Classic BM Beginner

Actually the Grow control is one I originally wrote years ago even before the old Lazyman plugin for the old macro bank addon. It is no longer needed on live so much in BfA since Blizzard stared automactily turn off grow when in dungons and raids. So do try using it in 'Live" as in BfA beta it actually would turn it back on.

Lutech, the autoshot thing is new problem with classic, vanilla private servers didn’t have it.

Kneazle, i couldn’t find the post where you said shift modifiers wont work, but i tested and they do, at least thru GSE. I have these lines in my macro and they work a charm.

/Cast [mod:alt] Wing Clip
/Cast [mod:Shift] Hunter’s Mark
/Cast [mod:Ctrl] Multi-Shot

I have also gotten the “Only works on Bliazzard UI” message, but not from that.

you macro works great btw, glad you found a way to keep it from spaming serpent sting, that was driving me nuts.
back in vanilla ps this would work
/cast (if not stung) serpent sting really missing our fancy macros, new ones are good tho.

you will want to change the line /startattack to

/cast auto shot

in classic /startattack starts the melee attack only.
put it in the pre macro part or it screws with timing. or you could take it out all together (unless you want melee to start)

I never said modifiers don’t work, it is I just do not use them. The only time Modifiers make any sense, is when using AHK. If you manually Spamming you macro, and have to hit a 2nd key anyway to get the modifier to work: Why not just hit the key assigned to that skill, directly.

As for the classic /startattack and /auto shot situation. I have been trying something a bit different for the last day or two, but haven’t posted yet as I am still testing it. I have added /cast Auto shot to the pre-macro, along with /cast Hunter’s Mark, without a loop limit set. That way they both only fire off once before the macro resets out of combat.

I also Tried this with /startattack both with it remaining in, and removed from the macro.
It appears to work very well leaving it in, as it will start up your basic auto melee attack when the mob, runs into melee range, as long as you are not current spamming the macro.

Because auto shot, is about 1/2 your damage, and the fact you need to save mana to keep your pet up: You should not assign Classic shot rotation macros to an AHK; Nor do just keep spamming it. You need to take breaks as needed to allow a few Auto-Shots, and mana regen. At least not at the lower levels.

i used your pet feed and it feeds me! Im new to this can u help?

#showtooltip Feed Pet
/cast Feed Pet
/use 0 1

First make sure you completely copied the the macro. If you left out the /cast feed pet" it will not work, and feed you instead. Make sure you got the spacing right in the “/use” part of the macro. It should be “/use 0space1.” Then you need to make sure you have the food in the right bag space. From left to right it should be in the first bag space of the backpack. Then make sure you are using the right type of food for your type of pet. Example: boars will eat just about everything, but cats will only eat meat or fish. Lastly make sure your pet is in range when you feed it. It is best if it is right next to you.

1 Like

Here are my 2 final Below 20 macros:

Both the range and Melee will automatically switch back and forth between Aspect of the Hawk, and Aspect of the Monkey. I also fixed the auto shot issue with the range macro.

I will post my beginning above 20 within the next day or so.

Below 20 Range:

