Dark Apotheosis Macro

Hi Folks,

let me start of by saying thank you! Thank you all for this awesome site and all the great macros! There is not one char on my account, that doesn’t use at least one macro from here, even if its only for farming ^^

So now to the subject I wanted to get to and also my first post here on the site ^^ I’m currently trying to build a Dark Apotheosis macro for my Lock. Basically what I want it to do is the following:

1. Use Shadow Bolt (Demonic Slash) on CD (well 3 uses with 4.5 sec reg time)
  2. Use Hand of Gul’dan on CD
  3. Apply Corruption
  4. Kick of Soul Fire when Backlash has procced
  5. Use Hellfire (Immolation Aura) sometimes
  6. Fire Curse of the Elemets (Aura of Elements) once per Combat
  7. Fire Dark Soul when of CD
  8. Fire Imp Swarm when of CD
  9. Not fire anything as long as Drain Life is beeing Channled

I have tried several approaches, but none seemed to work properly. For expample:

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/castsequence [nochanneling: Drain Life] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Hand of Gul'dan
/castsequence [nochanneling: Drain Life] reset=0.3 0,0,Corruption
/castsequence [nochanneling: Drain Life] reset=0.3 0,Soul Fire
/castsequence [nochanneling: Drain Life] reset=0.3 Shadow Bolt
/castsequence [nochanneling: Drain Life] reset=25 Curse of the Elements
/use [combat] Dark Soul: Knowledge
/use [combat] Imp Swarm

This one seems to work quite nice, but doesn fire Imp Swarm, nor Aura of the Elements. Also sometimes it seems to kick of Soul Fire a bit to often, compare to other options. When I weave a Hellfire (Aura of Immolation) in there, I will get Fury starved quite quickly since it seems to fire of quiet often and then several times in a row, which leads to a complete Fury dump :frowning:

Also as an short example, I’m using a Destro Macro from here, which seems to handle the Chaos Bolt Procs, just like I would like Soul Fire to be handled, thought the macro code doesn seem to hint, why and how it is done ^^

Example Destro:

/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/petattack
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Immolate,
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Conflagrate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
/castsequence reset=0.3 Chaos Bolt
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() 
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

So anyone out there who could help me out whith my Dark Apotheosis macro issue?

Thanks much in advance for any help! :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hmm anyone? Did I say something wrong?

I just stumbled on your post and thought I’d chime in, should you happen to see :slight_smile:

Dark Apotheosis is both very niche-y and is a little trickier to do macros for, but it can be done! Here’s some quick things to address:

Change [nochanneling: Drain Life] to [nochanneling] to accomplish the same thing

Remove Soul Fire from the macro entirely

Corruption and Curses don’t have cooldowns, so they have to either be part of a cast sequence on the same line, and/or have “,null” so they won’t spam. reset=25 doesn’t you help here

Imp Swarm will pop if you make it a /castsequence like the others. Example: /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Imp Swarm