Dark Kitty-All Talents

[quote quote=55325]

I tried several different ways to make it work and failed. I am trying to find a way that uses less key strokes or modifiers. That will cast regrowth prior to the spenders for max dps. Still playing with my Razer to set up a button that will cast regrowth and the spender. Trying to fine tune for max dps. If you can think of something please post
Can’t be done without the form shift problems that I mentioned (among other things) or I would have it in my macro. The 2 things that you can do (but neither guarantee success is: 1. put the following code into the Key Release section of a macro
<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-e">console </span><span class="crayon-i">autounshift</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-cn">0</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-e">cast </span><span class="crayon-v">Regrowth</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-e">console </span><span class="crayon-i">autounshift</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
This will force the macro to cast Regrowth every PS proc without breaking form, but you have 0 control over when it casts in terms of “just before a finisher” to take advantage of Bloodtalons. 2. You can do as I have done and make a separate ingame macro and then call that macro within the main macro with a /click <macro> but you cannot include that in a /castsequence and thus you cannot ensure that it will cast just prior to the finisher, unless you do as I have done and put it on a modifier or separate button. [/quote]

Tried as I might you are correct. Now using regrowth on a separate button and firing it prior to finishers. All in all I have 4 buttons to maintain. But after some practice its not bad.

Nvm. It cleared up.

I love this macro works great!! Thank you!! But I do have 1 question, I don’t see anywhere in ur macro to put FBspender on button 4.

Also what talents do you use Dark?

[quote quote=55427]I love this macro works great!! Thank you!! But I do have 1 question, I don’t see anywhere in ur macro to put FBspender on button 4.
[/quote]

It’s in the "Combo Point spender Modifier sections in each KeyPress.

[quote quote=55428]Also what talents do you use Dark?
[/quote]

It really depends on what I am doing, as they change frequently. But roughly something like this:

Questing= 1111321
Raiding/Mythic+= 2212221
and if I really need to focus on pure single target= 2212232 (but I rarely do this)

Using various UI mods, and unsure which I should go for, as far as the macro goes.

Screenshot of the fstack over the 4 button (which has my Rip spender)
Which line do I input then? :slight_smile:

Eager to fully try this out!

So, via some other commands I got it working (or, at least I hope so)
This is a “new” character that I shelved after hitting 110 with it, so keep in mind that the gear is horrid, but the info might be useful after all.
It’ll be really interesting to see how this works as gear gets better.

Here’s the feedback, as requested:

What Talents are you using?
1, 2, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1

What level are you?

What is your item level?
Artifact Level is 22, and AK is 54

What Gear are you using (Trinkets Legos)?
No legendary yet, trinkets are pretty basic right now :stuck_out_tongue:

In a group or solo?
Currently solo, on a dungeoneer’s training dummy

Do you use a program like AHK or Synapse to spam the macro?
Or do you manually press?

Manually mash the button with my poor ol’ fingers.

What Talents are you using?
2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 1

What level are you?

What is your item level?
Artifact Level is 70, and AK is 54

What Gear are you using (Trinkets Legos)?
head + class ring

In a group or solo?
(n)hc raid + mythic+

Do you use a program like AHK or Synapse to spam the macro?
steelseeries keyboard with 100ms autorepeat

well…tested this macro for a couple of weeks…the “stand-alone” version and the “expert” one…the aoe dps is quite okay, but i have to say when it comes to bosses, the st damage is just horrible - for example my best log at goroth was about 39%. i modified the macro by setting some mod keys for cp spenders on my own, but no improvement at all…idk, maybe its me doing something wrong or missing something, and someone could help, cause at this point, because of the lack of boss damage, for me, this macro isnt usefull at all

[quote quote=55517]So, via some other commands I got it working (or, at least I hope so) This is a “new” character that I shelved after hitting 110 with it, so keep in mind that the gear is horrid, but the info might be useful after all. It’ll be really interesting to see how this works as gear gets better.
What Talents are you using? 1, 2, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1
What level are you? 110
What is your item level? 828 Artifact Level is 22, and AK is 54
What Gear are you using (Trinkets Legos)? No legendary yet, trinkets are pretty basic right now ???
In a group or solo? Currently solo, on a dungeoneer’s training dummy
Do you use a program like AHK or Synapse to spam the macro? Or do you manually press?
Manually mash the button with my poor ol’ fingers.
[/quote]

Glad to hear that you were able to get it sorted. I hope it works well for you.

