Compiled Frost DK Macro Topics!

Folks lets compile the “Working” macros please! State the following:

Spec:
iLvL:
Average DPS:
Macro:

This will allow all of use to continue to evolve the macro’s we use. I see way to many topics that are open ended and thus become lost in translation!

Looking forward to see what everyone brings to the table.

Bump!

Spec: 2H Frost 1,2,1,1,1,2
Glyphs Major: Anti-Magic Shell, Regenerative Magic & Unholy Command
Glyphs Minor: Army of the Dead , Tranquil Grip & ??
iLvL: 558
Average DPS: 240k+
Note: Blood Boil, Howling Blast & Empower Rune Weapon on separate button to be used on demand. Add Soul Reaper line below Obliterate for execute phase.

DPS may be low for the ilvl due to bad itemization. No normal raiding for me :frowning:

Macro:

#showtooltip Obliterate
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target Howling Blast,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=5/target Death's Advance,Plague Strike
/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Thanks Gen!

The problem with the above maco is that it goes past the amount you can type in.

Some people must get so sick of answering the above post

Yup barry some do but you know what I didn’t know about a macrotool tip addon until a nicer person just told me. Not all of us know all the add ons and everything that goes with wow. We are all here to learn and at one point you didn’t know either so have a little patients with people like me trying my hardest to learn.

there are dozens of post on this forum about it do what i did and research it like i had to

No harm done here.

@Bradley - However, there is a better way of asking for information. What you said sounds like the macro doesn’t work. It is obvious that there is a way to have longer macros work otherwise I wouldn’t have posted it in the first place. If you had just asked that you are not sure how to get past the 255 character limit, I am sure Barry wouldn’t have responded the way he did out of frustration.

Can a Moderator delete the unnecessary posts in this thread including this one to keep it organized & civilized?

Also I am unable to edit my post so if the mod can add line “Addon: Macro ToolKit” in my post that be great.

Just a question with regards to blood tap. I dont see it in any of these macro’s, unless I am being blind? Most theorycrafting recommends that it be used, where would you slot it in in this macro?

Is runic empowerment otherwise the preferred choice for macros?

Thanks in advance.

You are correct. Blood tap needs to be in there. I posted that macro at work and I typed it up. Didn’t copy. Blood tap needs to be in there.

Addon: Macro ToolKit
Spec: 2H Frost 1,2,1,1,1,2
Glyphs Major: Anti-Magic Shell, Regenerative Magic & Unholy Command
Glyphs Minor: Army of the Dead , Tranquil Grip & ??
iLvL: 558&
Average DPS: 240k+
Note: Blood Boil, Howling Blast & Empower Rune Weapon on separate button to be used on demand. Add Soul Reaper line below Obliterate for execute phase.

Macro:

#showtooltip Obliterate
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=5/target Death's Advance,Plague Strike
/cast [combat] Blood Tap
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

GC, I’m curious why you chose Rolling Blood over like Unholy Blight. Plague Leach is believed to be the highest dps but hard to keep up in a macro so that I understand.

Yes plague leech is just hard to keep up with in macros and that’s why I didn’t choose it. And as for Rolling blood over UB is because both those talents are mainly targeted for trash pulls when playing a DPS and since UB has a cool down I ditched it. What I do on trash is apply both diseases on a target and just hit BB and it transfers it to the rest. If you use UB you can only do it once until the ability is available again. and when its on cool down you have to use pest which uses up a rune any ways so might as well use BB with Rolling Blood and have most DPS on trash. When it comes to boss fights with adds, you always have diseases up on the boss so as soon as the tank picks up the adds just do BB and all your diseases are transferred to the adds. I find it very convenient which is only going to make Blizzard break it…lol

Another curious person here; why don’t you (and all the others I read, for that matter) use Death Strike in the macro?

I use this one as an ilvl 559 2 Handed weapon wielder, i seem to get reasonable dps from it but would like some pointers or tweeks to improve it.

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Plague Leech
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Soul Reaper
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=5/target Howling Blast,Plague Strike
/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon
/startattack

Forgot to mention talents for above are 121112