Classic BM Beginner

EDIT: Ok thanks to marc-rycroft I realized that I forgot one of the mechanics of GSE. It is not so much that Hunter’s Mark and Aspect of the Hawk don’t work well together; It is that unless you set a loop limit, you can only have one skill in Pre-Macros. As the Pre-Macro will only fire off the first skill in a sequence, and not even recognize the rest until the entire macro resets, when out of combat. At which point it starts all over again, and only fires off the first skill.

Because of this /castsequence reset=target Hunter’s Mark right unless you set a loop limit. As well as adding Auto-Shot to the pre-macro.

The main problem with Hunter’s Mark and Aspect of the Hawk is: In Classic the game’s and GSE’s mechanics make to where they both want to fire off each time spam the macro, so they have to be in a pre-macro without a loop limit set.

Fortunately I have come up with a work around. I have edited and moved Aspect of the Hawk to the keypress with a Shift modifier(/cast [mod:shift] Aspect of the Hawk) in both my level 20 Range macro As well as my below 20 one. I have also restored my original Main sequence to my Level 20 Range, as it appears to work better.

So be sure to check in game and made sure you have disabled both Shift and Ctri from the default key bindings.

I was going to wait a bit before posting this, but I received several request for an update. These are my current basic macros, These are designed for solo and in a group with a tank. I use alternative versions of these with the grow controls edited out, for when in small groups without a tank. Once I get Aim Shot I will update again

For range I Normally I do not like to use modifiers, but for right now they are unavoidable. As for multi-shot it uses a lot of mana, and can agro mobs you may not want to when dealing with single target. By putting it in a modifier it gives you a lot more control on its use.

Level 20 Range

Key press:
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet; [@pet,dead] Revive Pet
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/petattack
/cast !Auto Shot
/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot
/cast [mod:shift] Aspect of the Hawk

Pre macro with no loop set:
/cast Hunter’s Mark

Main sequence:
/castsequence reset=10 Serpent Sting, Concussive Shot, Arcane Shot

d8Zxcaqyv9xLiVuQO3ckBdeESKMPsP7re1Sb40KYnvQ6xK4BkfptI2Pu2Ry3u1(r65uzyaLXbsduQudLimyedxchuQshIiYXGCoG0cHQLcelwQqlxLEiq1tPSmsADsLmrLGPcLjdOPJ6IkvUorDzfVJuv2OubBvQQ2Sk02LQYhjvvZsj1Njv(oPkgjPknnv0OLQ41kjNufCxq11isNxjQBdI(nHJRe6GcwAOyB31)UTlPc2s2HM(3Uln1Gfd7bmE2fd8T9A2bWJTWC8LbWPHIzft9WcPvgRxzUhXn2o9O511n(Ff9fB)xVI(NRtt4DblnuWsdftP(o2nlkp(6qjuYDCdlzeyucLGkLkfS1uIuecI1uc6ufQAmWfq2XNdEm9opWGhRn1vbpg(aGdEmq086qbpMechV)RxrWsdftP(oMsqNLiOHJbIMxNAWJ15SmidG5DtWchZ4POdY(kRj8XSzr5XZApGyDollXDCUGLgkMs9DmLaZlkgETxaCEGWPeOql1hLaR7IHxdCEGWPeqHQMMAmLIHFzwuFhloEKsGP7kKlGtjOtqrBsRmMsXWVmlQVJfEkbMxO7kKlGtjOtqrBs7mMsXWpZFDfLKM0yk13XuIK2inniIPuFhtjWGuaSRkFbaNsuH4SmTnXuQVJPeyqka2LRhTJmCkbDwIGgog2vZVAy1GhtI7S)RxrWsdftP(oMsqNLQLHJHD18Rggf8WHJT)9YpGdEEU9nEwt4dE4Wja

As for melee be aware that GSE will skip over both Raptor Strike and Mongoose Bite until they proc. And when they proc, if you do not have enough mana for them they will not fire off. So use care in spamming it. Note: I removed the Grow control in the melee macro. As I feel that if I am forced into melee by the lack of a good tank, I want my pet to pull agro