[quote quote=55576]Here’s the feedback, as requested:
What Talents are you using? 2 – 2 – 1 – 1 – 2 – 2 – 1
What level are you? 110
What is your item level? 940 Artifact Level is 70, and AK is 54
What Gear are you using (Trinkets Legos)? head + class ring
In a group or solo? (n)hc raid + mythic+
Do you use a program like AHK or Synapse to spam the macro? steelseeries keyboard with 100ms autorepeat
well…tested this macro for a couple of weeks….the “stand-alone” version and the “expert” one…the aoe dps is quite okay, but i have to say when it comes to bosses, the st damage is just horrible – for example my best log at goroth was about 39%. i modified the macro by setting some mod keys for cp spenders on my own, but no improvement at all….idk, maybe its me doing something wrong or missing something, and someone could help, cause at this point, because of the lack of boss damage, for me, this macro isnt usefull at all
[/quote]

I’m not surprised that the press and forget version is not yielding great single target results. As I stated when I posted this there is an issue where after an initial good burst the macro starts not spending combo points fast enough (Holding onto a full 5 stack for several seconds). I’m working on trying to sort out a fix, but the complexity of how Feral Builds and spends combo points makes this a very difficult rotation to wrap up into 1 button and tie a bow on it. I really intended for this version to be used for questing and LFR ect (people who don’t care about parse numbers, they just want to get the content down as lazily as possible)

I am surprised that you cannot produce much higher results using Modifiers to manage your spenders and your Rake application. My guess without seeing logs or more feedback is that you are not spending properly and or not keeping Rake applied. It takes some practice and some critical thinking on the users part. Rake needs to be 100% while avoiding clipping as much as possible, If you talent Savage Roar it needs to be up 100%, and Rip needs to be up 100% while avoiding clipping. Points should only be spent on Ferocious Bite if Savage Roar AND Rip will not fall off before you can refresh both or if the target is below 25% and has a full 5 combo point RIP applied you can Ferocious Bite to refresh Rip at that point, but you must still watch the SR buff (if talented) and if you are trying to push the most pure single target that you can (worried about parse) then you should be talenting Savage Roar. Keep in mind though that Savage Roar is only slightly better than Brutal Slash (esp if you have Brutal Slash glyphs (and you should)) in pure single target fights while it is far worse than Brutal Slash on any fight with 2 or more targets.
The example that you gave of Goroth is a terrible fight for Feral unless your setup for pure single target, but doing so would make you horrid at any add fight going forward.
If you check the logs and you are managing 100% uptime on Rake and Rip i would be shocked if your parse remained that low. But if it is it may also come down to stats/ tier bonuses ect.

So, thought I’d post the edits here, mostly because I want to make sure I didn’t do any dumbfuckery xD

So, I wanted to have more control, so I removed Incarnation from the macro. This is where I got a bit confused.
You list “/cast [notalent:5/2,combat] Berserking” under cooldowns and “/cast [combat] Berserk” under racials. Isn’t it the other way around? Berserk is the ability that Incarnation replaces and Berserking is the racial for trolls?
I also removed the auto target and charge because I died to poor decision making :stuck_out_tongue:

I just wanted to check if I messed something up, so here is the edited one. I’m using MayronUI with everything associated with it, so my bars has different names.:

