Decent Starter BM Macro

**Edit 2, I have made 3 new combat macros to take the place of this one, keeping melee and ranged attacks separate, along with a one push macro that targets, marks and starts shooting. **

EDIT THE ORIGINAL MACRO FAILED in many ways, I totally redid it.

I was working on this but the server restart, I’m still at level 8, but it should work ok to get you started at low level. I have a lot to add to it, I would say it will get you thru level 16 or so.

*This macro will auto target, put a hunter’s mark only once (so as not to burn up your mana), Sends pet to attack, Starts Autoshot, applies serpent sting only when target doesnt already have serpent sting on it (also to not burn all your mana), Shoots Concussive shot if target is not slowed, Shoots Arcane Shot.
*Then it starts Meele attack, uses Mongoose Bite if that’s available, and Raptor Strike on cooldown.
thats what i wanted it to do, but it locks up a lot, try the new ones
So you can kite, pet tank, or finish with melee attack (especially at low level before you have a pet)

I will add additional ability’s to next revision, and imake it so it auto feeds pet from a bag slot.

The Classic Hunter has kind of a tricky rotation, there wont be a “Raid Capable” one button macro, because special shots need to be woven between autoshot, but I should be able to put something together that will be good for PVP, Dungeons, and World Content. I have a lot of experience with Vanilla private servers, so its fresh in my mind. Ill do my best to make you guys some good macros.

-Night Elf Mohawk

This is my first share, hopefully it works.

NONE OF THE HUNTERS MARK SERPENT STING CONCUSSIVE SHOT WORKED AS INTENDED

THIS is the new Improved Macro.

dauEfaWjIcZIkjULQa)sudtvqhJIwge9mIQMMQKUgrW2uLOVPkHXPkkNtvuToiyGujvhefTqQepevnrIexuvK2iruFKkjnsIKojrQEPQuMjrPBIc7KWqPclLOYtjnvLYwvfXxjs5SujL3cj3fsTxPbdCyHfRkupMstwP6Yk2mrrFMkA0OYPf51qOzJs3wv1UvYVHA4QkhxvilNQEUkth56uy7er(UQunEIqNNk1(bDn7wfMvL2tzQY(uxRcKDR6wWol6QYlltvLoFvPoECYwbYQmCtCjBfiRYWnXLSoynUkqwLPbXH9vLC4TJeDDx1JF8JnynUQmILrWk9fnEjnlkHx1LQsXy5CWRkqw1r4j3vGSQugzggSufMvLls7vGSkJW6Xpz8xcVUUvHz3QWSA2ghbbm92ynqGYHPkqwnZhhbbmWlNy8nqGljAQq(QzBCeeix8rypeOKpH4uXRvZ24iiGPbHHaLdtviHQzBCee4sIMkEz1mFCeeG6hVJqWsOHaPLwoHaE20xfVOAMpoccq9J3riyj0qapEznUljPbcuomvXZQM5JJGau)4DeuUKmj0qGunw04LXbbmcpIv88Qz(4iia1pEhbEYZIgcyyWsPhOCyQcZhwnBJJGaE249kmnRM5JJGGnoJ1(4pc))vHjYQzBCeeOw)mwUQYIXFYM(tuvZQVnULByN4MUvQQsZNKnwwkHxv15rgZIsbBvh4JyewpUBLQ6WpmcRh3TkmRMTXrqatVnwdeOCyQu13g3o8ZDDRcZQzBCeeGAH)gYvw49j2rdb8blle4yOkqwntH35qZA(DdbOw4rIPJo0O2NyhnkUH9dDfYxn)neeeefweR41QzBCeeWZfENtfsOA2ghbbmnimeOCyQuPkq2TkmRMTXrqatIclIvGSA2ghbbm92ynqGYHPkKVAMpoccyGxoX4BGaxs0uXRvZ24iiqU4JWEiqjFcXPcjunBJJGaMgegcuomvXlRMTXrqGljAQ4fvZ8XrqaQF8ocblHgcKwA5ec4ztFv8SQz(4iia1pEhHGLqdb84L14UKKgiq5WufpVAMpoccq9J3rq5sYKqdbs1yrJxgheWi8iwH5dRM5JJGau)4De4jplAiGHblLEGYHPkmnRMTXrqapB8EfMiRM5JJGGnoJ1(4pc))vHP8vZ24iiqT(zSCvLfJ)Kn9NOQMvFBCl3WoXnDRuvLMpjBSSucVQQZJmMfLc2QVnUD4N76wfMvZmVlDeei38Xg259eXX8U0rY4eX)ubYQzk8ohAwZVBia1cpsmD0Hg1(e7OrXnSFORq(QzBCeeWZfENtfVwnBJJGaMgegcuomvQQd)WiSEC3QWSA2ghbbm92ynqGYHPsvDGpIry94UvQuPQ63yLUuQq(QBP)59GfX0YzfMvD8ehvGSuPwWEASLEY
Talents CLASSIC