Level 20 Melee

Key press:
/petattack

/cast !Aspect of the Monkey

Main sequence:
/start attack
/cast Mongoose Bite
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Wing Clip

d8dacaqyf)LIQxsj1UOu8AqAAGyMuPElLOzlWPvPBcQ(LsCBkHXrv1ovQ9I2nH9tHFsrYWOi8BHgivudvj1GjQHRkoiLQ2gvOJjLJtr0cbSuQKftvSCj9qQspfAza9CPAIurMQQAYQOPt6Ic6XsCzrVtvkBKiXwvLSzkv2ovWhjsAwuk9zLKVtKQrsrXZiIrtrQRdkNuf6CQGRrKY5PQCxkjhIIsFtvQMn(5Ur0D4Rq3MdAcZHh6omKBq(j(NGuODIEDBpIh9s0EyQPJvIHs)kw5mWuJoq0voNMse4JEicFeWMGJcnRoKc9gfeGOtPDdSaL7grPIHVYA)gfebTbInn)eXNSC0jULqmuyxSwsVrlEgD8CdUQp6Hi8PuJVYA)gfD(5UXp3nIlDD06O6uGYniXLY0vd5geqhb5wcXLY0vd5gKdsJBiexktxnKbp8oeIRJDf(uQr(Ps0m5CsaI7SaLaebYaLaeDDfRAeGO3OfEgLaernFKcmrrVrbrmnjSuO3jGO1Ppxzqo9KFQeTo9TUM9o)C3iUuMUAiBPi(KQTI4zoNwzi73VK3mKT05NuT9mNtRmKp4hKBqIlpPoQofOgYuj(Rxb0ubjarxxXkqcqCDnHpLAKFUBexktxnKnBtsZrjuj(Rxb0uBeGkvQujb

Here is a link to my macros on WLM, so you can import to GSE, my basic under level 20 macros. They are the same as my current basic macros, but without the Multi-Shot and Mongoose Bite Modifiers. You can just edit them in yourself for now. I will update on the site after I get Aimed Shot, and post my above level 20 macros.

Here are my 2 final Below 20 macros:

Both the range and Melee will automatically switch back and forth between Aspect of the Hawk, and Aspect of the Monkey. I also fixed the auto shot issue with the range macro.

I will post my beginning above 20 within the next day or so.

Below 20 Range:

de0qcaqiPenlfYVOsddahd0YiPNPuMMk5Ai02Kk13uPACa5CQuwNucVtks3tkudukvhuQKfcXdvQAIsv5Ia0gLc5Jsr1iLcCsf4LsvAMqk3ubTtL8tPigkGAPaYtPmvOSvPO8vPGElu5Uqv7v8xPQAWOCyvTyivESIMmqDzjBwPYNrWOLs50i61kuZgsUTus7Mu)gvdNkoUurlxfpNQMoX1jX2LQ47qQ68sf2pshyWYcgdbq0Asd7xfG(TbRMJgGzPgSyypQsl(y7rRlZgSpwF1UxbLKfmM5uZb9L1wSUuK24NyaIEsnH2r(dVNyd)5H3S64j5AFWYcgSSGXCNVx8vNkLEwugLDkFjngcaLrzWnIebyeLrec7EeLbVubPgdyUxg(ZdpyzbJ5oFVqzWRniOiXAq9GdsSvnhhKyifkjiXaIutagKy75TIUxcsSERoaQqvVVcwKyarQjOgKy9wDa8P8(GLfmM789cLHtZDkzKMdUEW4PmqG2AkLHRDNsgbUEW4PSBGuZsnMRtjVIWNVx472rz4iC4ko4Pm41n49S2I56uYRi857fUMYWP5eoCfh8ug86g8EwxXCDk5f5NJPSSigZD(EHYA5DIz1Dm357fkdxRCWTW3g5obpLbV2GGIed7qQhxIAqIzs50if9ui56yw1PsPfYhvmGp1WFE4bllym357fkdETPUfjg2HupUeyqIej2WxR8OgOL60tPfsUoirIKa

Key press:
/petattack
/cast !Auto Shot
/cast [mod:shift] Aspect of the Hawk

/cast Hunter’s Mark

Main sequence:
/castsequence reset=10 Serpent Sting, Concussive Shot, Arcane Shot

Below 20 Melee:

Be careful with this one you can run out of mana if you spam it too much

d0JgcaWsvbVvO61i4WQmtvr)vOy2IYJLYnHIFrHVjO6UIWoLQ9s2nv2Vc)ua1WeO8BKgOq0qfrdwIHtPoOq46u0XOQJlawOQAPQswSqYYv0dfPEkQLHONlPjkKAQqmzOY0bxeHMMO6Yk9obQ2iKuBvaAZQsTDHsFvazwcsFgQ67cIgPGW2ejJwG0Tvf6KqINbLonLCEbLdbj5CqQXjqS8crDV4pXNboqXqgSyWq8jrIQtkeXix26GQ40pJGzuslo699zMbQ7fhHjeu6umXqA5Wh5)M0yfZ2BdLOvhRymxBsd4oRwuxviQ7fI6EXgv4G5bW1iOoPyJ2vHrXNtMYRowXgTRcJcj6WZvpxSr7QWOqIo8CXjPvaZ1MuHiqCi2dN(I7BJG(I)BgOV4xwo8E9fNM(yuhOV4h2Wso3AviQ7fB0UkmkXDu7fc1rXThUeJs6llBusUWO4d(Oeps7fcf3E4smkOdcP6KInSx4mbA7Qa997rjo(j10oXO4Zr7tPowXg2lCMaTDvG6gL4ok(j10oXO4Zr7tPEUyd7foaUgHrrG4h2WETz7vxHiqmdRnQnDnWI6eZBamxhyDzIFz5WtQVyKPLJWcK6lo5CXCTjviQ7fB0UkmkOYJ1NcRaXitlhHf86lqGymNZ8YqXb7m21bwuNIsGaja
BELOW_20_MELEE
Talents CLASSIC

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.17.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: Aspect of the Monkey

KeyPress: Growl, Revive Pet

Main Sequence: Wing Clip, Raptor Strike

Here is my pet return macro. It will return your pet to you side, and stopping it from running after, and attacking random mobs. It and the following pet attack with grow control, as well as keeping your pet on passive, will help keep you from being kicked from groups, for not controlling your pet

PetReturn

#showtooltip
/petstay
/pet follow

Pet Attack with Grow control:

#showtooltip Hunter’s Mark
/cast Hunter’s Mark
/petattack
/petautocaston [nogroup] growl
/petautocastoff [nogroup] Cower
/petautocaston [group] Cower

Here is my feed pet macro, It will feed your pet whatever food you have in your backpack’s first slot. So be sure to keep the right food for the type of pet, you are currently using, in that slot.

#showtooltip Feed Pet
/cast Feed Pet
/use 0 1

Pet Care:

#showtooltip
/cast [target=pet, dead] revive pet
/cast mend pet

Here is a new macro that I made to fast heal my pet when it is low on heath or you are low on mana. It actually is also faster then the cast time of mend pet. However because of its ling cool down time, you most likely only going to be able to use it once per battle. To use it you will need to keep your bandage in the number 2 slot(from left to right) of your backpack.

bandaidpet
.#showtooltip
/use [target=pet, help]0 2

dWJpcaWsjv9wPuVgjMPKWHvz2kYJvYnru)sP62isEMIANQQ9k2nj7Nu3da)Lkk)wHbkP0qLIgmrdhiherCAv5ysCoPWcbzPsvwmIulNQEOuPNszza65eMOKktfutgPMo0fLQAya0LrDDLYgPI0wPs0MLuSDjP(OKKzHW0qsFNkIrsfvBJkHrtLKXtLYjPcFgOUMuX5LenoQK6UsjhNkvNsGZVeZC8RQI(odQFvK443Vx(adCm4BIvOiw3kiXmhDJvhxZTnH5xIzG4LJ6YFogjBORg(y9DYtbUwOZpQog5B5hUK9I3qjcC(LaNFj2UappEiElk5dm2oigpeVfL8NJTVobky33y1I1sT0Zcgbappyg3laQLAzNsXfeA5mGuPsOLL5ouBqOLL5ouBqOLL5ouBeR5qGKVLFe4GXCoF0bk2NxucumiEcduSEpf4sGI1DqksFyGIvpxzpEIpbh4GX69uGbgOygYGC6MAHVHkMXUVXk8DtXG9pffgbgOy1Zv20ZcrGZVeBFDculBRgGyKqnO5JULw29MM0YMmQLTRfeJe08r3slB4AG5dm2(6eOw2gppygbOMXAtqOLSBpbki0s1GMp6weTXZdMraaXiHwYU9eOGqlvdA(OBPLKFc6NNx4BOcgRPNjFl)iW5xITVobQLLYmGbJb7FkkmwcuWGXiFQTBYHczF1ScFdvGcgmbSINGLE_BEGAINER
Talents CLASSIC

Here is what I have left of some of my very old normal pre-GSE macros, I was still testing them when the servers shut down

Pet Care:

#showtooltip
/cast mend pet

Feed Pet: ( I carry food for each kind of pet with me at all times, and with this macro I don’t have to open my bag to feed them) NOTE!! You need to change the type of food to what is available at your and your pets current level.