da0pcaqiLQmlPIFjWWKIoMkltP8mimnq6Aq02akFtOkJtQY5asVtsu3tOsdusYbLKAHG6HkOjkP0fbHnkj4JcfnsHkoPuPxkPQzcIUPuYovYpfQQHkv1sbINsAQqARsI8vjHERcCxLk7L6VsQmyOoSQwSsv9yfnzK0LfTzGQpJeJwOWPf0RLsnBf62cLSBc)MOHlKJlPy5aEUeth11rQTlf8DHsDEPq7hX(mQxNvyiGm(vSUTM1PDxXesi8AZOwr)XuWfRdHSAv7o0ATj4p9i71zvJYz3A9cH1QP5yibScrSdfuQc(bKnyT1pbKvkbkHsrXOEDg1RZAW8lCjRHofZKGjyGSKCCVMembFiqISzhcg5DG1HGpOB9oRdLXA)NnS14KpvdBDLZ2g2kCoYg2kiHckNHTIcekAN8zyR1NncsoMFjnQzRGekOSzyR1Nn2hilfJ61zny(fMGhiKrj3riPMp1De8WFCKG7NmbFvMGhuvuYDOMp1DemO928AZAquYpnlNFHLGdobpGcGKoAhbFqb9aZlewdIs(Pz58lSuqWdeskas6ODe8bf0dmVGAnik5N5F2MG9cP1G5xycEV4H0SvuGqr7K3mSvLZOkqlMCOuyvZAOtbh(Jw7dKT(jG0OEDwdMFHj49oOiUEETzny(fMGVdrtZw7llCRFcinQxN1G5xyc(GI46z2SzRTEb9p2vWjqdPGdLcdB2Sna
BELOW_20_SINGLE
Talents CLASSIC

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.17.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: Hunter’s Mark, Aspect of the Hawk

KeyPress: Revive Pet, Auto Shot, Growl

Main Sequence: Serpent Sting, Concussive Shot, Arcane Shot, Blizzard

Post Macro: Aspect of the Hawk

Below 20 Melee:

Be careful with this one you can run out of mana if you spam it too much

d0JgcaWsvbVvO61i4WQmtvr)vOy2IYJLYnHIFrHVjO6UIWoLQ9s2nv2Vc)ua1WeO8BKgOq0qfrdwIHtPoOq46u0XOQJlawOQAPQswSqYYv0dfPEkQLHONlPjkKAQqmzOY0bxeHMMO6Yk9obQ2iKuBvaAZQsTDHsFvazwcsFgQ67cIgPGW2ejJwG0Tvf6KqINbLonLCEbLdbj5CqQXjqS8crDV4pXNboqXqgSyWq8jrIQtkeXix26GQ40pJGzuslo699zMbQ7fhHjeu6umXqA5Wh5)M0yfZ2BdLOvhRymxBsd4oRwuxviQ7fI6EXgv4G5bW1iOoPyJ2vHrXNtMYRowXgTRcJcj6WZvpxSr7QWOqIo8CXjPvaZ1MuHiqCi2dN(I7BJG(I)BgOV4xwo8E9fNM(yuhOV4h2Wso3AviQ7fB0UkmkXDu7fc1rXThUeJs6llBusUWO4d(Oeps7fcf3E4smkOdcP6KInSx4mbA7Qa997rjo(j10oXO4Zr7tPowXg2lCMaTDvG6gL4ok(j10oXO4Zr7tPEUyd7foaUgHrrG4h2WETz7vxHiqmdRnQnDnWI6eZBamxhyDzIFz5WtQVyKPLJWcK6lo5CXCTjviQ7fB0UkmkOYJ1NcRaXitlhHf86lqGymNZ8YqXb7m21bwuNIsGaja
BELOW_20_MELEE
Talents CLASSIC

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.17.

Macro Version 1

Pre Macro: Aspect of the Monkey

KeyPress: Growl, Revive Pet

Main Sequence: Wing Clip, Raptor Strike

Here is my pet return macro. It will return your pet to you side, and stopping it from running after, and attacking random mobs. It and the following pet attack with grow control, as well as keeping your pet on passive, will help keep you from being kicked from groups, for not controlling your pet

PetReturn

#showtooltip
/petstay
/pet follow

Pet Attack with Grow control:

#showtooltip Hunter’s Mark
/cast Hunter’s Mark
/petattack
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] growl
/petautocastoff [nogroup] Cower
/petautocaston [group] Cower

Here is my feed pet macro, It will feed your pet whatever food you have in your backpack’s first slot. So be sure to keep the right food for the type of pet, you are currently using, in that slot.