Sequences[‘DarkKitty’] = {
– This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.02.
Author=“Darkmanz”,
SpecID=103,
Talents = “any”,
Default=1,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
Combat=true,
Trinket1=true,
Trinket2=true,
StepFunction = “Sequential”,
KeyPress={
“–Combo point Spenders, Modifiers”,
“–ATTENTION!!! You must edit the next line so that each <Replace Me> is replaced with the button that Corresponds to the correct Combopoint Spender macro button and remove the --”,
“/click [mod:shift] BT4BUTTON116;[mod:alt] BT4BUTTON4;[mod:ctrl] BT4BUTTON5”,
“–General stuff”,
“/cast [noform:2] Cat Form”,
“–If you do not want the macro to immediately target and attack the next target then remove the next line (this can be problematic in dungeon groups if you are not careful)”,
“–If you do not like for the macro to stealth constantly then remove the next line”,
“/cast [notalent:5/2,nocombat,nostealth] Prowl”,
“–Cooldowns Feel free to remove any CD that you want to control yourself from this list”,
“/cast [notalent:5/2,combat] Berserking”,
“/cast [combat] Tiger’s Fury”,
“–Troll Racial (Can be changed to any Racial)”,
“/cast [combat,talent:7/3] Elune’s Guidance”,
“–This is insanely hard to control at times (It leaps around like a crackhead) If you do not like this you may remove the next line.”,
“/cast [talent:2/3] Wild Charge”,
},
PreMacro={
},
“–Opening Sequence”,
“/castsequence [nomod,notalent:1/3] reset=target Rake, null”,
“/castsequence [nomod,talent:1/3] reset=target Rake, Moonfire, null”,
“/castsequence [nomod,talent:6/3] reset=target Savage Roar, null”,
“/cast [nomod,combat] Ashamane’s Frenzy”,
“/castsequence [nomod,notalent:6/3] reset=target Rip, null”,
“–Main Rotation”,
“/cast [nomod,combat] Thrash”,
“/cast [nomod,talent:1/3] Moonfire”,
“/cast [nomod,notalent:6/2,combat] Shred”,
“/castsequence [nomod,notalent:6/2,combat] Shred, Rake”,
“/cast [nomod,talent:6/2,combat] Brutal Slash”,
“/castsequence [nomod,talent:6/2,combat] Brutal Slash, Rake”,
“/cast [talent:6/1,combat] Ferocious Bite”,
“/castsequence [talent:6/2,combat] reset=combat Ferocious Bite, Rip”,
“/castsequence [talent:6/3,combat] Rip, Ferocious Bite, Savage Roar”,
“/cast [nomod] Rake”,
“–PVP Stuff”,
“/castsequence [nomod,honortalent:6/3] reset=target Rip and Tear, null”,
“/cast [nomod,honortalent:3/3] Thorns”,
“/cast [honortalent:5/2] Enraged Maim”,
“–Self Heal (Renewal if talented)”,
“/cast [talent:2/1,combat,nomod] Renewal”,
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
“–Self Heal (Regrowth spam to use OoC procs without Bloodtalons talent)”,
“–ATTENTION!!! You must edit the next line so that the <Replace Me> is replaced with the button that your Regrowth macro resides on, and remove the --”,
“/click [nomod] BT4BUTTON97”,
},
},
[2] = {
Combat=true,
Trinket1=true,
Trinket2=true,
KeyPress={
“–ATTENTION!!! You must edit the next line so that each <Replace Me> is replaced with the button that Corresponds to the correct Combopoint Spender macro button and remove the --”,
“–General stuff”,
“–If you do not want the macro to immediately target and attack the next target then remove the next line (this can be problematic in dungeon groups if you are not careful)”,
“–If you do not like for the macro to stealth constantly then remove the next line”,
“–Cooldowns Feel free to remove any CD that you want to control yourself from this list”,
“–This is insanely hard to control at times (It leaps around like a crackhead) If you do not like this you may remove the next line.”,
},
PreMacro={
},
“–PVP Stuff”,
“–Opening Sequence”,
“–This also applies a Fresh Rake at each new target swap”,
“/castsequence [nomod] reset=target Rake, null”,
“/castsequence [talent:6/3] reset=combat Savage Roar, null”,
“–Modifiers”,
“–ATTENTION!!! You must edit the next line so that the <Replace Me> is replaced with the button that your Regrowth macro resides on, and remove the --”,
“/click [mod,talent:7/2] BT4BUTTON97”,
“–Combo point Builder (Main Rotation)”,
“–PVP Talent”,
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
“/cast [combat] Ashamane’s Frenzy”,
“/click [nomod,notalent:7/2] BT4BUTTON97”,
},
},
},
}

