Brewmaster in 5.4

I tried to use a macro in the Brewmaster – 5.1 thread that RevGaming posted but I am having some issues:

[quote quote=5112]ok here’s my Brewmaster macros. (Super Duper Macro)

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,5,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Keg Smash
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Guard
/cast Expel Harm
/cast Elusive Brew
/use 13
/use 14
[/quote]
… it appears to be getting hung up.

At first I would run out of Chi and have to spam Jab to build it back up. It worked for a little bit but now it is not working at all (maybe 10 minutes after I started using it). When I look at it in Toolkit the “2” in the castsequence is white - which I take to mean something is wrong but I am not sure what. Nothing else is white.

I removed Lifeblood and 14 from the macro as I don;t have an on-use trinket or herbalism. Here is a cut/paste of what I have exactly:

#showtooltip Jab
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,4,5,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,4,Keg Smash
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,Guard
/cast Expel Harm
/cast Elusive Brew
/use 13

Any help? Or is there maybe a better place to start in 5.4?

So, messed around with your macro on a target dummy for a while. I couldn’t seem to get it to work with your sequencing so I changed it to the leading zero technique and it worked fine. It should have worked, I see no reason why it didn’t, but alas, it didn’t. You also don’t need a number in every /castsequence so I shaved 10 characters off your macro as well.

Here are my thoughts on your macro. First of all, it does not keep 100% uptime on Shuffle. That may not matter much in dungeons/lfrs/world bosses, but it’s a pretty big deal for monk tanks. Second, Guard doesn’t need its own castsequence priority. It’s off the global cooldown so it can be used just like Elusive Brew/trinks.

After playing with it for a while, this is what I came up with:

#showtooltip Keg Smash
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Expel Harm
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 Keg Smash
/use [combat]Elusive Brew
/use [combat]Guard
/use [combat]14

I originally had Jab and Blackout Kick swapped, but Shuffle was never getting anywhere close to falling off. I swapped their positions and it worked better. Occasionally BK isn’t used until there is about 2-3 seconds left on Shuffle and occasionally you’ll have close to 18 seconds of Shuffle, but it never came off. If you have a problem keeping Shuffle uptime, you may want to swap BK and Jab again.

The issues I have with my version are fairly straight forward. KS doesn’t always get used on CD. There seem to be stretches where it is off CD for 3-5 seconds (very occasionally even longer than that) before being used. It didn’t matter where I moved it in the sequence, I had varying degrees of this problem but where it is in the sequence is the only place you can put it so that it used it immediately the first time you press the macro, which is how you want to open your pulls. Also, Elusive Brew gets used as soon as it has any charges, regardless of how many charges. During a lot of boss fights this can be a huge waste of one of your better CDs. Personally I’m going to take both it and Guard out of the macro so I can better control when I want to use them. I also use Chi Wave but unfortunately I couldn’t get it to work at all in the macro, regardless of how I tried to work it in. If anyone has any ideas about that, I’d love some feedback. In fact, any feedback on the macro in general is welcome.

I’ll try to run some LFRs and see how well the macro does “in action” but overall it seems to work fairly well on a dummy.

[quote quote=11572]I tried to use a macro in the Brewmaster – 5.1 thread that RevGaming posted but I am having some issues:

<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title">RevGaming wrote:</div> ok here’s my Brewmaster macros. (Super Duper Macro)

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,5,Jab<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Keg Smash<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Blackout Kick<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Tiger Palm<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Guard<br>
/cast Expel Harm<br>
/cast Elusive Brew<br>
/use 13<br>
/use 14

… it appears to be getting hung up.

At first I would run out of Chi and have to spam Jab to build it back up. It worked for a little bit but now it is not working at all (maybe 10 minutes after I started using it). When I look at it in Toolkit the “2″ in the castsequence is white – which I take to mean something is wrong but I am not sure what. Nothing else is white.

I removed Lifeblood and 14 from the macro as I don;t have an on-use trinket or herbalism. Here is a cut/paste of what I have exactly:

#showtooltip Jab
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,4,5,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,4,Keg Smash
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,3,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,Guard
/cast Expel Harm
/cast Elusive Brew
/use 13

Any help? Or is there maybe a better place to start in 5.4?
[/quote]

yea i posted that a while back without fully understanding the 0 teq, (hi, RevGaming here) i mean it worked for the most part then with my latency etc but i admit it was lacking to say the least, sorry about that, the new macros yall have made look good, thinking about adding chi brew if and when i go back Brewy atm WW/MW…keep it up, again they look decent.