#showtooltip Feed Pet
/cast Feed Pet
/use 0 1

Pet Care:

#showtooltip
/cast [target=pet, dead] revive pet
/cast mend pet

Here is a new macro that I made to fast heal my pet when it is low on heath or you are low on mana. It actually is also faster then the cast time of mend pet. However because of its ling cool down time, you most likely only going to be able to use it once per battle. To use it you will need to keep your bandage in the number 2 slot(from left to right) of your backpack.

bandaidpet
.#showtooltip
/use [target=pet, help]0 2

For pet feed I use Fizzwidget Feed-O-Matic. It has not worked for years. With classic it works again. It’s on Wowinterface. (warning: Fizzwidget is not maintaining it and I don’t think he has played for years).

He up date on his site for 8.0 last year. He stopped posting on WoWinterface, and curse years ago. Gazmik Fizzwidget's » Blog Archive » Feed-O-Matic 8.0

is there a way to incorperate ranged and melee in one rotation?

or should u just run both? and what MS to run at for optimal?

You can’t combine them, as it will mess up Auto-Shot and auto attack, both of which are very important tp our damage, and mana regen.

I was going to wait a bit before posting this, but I received several request for an update. These are my current basic macros, These are designed for solo and in a group with a tank. I use alternative versions of these with the grow controls edited out, for when in small groups without a tank. Once I get Aim Shot I will update again

For range I Normally I do not like to use modifiers, but for right now they are unavoidable. As for multi-shot it uses a lot of mana, and can agro mobs you may not want to when dealing with single target. By putting it in a modifier it gives you a lot more control on its use.

Level 20 Range

Key press:
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet; [@pet,dead] Revive Pet
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/petattack
/cast !Auto Shot
/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot

Pre macro with no loop set:
/cast !Aspect of the Hawk
/cast Hunter’s Mark

Main sequence:
/cast Serpent Sting
/cast Concussive Shot
/cast Arcane Shot

d4ZtcaqyLEPukVLIABaYFLkzMkkpMQMTQYHKkCtf4xG8nkWPfYofSxYULy)s6UuOHjvLFtPbkvvdfGgSOgUuCqPIUSkhdY5aWcHYsbulwkHLRkpuvLNIAzGADuqnrPsnvOAYaz6ixuHmnf5zuX7uu1gPGSvfv2SQQ2UuL(OuIMLufFMI8DQuAKuPyCa1OPsLRluNuH65ICnQKZlLQBlL0XPsvVwbTqcxbK4zJMB0SUG7RlECOLZgPaSWfJVFxHsI)nRtMh)tC33)n(JuajUZyYD2N4rUnQyQFS9z7vm3C(XDRGJ4bR)zN7EPiBjjCfqcxbKyi)MOAg54YvFkalgYVjQMDHqaPGJyi)MOAgnbdgwm(lQm8iKWe7MBbjmXHZpuyIXUpsyIboQycjmXaAt0G1)ScxbKyi)MOAgn5GalsmWrftWctCBx7aFF3MoHlsmtxJHIlEkYweZN7JVcfTFIB7AhW3LscxbKyi)MOA2CX2CupflOBbzSMbd2z(A2C)nh1dOBbzSMbamScWIHAoAJjRFtK9))A2SPNnUXynJMaazGcoIHAoAJjRFtKTuZMlwtpBCJXAgnbaYafMed1C0s06hwZk4smKFtun3HbUuaiXq(nr1S5wTGmSNEFgRzyGMCejg)fvgEeSWed47gS(Nv4kGed53evZDGMCqGvawmKFtunJMCGDej(NT1wSKWejs8GTeVFJl0969kuKTimrIKaa

As for melee be aware that GSE will skip over both Raptor Strike and Mongoose Bite until they proc. And when they proc, if you do not have enough mana for them they will not fire off. So use care in spamming it. Note: I removed the Grow control in the melee macro. As I feel that if I am forced into melee by the lack of a good tank, I want my pet to pull agro