This macro contains 2macro versions. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.14.

• The Default macro is 1
  • Timewalking Dungeons use version 1
  • Raids use version 2
  • PVP uses version 2
  • Normal Dungeons use version 2
  • Heroic Dungeons use version 2
  • Mythic Dungeons use version 2
  • Mythic+ Dungeons use version 2
  • Open World Parties use version 2
Macro Version 1
Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro:

KeyPress: Contains various utility functions.

Main Sequence:

Macro Version 2

Pre Macro:

Main Sequence:

2 Likes

thanks you will give this a try :slight_smile:

criteria like if unbuffed etc will not work in classic as the game runs off Legion api

EDIT I was wrong,they didn’t work, totally revamped macro now

It works you just have to write the macro a little different , played around til i found what works, (you ARE correct, vanilla macro language doesn’t work), so i tried some other things til it did.

GSE also MAKES it possible to do things like /castsequence that also wont work in either vanilla or legion/retail api. Its Magic? IDK how it works, but it does, creators of this addon are next level badasses!

example, OLD vanilla macro
/run if not buffed(“Hunter’s Mark”,‘target’) then cast(“Hunter’s Mark”);end

GSE Classic version

/Cast [if not buffed: Hunter’s Mark] Hunter’s Mark

It works, i tried it, took a few tries to get it to work, if it didn’t the macro keeps applying Mark over and over til you are Oom, even in melee.

Maybe give things a try before immediately dismissing as impossible?

This is NEW OLD territory, uncharted waters!

Testers, let me know what you want it to do, or if you want a version that does other things, i’m sitting in queue now, but i added a few things, another configuration without Concussive shot, and With mend pet for pet tanking.

Also working on a separate “keep your pet HAPPY” one button macro, they will run away in Classic, and do 125% more damage fully happy, so as soon as I get a pet I will sort that out.

Would Anyone know the current language to write this?
/script if (GetActionCooldown(i)<12)

when I tried all it did was spam serpent sting but i wonder if the old is sort of half there. Like when you couldn’t add ifinmelee range till you had hamstring unlocked.I wonder if some of that has is still present.

thanks but can you make it use shoot bow in macro so you get fast tag with mobs… please

I’m not sure why, but the detect buff isn’t working with Serpent String, It is however working with hunters mark. It’s spamming serpent a lot :frowning: Also, how do you know what rank of spell it’s casting? does it auto default to highest rank?

Yeah it seems whatever goes into the premacro goes accurate as it should, but anything in the main sequence ignores ifunbuffed. I have tried putting multiple things in the premacro but only 1 item would fire off and not another.

Question, do the GSE macros use the highest rank spell, or does it need to list the rank level?

It automatically fires the highest rank, same as a /cast arcane shot regular macro will.

Now it looks like Hunter’s Mark and Serpent sting ARE refreshing too often, i moved Hunters mark to the pre Macro and that seemed to help, BUT it only resets when you go out of combat, trying to figure out how to change that so it will reset a different way. I could Swear they were working right before the server restart. I had the macro Oom me on a mob, Added the [if not buffed] parts, fought the SAME mob and kept 75% mana, so…i just don’t know…

Revive Pet takes a ton of mana and the pet comes back almost dead until later levels when you have the talents, I forgot about that, in retail it springs back to life, ready to go. I will be adding a version without it, since if your pet dies you might have a better chance of surviving going to melee, or wing clippijng and kiting.

