Decent Starter BM Macro

I began working with this macro and really appreciated it. I have to remember to slow the casting in Classic , I hope you don’t mind I created a “3” as well for pet taming. In the 3rd form I removed all reference to the pet. Otherwise your regular macro kept trying to call my original pet and nothing else….until I died or ran! With this option I was then able to move from the main version to the taming version quickly.

1 Like

Im going to try Pandabombs method /castsequence reset=target Hunter’s Mark, null and see if i can get the macro to work as i originally intended, without modifiers. Look for an update tomorrow

Pandabomb, how do i do it?

just add this to keypress, or main body?

/castsequence reset=target Hunter’s Mark, null

or is there more to it?

maybe this

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,Hunter’s Mark, Concussive Shot, null

Just check the one I posted, it’s editable.

This is a better and faster way to apply hunters mark.
While the GSE macro is running (Set default and PVP to 2)
make a regular macro and keybind it. Use this to Auto target when you press the bind. it Applies Hunters MArk, sends pet, starts autofire.

I like to use a rangefinder, stand just out of range so pet has a chance to get aggro, then step forward.

It fills in the gaps from the GSE pretty well.

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
/cast Hunter’s Mark
/petattack
/cast Charge
/cast Dive
/cast Dash
/cast Auto shot

IN DUNGEON

#showtooltip
/Assist TankName
/cast Hunter’s Mark
/petattack
cast Charge
/cast Dive
/cast Dash
/cast Auto shot

You will have to edit the macro every time you have a new person that you want to target off of.

Panda, im going to go try yours out now, i did try just adding the line, but it didnt work for me.

BTW, I’m running it at 150ms, haven’t tweaked that. It will skip over abilities your pet doesn’t have.

Meresiris

43m

I began working with this macro and really appreciated it. I have to remember to slow the casting in Classic , I hope you don’t mind I created a “3” as well for pet taming. In the 3rd form I removed all reference to the pet. Otherwise your regular macro kept trying to call my original pet and nothing else….until I died or ran! With this option I was then able to move from the main version to the taming version quickly.

Im Stoked your editing it! Make it better!

Ill mess around with that, no good when a macro locks up like that.

When taming, I would turn the macro off completely, best thing to do is to Drop an Ice Trap if you have one, Set Aspect of the Monkey, Pull the pet you want to tame with Concussive Shot, start taming.

The biggest problem with classic for hunters is that Auto Fire turns off if you turn your back, Im going to make a setting that ONLY does autofire and the Melee stuff.

UPDATE

Ive noticed Auto-shot looks weird on the swing timer with this macro, will try removing it . might lose a tiny bit of dps, i dont know, will have to test.

I agree with your technique for taming. At a low level the only thing I had was Aspect of the Monkey, not much silver and a lot of luck!!

Here is the adapted Feed pet from bag macro, put the food you want in the upper left, first slot.

/cast Feed Pet
/use 0 1

biggest problem with this macro is it keeps wanting to toggle autoshot on and off, i just found out that putting /cast autoshot in the pre macro section and setting repeat limit to null will stop that.

Im not positive, but i think having /startattack might be messing it up as well, i think i know how to deal with it. if my idea doesnt work then I could make 2 macros, one with for ranged and one for melee, but that defeats the purpose of this, to make it easy for us lazy, lazy hunter.

off to test it, then if its good ill repost, i don’t have “classic” in the title of this version.

1 Like

new version on the way, 2 macros , one for melee one for ranged, i like them combined, but …

2 Likes

Deleted the macro was junk didn’t work

Ill try it out , it doesn’t keep spamming hunter’s mark til your out of mana or keep toggling autoshot on n off?

I’ve posted 3 new macros to take its place, the OG kept trying to go into melee and screwing with autoshot.

how can you say this works flawlessly? its fires 2 serpent stings and never resets unless you switch targets. I’m telling you guys, timer macros were broken by blizzard and are now completely useless.

Yah it is broken don’t use I’ll edit post when i get home. It took me a while to notice I was eating mana by firing serpent too much.

I had to go to a regular macro. Gse macros just don’t work for me.

You can fix it, put Serpent in the pre macro box, enter 55 in repeat (adjust to how fast you spam it, will reset when out of combat anyway), and it will just fire once (you can tune it with the repeat number to fire when serpent wears off, i did it by trial and error, but math would be better.

Hi Adam,
In Dungeons and Raids I get a request to hold back the pet and to just use Furious Howl while I am attacking. What is your suggestion on how to incorporate in the Macro? I would carry it as an option 4.

Then for the last option I need to set up a Rhok’delar option to get the bow!

/cleartarget [dead][help]
/targetenemy [noexists]
/castsequence [harm] reset=target Hunter’s Mark, null
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot
/cast !Auto Shot
/startattack
/petattack

From my experience in Classic I found out that /startattack initiates auto shot. IF you then add in /cast autoshot it creates the problem. Discussing this with others the preferred way was simply to start with
/startattack

1 Like