Checking your actual DPS output compared to your Simulated DPS--PLEASE READ

I felt the need to make a seperate thread regaurding this issue since I have explained it 3 or four seperate times in my macro’s thread but still have numerous people concearned because they believe they are falling short on their DPS output in game because they are simming way higher than they can reproduce at a target dummy.

If you are using raidbots to sim your toon’s dps, THEN YOU CANNOT TEST YOUR ACTUAL DPS IN GAME AT A TARGET DUMMY. The default script for raidbots is a Stitches Boss script and they do not have an option for a Target Dummy script. The only sim I know of that does provide a Target Dummy script for sure is Ask Mr Robot. The reason that this is critical to realize is that EVERYONE no matter who you are, will get significantly lower dps results on a target dummy than they will on an actual boss fight no matter how good your gear is. I, myself can only pull 3.2-3.5k dps in game on a raid dummy, but when I go to a Heroic Garothi Worldbreaker fight, I always pull at least 4.2k dps. One of the reasons for this is the talent that makes KC do more damage to targets under 30%health will not show up on a target dummy because it will not ever drop that low on health, and if you use animal companion, that wont help you out much either because its much weaker of a talent and also the extra pet will get calculated seperately by default(at least thats how it was for me with Skada) so youll have to add the secondary pet’s total dps to your total.

If you truly want to see a broken down view of your performance and be told exactly what your biggest mistakes are and what you can do to improve your performance, I’d recommend the addon"loggerhead" and then go to warcraft logs and download their client(which is their log file uploader), go to your game menu and in the network settings, enable “advanced logging” then go do some Heroic raiding and make sure to enable loggerhead when the window pops up as soon as you enter a raid instance. after you finish raiding go upload your new log file to warcraftlogs.com then click “show report” when its finished uploading. One your at the main page of your report copy the entire web address that’s currently showing in the address bar then goto wowanalyzer and paste that into the bar on that website and TADA you will see exactly what all you did right and exactly what you did wrong. Hope this helps some people out.

i bet pulling your hair out man, your macros great

OMFG you have no idea. after about the fourth post about my macro with someone saying " omg i sim for 4500 but only do 3300 on dummy…your macro’s shit!!!" thats about the time i was just ready to throw my hands up and say screw it all, lmao

I don’t even bother with sims. I first test mine on dummies and targets, and then go find a World Boss to kill.

The only times I used the dummies was to compare my DPS of other macros to give me an idea how they perform and which one had the higher DPS output.

Also, checkmywow is a great site and class specific, too.

What is Check My Wow?
A site made for World of Warcraft players who want to improve by tracking their performance across raid encounters, based on key metrics for their spec.

I believe 90% of people on here will go or have gone to warcraftlogs (remember, green blue, and purple %'s good) look at it and give a deer in the headlights look (some on here can’t even figure out how to delete a line in a macro or even keep their add-ons updated).

Simming is important because you can sim different pieces of gear to get the most out of your DPS/HPS.

[quote quote=62578]Also, checkmywow is a great site and class specific, too.
What is Check My Wow? A site made for World of Warcraft players who want to improve by tracking their performance across raid encounters, based on key metrics for their spec.
I believe 90% of people on here will go or have gone to warcraftlogs (remember, green blue, and purple %’s good) look at it and give a deer in the headlights look (some on here can’t even figure out how to delete a line in a macro or even keep their add-ons updated).[/quote]
I’ll have to check that site out. I’ve always used target dummies while I’m fine tuning my macros, but I also used Ask Mr Robot to sim my dps because they actually offer a Target Dummy boss script and as far as accuracy goes, they were always dead on when I compared my actual numbers in-game to their simmed numbers.(Dont know evactly if thats still the case after pre-patch though)

Also wowanalyzer.com lets you upload your logs from warcraftlogs directly in and then tells you every single thing you need to do to optimize your dps

[quote quote=62580]

Also, checkmywow is a great site and class specific, too. What is Check My Wow? A site made for World of Warcraft players who want to improve by tracking their performance across raid encounters, based on key metrics for their spec. I believe 90% of people on here will go or have gone to warcraftlogs (remember, green blue, and purple %’s good) look at it and give a deer in the headlights look (some on here can’t even figure out how to delete a line in a macro or even keep their add-ons updated).

I’ll have to check that site out. I’ve always used target dummies while I’m fine tuning my macros, but I also used Ask Mr Robot to sim my dps because they actually offer a Target Dummy boss script and as far as accuracy goes, they were always dead on when I compared my actual numbers in-game to their simmed numbers.(Dont know evactly if thats still the case after pre-patch though) Also wowanalyzer.com lets you upload your logs from warcraftlogs directly in and then tells you every single thing you need to do to optimize your dps[/quote]

Ooh! Yeah, forgot about wowanalyzer. That’s a good site too.

Funny I am able to do that by doing dailies.

[quote quote=62578]Also, checkmywow is a great site and class specific, too.
What is Check My Wow? A site made for World of Warcraft players who want to improve by tracking their performance across raid encounters, based on key metrics for their spec.
I believe 90% of people on here will go or have gone to warcraftlogs (remember, green blue, and purple %’s good) look at it and give a deer in the headlights look (some on here can’t even figure out how to delete a line in a macro or even keep their add-ons updated).[/quote]

Bad news brother, soon as i logged into site I was met with the following announcement ’

Check My Wow is no longer supported, and new fights cannot be processed. Please click here for the full announcement.

[quote quote=62588]

Also, checkmywow is a great site and class specific, too. What is Check My Wow? A site made for World of Warcraft players who want to improve by tracking their performance across raid encounters, based on key metrics for their spec. I believe 90% of people on here will go or have gone to warcraftlogs (remember, green blue, and purple %’s good) look at it and give a deer in the headlights look (some on here can’t even figure out how to delete a line in a macro or even keep their add-ons updated).

Bad news brother, soon as i logged into site I was met with the following announcement ‘ Check My Wow is no longer supported, and new fights cannot be processed. Please click here for the full announcement. [/quote]

Well, crap!

all good, from the looks of it, it was the exact same thing as wowanalyzer.

bumping the post. If thats frowned upon here let me know and I’ll try to behave better :wink: