Can Traps be macroed in?

Just wondering if there is a way to put in a macro a way to use the tar trap at the start? I tried /cast [@target] Tar Trap but it failed to pop.

Is there a way or am I stuck popping it manually? The reason is I am very forgetful and never remember to pop it and it would be a good thing to use.

I don’t know why people add this in as there is no such thing as @target.

The only reticle conditionals that can be used are @player and @cursor. That’s it.

I’m not a pro at this so I look at other macros and see how they work and found this in the hunter macros so I figured it would work.

/petattack [@target,harm]

I guess it only works on petattack and nothing else.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I will just use @player and be sure to be standing near enough to the targets.

[quote quote=58076]I don’t know why people add this in as there is no such thing as @target.
The only reticle conditionals that can be used are @player and @cursor. That’s it.[/quote]
you can also do @focus

[quote quote=58076]I don’t know why people add this in as there is no such thing as @target.
The only reticle conditionals that can be used are @player and @cursor. That’s it.[/quote]
you can also do @focus

[quote quote=58074]Just wondering if there is a way to put in a macro a way to use the tar trap at the start? I tried /cast [@target] Tar Trap but it failed to pop.
Is there a way or am I stuck popping it manually? The reason is I am very forgetful and never remember to pop it and it would be a good thing to use.[/quote]

You can macro traps either to cast at yourself @player, at your mouse cursor @cursor, and technically you can do it at a focus target using @focus, but that would require you to set a target as a focus target. it is just easier to use a mod key like alt and have it throw a trap @cursor which I have done successfully for the Survival hunter mage tower challenge.

Erm, no you cannot use @focus to place any reticle / placement spell

Be it Traps, Earthquake, Death and Decay etc.
They will only be placed automatically by @cursor or by @player.

There would be a lot better Elemental, Unholy/Blood macros using @focus if that were the case.

I believe the @targettarget could be used :slight_smile:

I believe i can fly, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that @targettarget cannot be used to place placement spells!

ahh ok just so it in the healing macros :slight_smile: so I thought maybe it could be used in this way to, always nice to be learning :slight_smile:

Spells which require a target can make use of @focus and @targettarget etc but spells which require to be placed on the ground, such as Healing Rain for Shamans cannot, they require the macro to be paused to manually place it or to use @player or @cursor

These are what I use under keypress window,
/cast [mod:shift, @cursor] Binding Shot
/cast [mod:shift, @cursor] Tar Trap

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix
/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend
/cast [mod:shift, @cursor] Binding Shot
/cast [mod:shift, @cursor] Tar Trap
/cast [mod:alt, @cursor] Freezing Trap