Can Seal Twisting be done in GSE for TBC Ret Paladin?

I thought I would give seal twisting a go with the Ret Paladin in TBC by using GSE, and with my knowledge and understanding of the addon I cant get it to work.

I have used

/castsequence [combat] reset=combat Seal of Command, Attack, Seal of Righteousness, Judgement, Crusader Strike

-And-

/castsequence [combat] reset=combat Seal of Command, !Attack, Seal of Righteousness, Judgement, Crusader Strike

My thinking -

It casts Seal of Command, then auto attacks then casts Seal of Righteousness before the white damage lands causing the Seal Twist effect to happen on the target. The Judgement and Crusader Strike are in there to make sure they don’t interrupt the twist mechanic, but at the same time are used.

Can auto attack action be macroed into a sequence?

I use the following in all my GSE macros for auto attack in the Key press section

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack

But i feel like for this to work i cant use that :thinking:

Auto attacks can’t be macroed in a castsequence. You need to use pauses for this and ordinary /cast lines

1 Like

I looked at this too for Ret

Near enough impossible for GSE to handle this as you have to cast the twist seal like 0.1 sec before the melee attack swing starts, so when it hits both seals are up

doing it with GSE means it will be completely random on the swing timer

Best thing to do is get a swing timer addon, run your GSE macro for normal damage and have your twist seal on a different button, and when you are about to swing click the twist seal and BAM should work

Regards

1 Like

Thanks TimothyLuke. could you show me an example please?

Ahh that’s a good shout! I see TimothyLuke has replied and I know he’s very knowledgeable with this, so I’m going to just wait and see what he means by using “pauses” then move onto your suggestion <3

Take a look at this post

Regards

That is literally the worst possible example of how to use pauses there is.

On my Pally I use something similar to the following which could be adapted.z

PreMacro
/cast avengers shield
/click pause 2

Sequence
/cast seal of the crusader
/click pause 0.8
/cast judgement
/click pause GCD
/cast seal of the righteous
/click pause 10

Keypress
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack

By manipulating the pauses I can time stuff to keep in sync with the swing timer. Note that the pauses are in seconds so 10 = 10 seconds on the last line

1 Like

love it, will have to try and work this into my macro for ret see how it goes

/click pause GCD (Guessing GCD is 1.5 so set that in variable or just use /click pause 1.5) don’t have any haste gear yet

Regards

~~GCD~~ is an inbuilt variable that you can just use out of the box.

Thanks guys :purple_heart: I understand how I can get it working now! Really appreciate your time

If you figure it out, please post :slight_smile:

Could you please post your macro ?