Sequences[‘DarkKitty’] = {
— This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.02.
Author=”Darkmanz”,
SpecID=103,
Talents = “any”,
Default=1,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
Combat=true,
Trinket1=true,
Trinket2=true,
KeyPress={
“–ATTENTION!!!! You must edit the next line so that each <Replace Me> is replaced with the button that Corresponds to the correct Combopoint Spender macro button and remove the –“,
“–General stuff”,
},
PreMacro={
},
“–Opening Sequence”,
“/castsequence [nomod,notalent:1/3] reset=target Rake, null”,
“/castsequence [nomod,talent:1/3] reset=target Rake, Moonfire, null”,
“/castsequence [nomod,talent:6/3] reset=target Savage Roar, null”,
“/castsequence [nomod,notalent:6/3] reset=target Rip, null”,
“–Main Rotation”,
“/castsequence [nomod,notalent:6/2,combat] Shred, Rake”,
“/castsequence [nomod,talent:6/2,combat] Brutal Slash, Rake”,
“/cast [talent:6/1,combat] Ferocious Bite”,
“/castsequence [talent:6/2,combat] reset=combat Ferocious Bite, Rip”,
“/castsequence [talent:6/3,combat] Rip, Ferocious Bite, Savage Roar”,
“/cast [nomod] Rake”,
“–PVP Stuff”,
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
“–Self Heal (Regrowth spam to use OoC procs without Bloodtalons talent)”,
“–ATTENTION!!!! You must edit the next line so that the <Replace Me> is replaced with the button that your Regrowth macro resides on, and remove the –“,
“/click [nomod] BT4BUTTON97”,
},
},
[2] = {
Combat=true,
Trinket1=true,
Trinket2=true,
KeyPress={
“–ATTENTION!!!! You must edit the next line so that each <Replace Me> is replaced with the button that Corresponds to the correct Combopoint Spender macro button and remove the –“,
“–General stuff”,
},
PreMacro={
},
“–PVP Stuff”,
“–Opening Sequence”,
“–This also applies a Fresh Rake at each new target swap”,
“/castsequence [nomod] reset=target Rake, null”,
“/castsequence [talent:6/3] reset=combat Savage Roar, null”,
“–Modifiers”,
“–ATTENTION!!!! You must edit the next line so that the <Replace Me> is replaced with the button that your Regrowth macro resides on, and remove the –“,
“/click [mod,talent:7/2] BT4BUTTON97”,
“–Combo point Builder (Main Rotation)”,
“–PVP Talent”,
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
“/cast [combat] Ashamane’s Frenzy”,
“/click [nomod,notalent:7/2] BT4BUTTON97”,
},
},
},
}

[quote quote=55691]

Here’s the feedback, as requested: What Talents are you using? 2 – 2 – 1 – 1 – 2 – 2 – 1 What level are you? 110 What is your item level? 940 Artifact Level is 70, and AK is 54 What Gear are you using (Trinkets Legos)? head + class ring In a group or solo? (n)hc raid + mythic+ Do you use a program like AHK or Synapse to spam the macro? steelseeries keyboard with 100ms autorepeat well…tested this macro for a couple of weeks….the “stand-alone” version and the “expert” one…the aoe dps is quite okay, but i have to say when it comes to bosses, the st damage is just horrible – for example my best log at goroth was about 39%. i modified the macro by setting some mod keys for cp spenders on my own, but no improvement at all….idk, maybe its me doing something wrong or missing something, and someone could help, cause at this point, because of the lack of boss damage, for me, this macro isnt usefull at all

I’m not surprised that the press and forget version is not yielding great single target results. As I stated when I posted this there is an issue where after an initial good burst the macro starts not spending combo points fast enough (Holding onto a full 5 stack for several seconds). I’m working on trying to sort out a fix, but the complexity of how Feral Builds and spends combo points makes this a very difficult rotation to wrap up into 1 button and tie a bow on it. I really intended for this version to be used for questing and LFR ect (people who don’t care about parse numbers, they just want to get the content down as lazily as possible) I am surprised that you cannot produce much higher results using Modifiers to manage your spenders and your Rake application. My guess without seeing logs or more feedback is that you are not spending properly and or not keeping Rake applied. It takes some practice and some critical thinking on the users part. Rake needs to be 100% while avoiding clipping as much as possible, If you talent Savage Roar it needs to be up 100%, and Rip needs to be up 100% while avoiding clipping. Points should only be spent on Ferocious Bite if Savage Roar AND Rip will not fall off before you can refresh both or if the target is below 25% and has a full 5 combo point RIP applied you can Ferocious Bite to refresh Rip at that point, but you must still watch the SR buff (if talented) and if you are trying to push the most pure single target that you can (worried about parse) then you should be talenting Savage Roar. Keep in mind though that Savage Roar is only slightly better than Brutal Slash (esp if you have Brutal Slash glyphs (and you should)) in pure single target fights while it is far worse than Brutal Slash on any fight with 2 or more targets. The example that you gave of Goroth is a terrible fight for Feral unless your setup for pure single target, but doing so would make you horrid at any add fight going forward. If you check the logs and you are managing 100% uptime on Rake and Rip i would be shocked if your parse remained that low. But if it is it may also come down to stats/ tier bonuses ect. [/quote]

thx for ur reply :slight_smile:

yeah, maybe its about the correct spending…i´ll make some extra weak auras and will testing it again. i only got one (maybe stupid) question: what do u mean with “brutal slash glyphs” which i should have?

Hi everyone
i pm’ed Dark about my problems but i figured i would ask here as well

When i have this macro going (even when i use version 2) the macro never uses Shred ? and the auto stealth out of combat does not work.
i tried to edit a few things to make them work and after removing the [notalent] auto stealth started working but i cant get the macro to use Shred.

i take it im doing something wrong due to so many people having no problems with it

im 110 - i have copied from here into GS - i use Dark’s Bear one and that is working perfect

last thing Thank you Dark for the awesome work you put into all the Macro’s

[quote quote=55910]Hi everyone i pm’ed Dark about my problems but i figured i would ask here as well
When i have this macro going (even when i use version 2) the macro never uses Shred ? and the auto stealth out of combat does not work. i tried to edit a few things to make them work and after removing the [notalent] auto stealth started working but i cant get the macro to use Shred.
i take it im doing something wrong due to so many people having no problems with it
im 110 – i have copied from here into GS – i use Dark’s Bear one and that is working perfect
last thing Thank you Dark for the awesome work you put into all the Macro’s
[/quote]

Hey thanks, and I’m sorry that I have not responded to your PM yet. I need to do some testing to see if I can reproduce your problem as I currently cannot. My auto stealth and Shred work as intended using the macro that I posted. I’ve not heard of anyone else reporting this problem.

Please let me know what talents you are running and I can see if I see a conflict.

I run 2213221

it seems to just use Trash as the combo builder
i use elvui as my UI in case that could do anything

other then that i don’t have anything out of the norm.

i have tried to relog in case of that odd switch spec’s problem you were talking about no luck

After 3 mins of having V1 going

EDIT: Ok so after playing around with it a bit more it seems everything works when i remove the numbers from them
Example /cast [notalent:5/2,nocombat,nostealth]
To /cast [notalent:nocombat,nostealth]
i did the same to Shred and now it works - now ofc my question is what are the numbers for ? and should i remove them all over the macro ?

Thx again Dark :slight_smile:

[quote quote=55936]I run 2213221
it seems to just use Trash as the combo builder i use elvui as my UI in case that could do anything
other then that i don’t have anything out of the norm.
i have tried to relog in case of that odd switch spec’s problem you were talking about no luck
After 3 mins of having V1 going
EDIT: Ok so after playing around with it a bit more it seems everything works when i remove the numbers from them Example /cast [notalent:5/2,nocombat,nostealth] To /cast [notalent:nocombat,nostealth] i did the same to Shred and now it works – now ofc my question is what are the numbers for ? and should i remove them all over the macro ?
Thx again Dark ???
[/quote]

Alright I have taken a deeper look at things. The numbers represent Talents chosen or not chose in your talent tree and are there for specific reasons.
Let me tackle this in 2 parts, First:

The No auto stealth is there if you choose Incarnation as a Talent. Reason: if you are solo and have Incarn chosen as a talent it will try to Stealth you when you pop incarn and cause mobs to reset (works like a vanish). People were griping about it so I put that condition in there… it might be better to say [nogroup] instead of [notalent:5/2] then atleast it would not try to fire when you are solo. but ultamately people will need to decide how they want that to work for themselves. Or you can remove it as you did, but you will experience the mob reset problem if you do.

second: The not using Shred. When I initially wrote this there were 2 very specific rotation paths… What I wanted it to do with Brutal Slash talent taken, and what I wanted it to do without Brutal Slash talent taken. Thus the [notalent:6/2] is intended for the No Brutal Slash talent line. However somewhere along the way in my edits I removed the Shred line when you are Brutal Slash talented. I can work it back in (and I will) but the bigger problem right now is that I am already building and holding far too many combo points before I spend and adding another line “Shred” is just going to be more combo point capping that I don’t want at this time.
I’m working on a fix, but be patient

waiting patiently…love your work

12/13/17- I have pushed a new version to the OP that deals with many of the concerns in the previous posts and improves the performance (I think, I ran a soft night of testing) atleast it does not cap and hold combo points for an eternity now.
If you previously edited the old one you will need to paste together your edited lines for spenders and Heal with the new macro.
Let me know how its working for everyone.