/#showtooltip feed pet
/cast feed pet
/use Pickled Pig’s Snout
/cast feed pet
/use Plump Fig
/cast feed pet
/use Frybread

Pet Misdirect:

/cast [target=pet, help] Misdirection

#showtooltip
/cast Hunter’s Mark
/petattack

BM Pet Melee:

/cast Intimidation
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast [target=pettarget, exists] Kill command

Other helpful Macros:

Play Dead;

/castsequence reset=30 Disengage, Dismiss Pet, Feign Death

Oh shit!;

#Showtooltiph
/cast Deterrence
/use Healthstone
/use Master Healing Potion
/use Heavy Windwool Bandage

Focus MD;/cast [target=focus, help] Misdirection

Pop It:

/cast rapid fire
/use 13
/use 14

Notice it isnt actually classic wow ? the original casts like mongoose isn’t on the bm hunter list.

Most of those old macros are from early MoP, but were based on ones I used for years. Example: The Pet Attack with Grow control: Is my very first macro that I made back in BC, and should work well in Classic. My older macros maybe on my old portable hard drive, as soon as I can find it, I will check and post them if they are there.

Thank you very much, your efforts are the motivation for us to stay at wow. Thank you.

I reached level 10 and a half before the server shut down on Classic. Do we know yet whether we would install a separate GSE for Classic or use the same one we use for World of Warcraft.? My first impression is that we will need a separate GSE .
While playing I found I followed a similar sequence to use. However I rarely killed the animal by the end of the sequence. By then I would be too close to the target to continue to use a bow and then I needed to revert to the attack dagger or the raptor dagger, and hope I would outlast the animal. If I was lucky enough to be playing with another hunter one of us could melee and the other back away to use the bow. For awhile I would have to include the daggers in the macro as well…or use a second macro.

Here is the GSE for classic. https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/gse-gnome-sequencer-enhanced-advanced-macros/files/2760683

You will need to download it to the following file: c:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_classic_\Interface\addons

I am not Shure if a GSE would work in classic, in fact of the high ammount of autoshot dmg, where you should not miss any autoshot. would be interestig if someone gets that to work.

Some Videos for Classic:

There is a GSE Addon for Classic, and Single Beginner macro above worked very well for me. In fact because it was a GSE macro, I had no issue with Auto-Shot.

Here is a link to the GSE Classic https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/gse-gnome-sequencer-enhanced-advanced-macros/files/2762500

Of Cause yu have no issue, but you throw half of the hunter dmg away if you not play with the autoshot timer, cause autoshot is half of your damage…

Auto-shot starts automatically when you fire off your first shot, while in combat. If you have auto-shot in a normal macro, it will reset it every time you hit the key. If you keep hitting auto-shot it will cause hesitation in it and screws up the rest of your rotation. That is why it works better in a GSE macro, then in a normal macro.

Sorry sent first draft of my reply in error. Please read my edit.

I think what they’re referencing is any attempt to spam a macro for their rotation has a high probability of throwing off auto shot timing.

For instance: It’s at .3 Seconds and I hit Aimed Shot - I delayed the auto shot, and reset it. Dropping a significant amount of damage. It’s why I think GSE won’t be nearly as relevant in Classic for a lot of classes. Between casters needing to vet their mana and waiting to see if they need to wand/wait for swing timer, etc.

I think a lot of what people use GSE for is one-button spam, so while there is some uses for GSE to help make a glorified /castsequence I do think it’ll hinder a lot of functionality it offers.

I could swear back in the day I was able to overcome the auto shot problem by tricking it somehow.

Or maybe I’m confusing it with something else since it has been so long and I never documented what I used to use for macros since I started the site and some used to get overwritten.

My mind is blurry but I think it was either using an exclamation before the spell, or maybe adding it in between the sequence or using no channeling. But like I said it’s been awhile :slight_smile:

Which is why you don’t assign Classic shot rotation macros to an AHK; Nor do just keep spamming it. You take breaks as needed to allow a few Auto-Shots, and mana regen.

