Consoleport and GSE Compatibility

So I’m horribly new to this system and I’ve tried scouring the web for answers and guides to help me understand how this works.

I use Consoleport to play the game now seeing as it’s gotten much easier to just plug and play with a controller.

I’ve made basic macros before and they work as intended. However, when I try to use a GSE macro, it does not respond in any way, shape, or form.

I downloaded GSE and Elfyau’s Warrior plugin when I first started experiencing this issue.

I followed the troubleshooting steps and read the entire How To Guide but still could not make heads or tails on how as a user, I’m supposed to interact with it. I even deleted and reinstalled the addon and plugin completely.

I am currently playing WoW with an Xbox One S|X controller and the macros just don’t respond to my button presses.
I’ve ran the debugger to try and find some kind of error message but the system does not show anything wrong.

This also goes for the druid macros I’ve tried aswell.

Is there something I’m missing to get this to work with Consoleport? or is it not possible?

1 Like

Hi @TimothyLuke,
Thank you for replying,
I do have a few questions regarding the guide here as I’ve read this before from another post where you gave them this link as well.

Does GSE consider a “KEYDOWN” input as a keyboard key or just an input?

If it does, I’ll move on to Consoleport for help and post my findings here.

Would love to know if you found a fix for this. I am having the exact same issue as you.

Neither it’s a WoW CVar that operates in one of two modes. The first KeyDown activates as soon as it’s pressed be that a button, a keyboard or mouse click. The other mods is when the keyboard key, button or mouse button is released. While it should be simple the way that GSE is able to activate its macro depends on how that is configured. In this case ConsolePort has to be setup for one of those modes and both it and GSE need to be on the same page.

1 Like

I play with xbox controller also. I use xmouse to config my mouse and xpadder to config my pad. Pretty easy to work out how to use the pair together to create a working pad experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Consoleport has a fix.

Try this:

4 Likes

I found this fix in the Consoleport Discord.
It worked for a GSE macro on my warrior, but I can’t for the life of me get it to work on my druid.
I’m using Elfyau’s class plugins

I’m using the feral Druid one. Worked for me.

I only added nobutton to the first.

1 Like

I’ve been focused on my Balance build but I’ll give that a try