CASTSEQUENCE - first spell in sequence casting twice or thrice, then next spell

Hey fellas, I was hoping somebody here could tell me why this macro is sometimes not functioning properly. To start off, I play a warlock in the Burning Crusade Classic.

STEP FUNCTION: Sequential (1, 2, 3, 4)

KEYPRESS

/targetenemy [noexists][dead]
/targetenemyplayer [noharm][dead]
/petattack [target=mana tide totem]
/petattack [target=Earthbind Totem
/petattack [target=grounding totem]
/petattack [target=windfury totem]
/petattack [target=tremor totem]
/petattack [nomod,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [nomod]

SEQUENCE

#showtooltip
/castsequence [nomod,harm,nodead] [nomod] reset=combat Corruption, Curse of Agony, Siphon Life
/cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [mod:shift] Curse of Exhaustion
/cast [mod:alt] Amplify Curse

KEY RELEASE

/use path of illidan

I bound the above GSE macro to mouse scroll down. The idea is I want to hover my cursor over or target units and cast the sequence of DOTS shown above, every time I scroll my mouse wheel down.

So it will be like this: Press TAB to target a unit, scroll mouse while down (cast Corruption), scroll mouse while down (cast CoA), scroll mouse while down (cast Siphon Life), press TAB to next target, rinse/repeat

However, once in a while the macro would double-cast Corruption (the first spell in the castsequence) two or three times before moving on to the second spell in the sequence which is a waste of mana and GCD. I do not know why this is happening or what triggers it. I would appreciate any help from you. :smiley:

Castsequence is broken (has been broken since BFA and as a result is broken in both Classic and BCClassic the same way) it will do whatever it chooses to do.

1 Like

Oh so a new version of /castrandom! :slight_smile:

I wish it was as predictable as /castrandom. For some people it works like clockwork. For others its totally random. FOr some its in between.