Continue to get Errors

Message: Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0\LibQTip-1.0.lua:543: attempt to call method ‘GetBackdrop’ (a nil value)
Time: Thu Nov 4 02:55:53 2021
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0\LibQTip-1.0.lua:543: attempt to call method ‘GetBackdrop’ (a nil value)
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0\LibQTip-1.0.lua”]:543: in function <Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0\LibQTip-1.0.lua:539>
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0\LibQTip-1.0.lua”]:132: in function Acquire' [string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\GUIFunctions.lua"]:189: in function CreateToolTip’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\Viewer.lua”]:340: in function <Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\Viewer.lua:339>
[string “=[C]”]: ?
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua”]:72: in function <Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:70>
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua”]:306: in function `Fire’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua”]:26: in function <…s\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:25>

@mrwaggle4

Why is this not posted in Tim’s GitHub where he can see the problem since he’s only on here like once every couple of weeks?

Remember: if he can’t replicate the problem on his end then it’s going to be awfully hard for him to fix it.

All of my Addons are up to date using WowUp and have had zero problems with GSE.

fixed the error on my end, it was another addon ! hope this helps ; )

@oiciniv what was it? I’m completely updated, and even disabled all other addons, and couldn’t resolve it without editing one of the library files.

sorry just did it again

I too have all my few add-ons up to date, but it is GSE that crashes, can we use GSE 2 instead of 3?

https://www.wowace.com/projects/libqtip-1-0

If you are comfortable updating a library in GSE, you can grab it there. Tim will be back in a few days to do the same for GSE as well.

It was mentioned [BUG] LibQTip Error · Issue #1068 · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler · GitHub had it not been listed I might have seen it in the next month or so. I can’t login for a few days due to having a real life. I will need feedback and that thread is the place I am notified about.

If it’s not posted to GitHub you can be 99% sure I won’t see it and won’t know to do anything about it.. Imagine if this was an important error that affected everyone … oh wait!

Good Luck using GSE2. It uses the exact same library and has the exact same problem.

Tnx that solved it, what was causing the problem?

3.0.53 has the updated library that handles UI element tool tips.