Combat – 5.3

good morning, is there any updates on a 5.3 macro

this is what i’ve been using. It’s decent but it usually gets the job done.

My Talents are Shadow Focus, Combat Readiness, Cheat Death, Cloak and Dagger, Paralytic Poison, and Anticipation.

This is my Single rotation:

#showtooltip sinister strike
/startattack
/castsequence [stance:1]ambush; reset=target revealing strike,null
/castsequence reset=0 0,sinister strike
/castsequence reset=target/alt slice and dice,sinister strike,sinister strike,eviscerate,revealing strike
/cast adrenaline rush
/cast shadow blades
/cast combat readiness
/cast evasion
/use 13
/use 14
/cast [nostance:1] Stealth
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

This is my Aoe

#showtooltip fan of knives
/startattack
/castsequence reset=0 0,fan of knives
/castsequence reset=target fan of knives,fan of knives,crimson tempest
/cast adrenaline rush
/cast shadow blades
/cast combat readiness
/cast evasion
/use 13
/use 14

Both are more than 255 so you’ll need a macro extender. Feel free to make any changes.

Here is a small macro that i use, Its not a all in one but it might help someone.

/cast [nocombat]stealth
/castsequence reset=target revealing strike,null
/castsequence [mod]reset=1 revealing strike;
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,sinister strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,sinister strike 
/use 10

It will open with RS, then continue to SS. To refresh RS just hold down a mod key, CTRL, Shift, or ALT.

I have SnD on a separate key, same with my Eviz.

I started using “onesided” [mod] commands in these type of macros so i can save space and have more control. The nice thing is they wont do anything unless a mod is pushed. I think they work better than some other options, especially when you have a ability with no cooldown like searing totem or ice lance, where it can just spam if you do not lock it up with a decent command ect.

Hope you can use this “onesided” [mod] command idea!

do niether of you use killing spree in your single taret rotation

is there any single target combat macro with rupture in it?

[quote quote=9398]do niether of you use killing spree in your single taret rotation
[/quote]

As to your question I leave KS on a separate button that i can control the use of myself.

is there any single target combat macro with rupture in it?

The ones up above are pretty much the only ones due to the fact that combat is not really a popular rogue spec. However i think it’ll change with the love combat rogues are getting in 5.4 unless they make changes from now until patch day

Hi Ray T.

I get an error code on this line.

/castsequence reset=target/alt slice and dice,sinister strike,sinister strike,eviscerate,revealing strike

At the reset=target/alt Macro toolkit tells me its an unknown peramater i don’t know if its the slash command but was wondering if you have the same issue or was it a typo?
Thanks

[quote quote=10606]Hi Ray T.

I get an error code on this line.

At the reset=target/alt Macro toolkit tells me its an unknown peramater i don’t know if its the slash command but was wondering if you have the same issue or was it a typo?<br>
Thanks
[/quote]

yeah I have macrotoolkit too and i get the same message all the time. the /alt is a mod command and for some reason MTK doesn’t like that command. Have you tried using it anyways or if not you can take it out and see what happens. I haven’t been playing my rogue much and haven’t had time to play lately with rl issues atm to see if i could update them

edit If i remember correctly, I was seeing slice n dice refreshing on my buffs bar w/o pressing alt but that was like months ago while testing on ptr. dunno if that helps or not

Well I modified your macro a little bit, I removed the line entirely and added S&D in your chain line, I also tossed in Recuperate for a little PvP survivability. My Macro coding is not that great but I do see a big difference in the battlegrounds. So far it hasn’t locked up and I’ve been having fun ganking warriors with this macro.

#showtooltip Sinister Strike
/startattack
/castsequence [stance:1]Ambush; reset=target Revealing Strike,null
/castsequence reset=0 0,Sinister Strike
/castsequence reset=target Slice and Dice,Sinister Strike,Recuperate,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Eviscerate,Revealing Strike,Sinister Strike,
/cast Adrenaline Rush
/cast Shadow Blades
/cast Combat Readiness
/cast Evasion

What I was thinking of doing was taking AR,SB,CR and Evasion and put it in its own macro for burst damage when i need it. Haven’t tested it yet though maybe after sleep.