Level 20 Melee

Key press:
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet; [@pet,dead] Revive Pet
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/petattack

Pre macro with no loop set:
/cast !Aspect of the Monkey

Main sequence:
/start attack
/cast Mongoose Bite
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Wing Clip

d8dacaqyf)LIQxsj1UOu8AqAAGyMuPElLOzlWPvPBcQ(LsCBkHXrv1ovQ9I2nH9tHFsrYWOi8BHgivudvj1GjQHRkoiLQ2gvOJjLJtr0cbSuQKftvSCj9qQspfAza9CPAIurMQQAYQOPt6Ic6XsCzrVtvkBKiXwvLSzkv2ovWhjsAwuk9zLKVtKQrsrXZiIrtrQRdkNuf6CQGRrKY5PQCxkjhIIsFtvQMn(5Ur0D4Rq3MdAcZHh6omKBq(j(NGuODIEDBpIh9s0EyQPJvIHs)kw5mWuJoq0voNMse4JEicFeWMGJcnRoKc9gfeGOtPDdSaL7grPIHVYA)gfebTbInn)eXNSC0jULqmuyxSwsVrlEgD8CdUQp6Hi8PuJVYA)gfD(5UXp3nIlDD06O6uGYniXLY0vd5geqhb5wcXLY0vd5gKdsJBiexktxnKbp8oeIRJDf(uQr(Ps0m5CsaI7SaLaebYaLaeDDfRAeGO3OfEgLaernFKcmrrVrbrmnjSuO3jGO1Ppxzqo9KFQeTo9TUM9o)C3iUuMUAiBPi(KQTI4zoNwzi73VK3mKT05NuT9mNtRmKp4hKBqIlpPoQofOgYuj(Rxb0ubjarxxXkqcqCDnHpLAKFUBexktxnKnBtsZrjuj(Rxb0uBeGkvQujb

1 Like

What MS are you running the lvl 20 single at? For me it seems to catch and not fire off as good as your bellow 20 single. It seems auto shot gets hung up on the lvl 20 single macro but fires off just fine at the lvl 20 below macro. I have been using 30 MS.

I don’t! Sorry because Hunters are using mana in classic and other issues with classic, you should not be using AHK with GSE. If you use an AHK you will run too low on mana for the majority of your higher level shots, and to keep your pet healed. If you are too low to meet the minimum mana requirement for a shot, combined with cool downs, it can hang up, the macro.

You should only spam it enough for one rotation, then let Auto Shot take over, to regen some mana , and only use it again to keep the debuffs up on your target. At this level, 50% of you damage comes from auto shot. You should be taking advantage of it.

Hunters mark and aspect of the hawk don’t work together also some of your timings just don’t work

Also auto shot sapzzes out you need auto shot in the pre macro tab, put this and it dont spaz out

/castsequence reset=target Hunter’s Mark
/cast !Auto Shot

try this

dCJxcaGEjk9sjjVwQAMkvnBu4MuOFjvUTev7uk7vSBuTFi)vs43uzOaXGbnCkYbvkxM4yuvhhiTqk1sPOwmvPSCsEik6PilJs8COMiL0ubmzjsMUQlkP4QseEMKsxhL2ivPARsuSzjsTDjvFKQeZIQ4Za1HvmsLkpMuJwc3tsQtsboTsUgfuNxs00OG8jQs6qseD8dqA(H2vIgqnMRW8wZl1yTccinlbieWWq4hhI5(nImGziRsPhwgpn)qKjrBG10Qn0g7lCQqu)8YgY4OvUYik8YXXbin)aKMFOo9GpwaLv4AbbrqLGLx9hfy5iicsIYKWpcsFXb7bb3u6Hliiv4UheKPJRzX4vDbbPc39GGBk9WfeKkC3dcUP0dxqqQWDpiithxZIXR6ccsfUhAVZzA)Q81dfIPRCVnp2H2jtPIDOMO7JDiBHXJDiZloy)yhY8Id2sSdvLujikbJdqA(H6WFuF(hDFAwc1zs(8p6(0QnuNEWhbzwmkWsAgkuNEWhbTUQlPz4qD6bFe06GlYdvLuPzHHmyja5HaulEVClXoeio8noALla5HOlM8olx)LJhIeqzf(xdJqGOeJJw5cqA(H60d(ybuwHRfeebvcwE1FuGLJGi4ow(fLxXiOXr1NMLqD6bFeSKBS3HGuH75HaulEVC)yNNhY4WzhggWVOQl8VC8yNNNaHUNTER_RANGED_ST
Talents CLASSIC

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.14.

Macro Version 1

Pre Macro:

KeyPress: Contains various utility functions.

Main Sequence:

Ok thanks to marc-rycroft I realized that I forgot one of the mechanics of GSE. It is not so much that Hunter’s Mark and Aspect of the Hawk don’t work well together; It is that unless you set a loop limit, you can only have one skill in Pre-Macros. As the Pre-Macro will only fire off the first skill in a sequence, and not even recognize the rest until the entire macro resets, when out of combat. At which point it starts all over again, and only fires off the first skill.

Because of this /castsequence reset=target Hunter’s Mark right unless you set a loop limit. As well as adding Auto-Shot to the pre-macro.

The main problem with Hunter’s Mark and Aspect of the Hawk is: In Classic the game’s and GSE’s mechanics make to where they both want to fire off each time you spam the macro, so they have to be in a pre-macro without a loop limit set.

Fortunately I have come up with a work around. I have edited and moved Aspect of the Hawk to the keypress with a Shift modifier(/cast [mod:shift] Aspect of the Hawk) in both my level 20 Range macro As well as my below 20 one. I have also restored my original Main sequence to my Level 20 Range, as it appears to work better.

So be sure to check in game and make sure you have disabled both Shift and Ctri from the default key bindings .

Level 20 Range:

d8Zxcaqyv9xLiVuQO3ckBdeESKMPsP7re1Sb40KYnvQ6xK4BkfptI2Pu2Ry3u1(r65uzyaLXbsduQudLimyedxchuQshIiYXGCoG0cHQLcelwQqlxLEiq1tPSmsADsLmrLGPcLjdOPJ6IkvUorDzfVJuv2OubBvQQ2Sk02LQYhjvvZsj1Njv(oPkgjPknnv0OLQ41kjNufCxq11isNxjQBdI(nHJRe6GcwAOyB31)UTlPc2s2HM(3Uln1Gfd7bmE2fd8T9A2bWJTWC8LbWPHIzft9WcPvgRxzUhXn2o9O511n(Ff9fB)xVI(NRtt4DblnuWsdftP(o2nlkp(6qjuYDCdlzeyucLGkLkfS1uIuecI1uc6ufQAmWfq2XNdEm9opWGhRn1vbpg(aGdEmq086qbpMechV)RxrWsdftP(oMsqNLiOHJbIMxNAWJ15SmidG5DtWchZ4POdY(kRj8XSzr5XZApGyDollXDCUGLgkMs9DmLaZlkgETxaCEGWPeOql1hLaR7IHxdCEGWPeqHQMMAmLIHFzwuFhloEKsGP7kKlGtjOtqrBsRmMsXWVmlQVJfEkbMxO7kKlGtjOtqrBs7mMsXWpZFDfLKM0yk13XuIK2inniIPuFhtjWGuaSRkFbaNsuH4SmTnXuQVJPeyqka2LRhTJmCkbDwIGgog2vZVAy1GhtI7S)RxrWsdftP(oMsqNLQLHJHD18Rggf8WHJT)9YpGdEEU9nEwt4dE4Wja

