maybe someone else could assist?

I’m either going to play a Shadow Priest or a Hunter, I would love some advice. I want to do very high DPS but I plan on using the class/spec that will be macro’d the easiest.

Would love some advice

Kind Regards,

Areli.

Areli,
You haven’t gotten replies because… to be honest… right now we don’t know what the state of our macros will be in WoD. Currently between Beta/PTR they haven’t enabled scripts (what our macros, in their current state, rely on). Over the next few weeks, we’ll find out more.
That being said, I’ll attempt to answer your questions as best I can.

This depends on the player, their macro, and their latency/lag.
If the player is using a true lazy macro (1 button for all) the numbers will be somewhere in the 75-80% range of non-macro users. If you’re breaking up the macro (I’d suggest this) and managing cooldowns separately (not having pvp skills, md, etc in the main macro as well), you can easily push 93-97% of non-macro using dps (would be 100% because the spells will fire off at correct times, but you’re likely to have more focus than you need at times).

Short answer: yes. Long answer: depends completely on if WoD allows scripts and how much of that works for us.

Again, depends on which “this one” you’re referring to, and if WoD allows scripts.

That’s comparing apples to oranges. If you’re talking about from a dps standpoint, we can look at MoP to guess how they’ll do in WoD… To be on the safe side… Assume that warlocks, mages, and priests will be slightly above us… but at the cost of movement.

Way to early to tell which will have highest dps parse ability… Remember though, highest parse spec != highest dps macro spec. I hate to say it again, but… it all depends on WoD’s use of scripts in macros as to how well the macros will perform. Though as a typical rule… The spec with the least spells will perform the best in a macro.

Typically right behind lock and well-played ww monks, but with much less complicated rotation and the ability to run around like a champ.

Probably because, like everyone else who makes these macros, he’s not sure of the state of macros going into WoD. The next few weeks should clear all that up.

Not really a question, but… There are pros and cons to both classes… If you like soloing things and having high survivability with a forgiving rotation, go hunter. Like running around while dps’ing, hunter. Your raid needs a buff that no other class can bring, hunter. If you like having a pet with you to bite things, hunter…
If you think you may enjoy healing, at all, go priest… Even being able to heal 5man dungeons will garner much quicker queues and allow you to fill pick up spots when a group needs a healer. Spriest can be very fun, they burst well and are fun for pvp, but require more monitoring than a hunter.

I’m either going to play a Shadow Priest or a Hunter, I would love some advice. I want to do very high DPS but I plan on using the class/spec that will be macro’d the easiest.
Not really a question, but… There are pros and cons to both classes… If you like soloing things and having high survivability with a forgiving rotation, go hunter. Like running around while dps’ing, hunter. Your raid needs a buff that no other class can bring, hunter. If you like having a pet with you to bite things, hunter… If you think you may enjoy healing, at all, go priest… Even being able to heal 5man dungeons will garner much quicker queues and allow you to fill pick up spots when a group needs a healer. Spriest can be very fun, they burst well and are fun for pvp, but require more monitoring than a hunter.

so go Hunter lol

[quote quote=15583]If you’re breaking up the macro (I’d suggest this) and managing cooldowns separately (not having pvp skills, md, etc in the main macro as well), you can easily push 93-97% of non-macro using dps (would be 100% because the spells will fire off at correct times, but you’re likely to have more focus than you need at times).

To be on the safe side… Assume that warlocks, mages, and priests will be slightly above us… but at the cost of movement.[/quote]

Wow, thanks a lot for the feedback.

So with a proper set of macro’s we would do about 97%… in other words, if executing an optimal rotation meant 50k DPS, with the macro I would do about 48500 DPS?

That sounds decent…

I like that a lot. Does that account for the Shadow Priest Macro from Ozzy Mozzy as well?

Do Shadow Priests lend themselves well to DPS macros when comparing them to Hunters?

Also, should I really assume that Shadow Priests will be slightly ahead of Hunters in WoD? Why so?

Well patch 6.02 has hit the public test realms. Has anyone been able to test any macros in the PTR yet?

looks like Scripts are disabled on PTR

Scripts are still disabled.

6.0.2.18865 Scripts are still disabled

6.0.2.18898 Scripts are still disabled

6.0.2.18918 still no change scripts are still disabled

6.0.2.18922 still no change scripts are still disabled