Serpent sting is a mana waster anyway, new version will have it as a modifier only (press shift for Serpent Sting). I will try to make it so it Casts the right sting for the class you have targeted. (Viper Sting mana drain for mana users, Scorpid Sting for warrior/rouges, etc)

I have the Feed pet from Bag slot macro working, will that as soon as i can log in again as a gse one. Or cut n paste this into your regular macros.
#showtooltip
/cast Feed Pet
/cast [pet] 0 1

put food in first backpack slot

Now if anyone can help change the vanilla version into a classic one, this only feeds pet when its not 125% happy. This is a macro Raziya the Ravager wrote for Vanilla private servers, and it worked great there. (check out his hunter guides, the guy is a hunter GOD)

/run local c=CastSpellByName if UnitExists(“pet”) then if UnitHealth(“pet”)==0 then c(“Revive Pet”) elseif GetPetHappiness()~=nil and GetPetHappiness()~=3 then c(“Feed Pet”) PickupContainerItem(0, 13) else c(“Dismiss Pet”) end else c(“Call Pet”) end

If your pet is dismissed, this macro will call it. If your pet is called and happy, this macro will dismiss it. If your pet is called and unhappy, this macro will feed it the item in the bottom left corner of your backpack. If your pet’s dead, it’ll be revived.

Ill keep messing with it and hopefully get something that works.

I use /castsequence reset=target Hunter’s Mark, null and it works beautifully. Also, if conditionals no longer work because the Classic macro system is based on the Retail version. Basically, if it doesn’t work in retail, it won’t work in Classic. There may be a few exceptions, but no one has definitively found any differences yet that I am aware.

1 Like

I’m having more problems with Auto Shot than anything else because the ! doesn’t work anymore. the best I’ve been able to do is separate Ranged and Melee into two separate macros. One I did that, everything fell into place.

where are you putting /castsequence reset=target Hunter’s Mark, null ? when i added it to the above macro it turned red text and isnt working

I believe I have it in the Button Press box. I’m not able to look atm though.

Edit: I am not using the above macro. I couldn’t get it to work right.

This is what I’m working with. If you put any melee in the macro it will bork it up. I use a separate macro for melee range.

dud7baWssO3sO0RjPMPuQztWnHOFrkUnHStf2l1UvA)c(lj43IAOKsdwKHtQCqsYXiYXLIwOQAPqyXKOwoupuc9uKLrQ65cnrPIPkPjlbth1fjrUkHkpJqX1H0gjk1wjkzZefTDIk9rIcZsQ0NLQgPe5YGrlfoSkNuI6Xk60QY5LsUhrv3LqvFIOITKREizQK4gvLqOacvdzOuhfOQh6D1u9eGLJMk2wfrLlAQdiZdvG9qYePdML74HymPcLBKXM0EBH7NfPSjK3eNLfGJV8gD1djx9qYKM5f5i0ef2jesHegIalpF4EGdPqIaSoy5qI4323nKwubbp0BsZ8ICiPcpVfcjQrMn1oN11(j6XMmvmls5J93uj4k4VPbmv7VPpiW(BcXB7L83uf)w1al5VPk(TQbwV)Mq82E9(BsrOLwmeJU6HKjn8H7bgwquRqsSBUXHf1TaCfeVzted6Kn6o5xEnrqtuy53jysBoYiVjo7QztAXaYBIZU6HKjnZlYrOjkStiKcjmebwE(W9ahsHuj0LbSCIHeYdRUBiTOccMnPi0cbiaxeC1SzZMqEl6juEzalxy5xE93SzBaHUNTER_RANGED_ST
Talents CLASSIC

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.14.

Macro Version 1

Pre Macro:

Main Sequence:

Put /cast Hunter’s Mark in the Pre-Macro, and do not set a loop function . It will just cast it once then until the Macro resets, when you go out of combat. Other wise instep of getting little or no shots of you cab find yourself trying to do nothing but constantly casting hunter’s mark.