[quote quote=10643]Well I modified your macro a little bit, I removed the line entirely and added S&D in your chain line, I also tossed in Recuperate for a little PvP survivability. My Macro coding is not that great but I do see a big difference in the battlegrounds. So far it hasn’t locked up and I’ve been having fun ganking warriors with this macro.

#showtooltip Sinister Strike<br>
/startattack<br>
/castsequence [stance:1]Ambush; reset=target Revealing Strike,null<br>
/castsequence reset=0 0,Sinister Strike<br>
/castsequence reset=target Slice and Dice,Sinister Strike,Recuperate,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Eviscerate,Revealing Strike,Sinister Strike,<br>
/cast Adrenaline Rush<br>
/cast Shadow Blades<br>
/cast Combat Readiness<br>
/cast Evasion<br>
/cast [nostance:1] Stealth<br>

What I was thinking of doing was taking AR,SB,CR and Evasion and put it in its own macro for burst damage when i need it. Haven’t tested it yet though maybe after sleep.
[/quote]

Glad you were able to get it working the way you want. Most of the macros i post are usually what others have posted that still work for me or tweaks iv’e put in for my personal taste. Anybody that can use them and still works well or makes minor adjustments to suits their needs is all good. I like sharing what works for me in hopes it’ll help others. I just started writing whole macros from scratch and have shared a few and hope to get as good as the other guys on here :smiley:

ok this is mine now im just trying to figure out how to get recuperate and s&d to proc. Everything else works amazing.

#showtooltip revealing strike
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,recuperate
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,expose armor
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,dismantle
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,shiv
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=8 Sinister Strike
/startattack
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

like stated recupe does not proc ever. I honestly dont care if it procs after one combo point same with S&D. Think about it if i keeps proccing you always have it up. Endless health and Speed during fights.

Rogue in general are very hard to get a all in one macro to work. It’s just how the class is designed. Your best bet would be to add modifiers to other abilities to get those abilities to fire off.

Something like

/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 revealing strike; sinister strike

That will sinister strike forever until you press a mod button, ctrl alt or shift. Then it will cast revealing strike.

Also

/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 recuperate; slice and dice

Same thing, it will always slice and dice until you hold down a mod button, then it will cast recuperate.

Just looking at your macro, you are probably energy starved to even cast SND or Recuperate.

Something to try would be to either move SND down the macro or putting this at the very bottom.

/cast [mod]slice and dice;

That should cast SND only when a mod is pushed and since it’s at the bottom it should take priority and you should not be using other abilities that cost energy.

Give it a try. Remember that rogues use finishers that cost combo points and energy. It makes making all in one macros that are competive very difficult to do.and you are putting energy users at the front, and that leaves no energy for finishers that are at the back.

this macro doesnt work in the way i would wanted to tho its lacking dps even with my 520 ilv this doesnt work properly at all lacking dmg got 2 528 weps and trinkets and the right gems so that aint the problem.

[quote quote=10643]Well I modified your macro a little bit, I removed the line entirely and added S&D in your chain line, I also tossed in Recuperate for a little PvP survivability. My Macro coding is not that great but I do see a big difference in the battlegrounds. So far it hasn’t locked up and I’ve been having fun ganking warriors with this macro.

#showtooltip Sinister Strike
/startattack
/castsequence [stance:1]Ambush; reset=target Revealing Strike,null
/castsequence reset=0 0,Sinister Strike
/castsequence reset=target Slice and Dice,Sinister Strike,Recuperate,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Eviscerate,Revealing Strike,Sinister Strike,
/cast Adrenaline Rush
/cast Shadow Blades
/cast Combat Readiness
/cast Evasion

[/quote]

i have been using macro for s few days now being way undergeared for timeless isle i am able to put up close to 100k dps so i would think with better gear it would go much higher