Here are some more of my old hunter macros that I found on an old portable hard drive. I do not exactly know how old some of them are. But I do know that they are from mainly Some are from BC, WotLK and none are latter then Cata. Also I did not start playing until early BC; So I do not know how well they will they will work in classic, or translate to GSE. However they should be a good starting point to fool around with, when Classic goes live. I do know that the feed pet and First Aid, etc… macro should still work, You just need to change the names of the items.

new hunter

/startattack
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Focus Fire

new hunt AoE

/startattack
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=5 Multi-Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Multi-Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Multi-Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Multi-Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Focus Fire

/#showtooltip feed pet
/cast feed pet
/use Massive Turkey Leg
/cast feed pet
/use Highland Pomegranate

MDFocus
/cast [target=focus, help] Misdirection

MDpet
/cast [target=pet, help] Misdirection

Take A Rest
/cast Freezing Trap
/use Buttery Wheat Roll
/cast Prowl

Real Feign Death
#showtooltip Feign Death
/castsequence reset=30 Dismiss Pet, Disengage, Feign Death

Heal Me
#Showtooltiph
/cast Deterrence
/use Mythical Healing Potion
/use Dense Embersilk Bandage

UP DATE:

OK here is my revised beginner under level 20 Hunter shot rotation. This works a lot better then the old one. NOTE: Until you get serpent sting you are better off not bothering with a macro.

dSJLcaWsvG3IQ8AsyMqQMTahwXNevQFrvDBrv5VQqTtvzVs7gQ9JYpfvXWur1VvAGQinuQWGrA4qCquPESihtqhxfYcjLLQQyXQGwoIhcjpLYYirpxOjQQktLunzQsthCrur3tuHltCDvAJIkARQQQntLA7ujFevYxfvvttuL(ov0ivr50K0OHuEgQWjvvzwQkDnrLCEveFwuUlQQBsvCdREFH104e98K)JvE(X2VhxOZzFkREn9jqWqSgk052SFOQ9N4EUbqFH14(cOTKAC6ufNDQ2qwx1mej97V(4OMNjr2)fsuDXXQ3xy17lSMFegcmamjf9PSMpIadatsrFCuZpnrikhDfCsyugLirbYbmKmb8dpNrzutiicgyuduXzFzuuloDJrvxcJAOTWxgLBsAWcJAOTqnuB(oCGQv7mz8wTApjPOA10KaOA1(OIZcRwnDIkwHaHvR2hvCMYQv7a5KpsGmrP6fQzGGKZlobQlUMjhDfmOob1oqoXbrIXQ3xyn)0ebgLhEre4lE9kJx(mkQjiGrDiaJY7ueb(6vgV8z0pIlvxcJ6qG(uwZhrG5cBAIW62nJYlJSxe(mkxK1zqFCuZhrG5cBAIWIzuE4nJSxe(mkxK1zqF5TMpIaZf20eH1TBgLhEZi7fHpJIADkK(YvnFebMlSPjclMr5Lr2lcFgf16uifQPtuXkeqz1Q5GiEMezREFH18ttey0ZUyqi5oYOEgIIc1CSrWZKiB1luOqnpd(ob)WGqCjyqDX9WcfAb
BELOW_20_SINGLE
Talents CLASSIC

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.14-32-gbcca58a.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: cast Hunter’s Mark

KeyPress:

Main Sequence:

/startattack
/pet attack
/castsequence reset + 10 Serpent Sting, Concussive Shot, Arcane Shot

NOTE:

Be careful with using AHK with this macro, as you get a lot of damage from Auto Shot. Also you can really drain your mana. You will want to run one complete cycle, let Auto Shot take over to regen mana, and run the macro as needed to keep the debuff on you target. Remember you need to save some mana to mend your pet, and to res your pet take almost a full mana bar, in the early stages.

Here is my pet return macro. It will return your pet to you side, and stopping it from running after, and attacking random mobs. It and the following pet attack with grow control, as well as keeping your pet on passive, will help keep you from being kicked from groups, for not controlling your pet

PetReturn

#showtooltip
/petstay
/pet follow

#showtooltip Hunter’s Mark
/cast Hunter’s Mark
/petattack

Here is my feed pet macro, It will feed your pet whatever food you have in your backpack’s first slot. So be sure to keep the right food for the type of pet, you are currently using, in that slot.

#showtooltip Feed Pet
/cast Feed Pet
/use 0 1

Pet Care:

#showtooltip
/cast mend pet

Here is a new macro that I made to fast heal my pet when it is low on heath or you are low on mana. It actually is also faster then the cast time of mend pet. However because of its ling cool down time, you most likely only going to be able to use it once per battle. To use it you will need to keep your bandage in the number 2 slot(from left to right) of your backpack.

bandaidpet
.#showtooltip
/use [target=pet, help]0 2

Kneazle, thanks for the bandaid macro, great time saver.

And this /castsequence reset + 10 Serpent Sting, genius. SWIPE!

Here is an easier Feed pet macro, so you can feed your pet whatever you have on hand, great for pigs, they even eat mage food. put your pet food in first backpack slot.

/cast Feed Pet

/cast [pet] 0 1

I love what you did automating growl!