Below 20 range:

de0qcaqiPenlfYVOsddahd0YiPNPuMMk5Ai02Kk13uPACa5CQuwNucVtks3tkudukvhuQKfcXdvQAIsv5Ia0gLc5Jsr1iLcCsf4LsvAMqk3ubTtL8tPigkGAPaYtPmvOSvPO8vPGElu5Uqv7v8xPQAWOCyvTyivESIMmqDzjBwPYNrWOLs50i61kuZgsUTus7Mu)gvdNkoUurlxfpNQMoX1jX2LQ47qQ68sf2pshyWYcgdbq0Asd7xfG(TbRMJgGzPgSyypQsl(y7rRlZgSpwF1UxbLKfmM5uZb9L1wSUuK24NyaIEsnH2r(dVNyd)5H3S64j5AFWYcgSSGXCNVx8vNkLEwugLDkFjngcaLrzWnIebyeLrec7EeLbVubPgdyUxg(ZdpyzbJ5oFVqzWRniOiXAq9GdsSvnhhKyifkjiXaIutagKy75TIUxcsSERoaQqvVVcwKyarQjOgKy9wDa8P8(GLfmM789cLHtZDkzKMdUEW4PmqG2AkLHRDNsgbUEW4PSBGuZsnMRtjVIWNVx472rz4iC4ko4Pm41n49S2I56uYRi857fUMYWP5eoCfh8ug86g8EwxXCDk5f5NJPSSigZD(EHYA5DIz1Dm357fkdxRCWTW3g5obpLbV2GGIed7qQhxIAqIzs50if9ui56yw1PsPfYhvmGp1WFE4bllym357fkdETPUfjg2HupUeyqIej2WxR8OgOL60tPfsUoirIKa

Cool nice one, please check my macro out it saves using ctrl modifier to cast aspect of the hawk.

dGdJcaGEPc9sPk9AjAMqPMnfCtkv)ssUTur7uk7vSBuTFv(Ruj)MkhwXqPqgSQgok5GkPhtQJjHJJcwiLSukLflPOLtYdrrpfzzufphYePknvOAYsQY0bxuQkxvsPUmX1POnkPKTkvWMLQy7krFKcvZcL6ZqX3LuPrQeEgk0OPQUNuvDsOKtRuxtsHZlvQPrHYHKuXNKuvNIGNwrOf1UH3NTUST2mEFE7IWtZtWdHpgeoGcXe7vIWIziVspJPbiTIqRMGVtfIkhOJHiwIglVPXyi7Jw56GOqBhhf80kcEAfHQ0dcqcdMcxl3FVsqc0pmkmcC)9RiwIgU31Z9GVC)IPULSVNeflHd3tWMJH99Rk9WL7jFhW(EMoU2eH2lL7jFhW((vLE4Y9KVdyF)QspC5EY3bSVNPJRnrO9s5EY3bHW25yH9UZnekeUAZlfOiwHwit9IvOMOlJvilXaeRq22CmfXkuVs32edYGKGhiuVs3gPeek4PveQcbJcgagDzAEcvXsGbGrxMgJHQ0dcUNP)OWiPzSqv6bb37DVusRgHQ0dcU37G8deY2MJXtScHR28sb8eRqg5qG9rRCbpqicew1YKRHTJhIegmfoShdHmsj2hTYf80kcvPheGegmfUwU)ELGeOFyuye4(7xyYbrvF092hvzAEcvPheCFDwnb39KVdsJXqv6bb3BjkKOk3CmbcX01znhiwbceY(WnhdyXbrTu4W2XJvGajaHUNTER_RANGED_ST
Talents CLASSIC

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.14.

Macro Version 1

Pre Macro:

KeyPress: Contains various utility functions.

Main Sequence:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the feed back

#showtooltip Feed Pet
/cast Feed Pet
/use (insert name of pet food here)

works great for me (only need a lil bit of setup to work)

So I spam your macro on one button. How do I edit your macro in order to stop from auto targeting the next mob behind the one I’ve just finished killing?