/cast Aspect of the Cheetah
/cast Aspect of the Hawk

made this just with normal /m menu u can switch fast between the 2 aspects

Did a total overhaul. Now we cant use our beloved vanilla macros that keep us from draining mana, so i used modifiers instead. I could SWEAR they worked monday before tuesdays update, but definitely not anymore. This is the old version /Castspelbyname() (if not buffed Hunter’s Mark) Hunter’s Mark ,and what i tried /cast [if not buffed Hunter’s Mark] hunter’s mark…neither work, they just keep applying it til you oom.

APOLOGIES to Krugdunk,i was wrong.

I’m Level 20 now and updated the macro, now it works pretty damn good.

Many of you have probably noticed that Autoshot turns off when you turn away from target, thats messed up, impossible to do jump shots, or even strafe kite without having to constantly turn it back on. With this it stays on.

I removed res pet because cast time is too long, and pet comes back to life with 10% stamina anyway, so useless.

Here is What the NEW version does.

Calls Pet if you Dont have it out
Targets Nearest Enemy (When not in dungeon/group)
(press Shift) Applies Hunters Mark
Sends Pet to attack target
Uses Dash or Charge pet ability (dont put on autocast)
Fires Arcane Shot off cooldown
(press Alt) to fire Concussive Shot
(hold Shift) Fires Multi-Shot Off cooldown

Then, if the Target gets to Melee Range
Starts Auto Attack with melee weapon
(press Alt) to Wing Clip
Uses Mongoose Bite if Available (very handy)
Uses Raptor Strike

DUNGEON/GROUP mode has an additional feature, since we cant make focus targets for some reason on classic, go to first line of the Keypress Section and change the name in /Assist ReplaceWithName to either the Tank, OR what i like to use, the Highest Dps/ most experienced member of your group. It should work when you press the button, if you dont like it , or switches targets too fast, make a separate Target Macro like this one.
/Assist NAME
put it on a separate key bind and tap that to swap targets.

NOTHING increases your DPS more than getting on target Fast, and always having something to attack. Swapping targets fast will make your dps soar.

Im going to edit this, then start a fresh post to let my shame die. I wrote the first one before i had a pet, or abilities, so didnt know what would work.

deK2kaWjcOzbs1TaO6xcnmqOogLSmfXZiOMgLkxdKY2Ou4BGGghiKZbcSoqY9aOmqfjPdsOwOIupeLMibWfbiAJks8rfjvJKG4KeGEjiYmPu6MOODsXqbWsPu1tjnvq1wvKu(kbQZQijElkCxKQ9QAWIoSulgGWJjAYkQlt1MPu0NjKrJQonqVgPy2i52GYUv43igoGooiQLl45knDORJkBNG03jqgpaPZJuA)s(wh(nwxfmGuSAlGCQCZKd)k8MYh4EL1wXQkGSxzslYdkVzYvM0I8GsaO42BMCviEGakVzYvM9GRPeWb6bH6deKm(0xfaUHiNmUzYva6as7ntUkaUnBok8gRRmBzGm18Wcsg7HFJ1HFJ11OSxSsXbzp8kvEcEZKRr2EXkzsgIiK1RCAq0Vr4RrzVyL23arsOsfdG043y31OSxSsXCiPsLNG3aTRrzVyLtdI(n24AKTxSsgWiZq1ui9kfm4quLSuGaVbcVgz7fRKbmYmunfsVswYqYTlOq9kvEcEdeDnY2lwjdyKzOuEqBI0RuiCd0dcCRKzhO5gi4AKTxSsgWiZqXIbk6vYKJcbbCLNG3ybXxJYEXkzPAbDJL11iBVyLW55gZEyrcmG3yn5Au2lwPkdUl5VAlHa0wqyG4vRRqYP1ENY71p8Jxv0bofUHebjJRQdzoFGGn1vailYSLbYHF8kabNzldKd)gRRrzVyLIdYE4vQ8e84vi50cqW39WVX6Au2lwjJbbOJqFqM9EMELSnfvLa44ntUgXoiYrF4WOTsgdIdOGlU0zm79mDg8ofq63i81iqhRSrSL0CJDxJYEXkz57Gi)gODnk7fRumhsQu5j4XJ3m5WVX6Au2lwPyeBjn3m5Au2lwP4GShELkpbVr4Rr2EXkzsgIiK1RCAq0VXURrzVyL23arsOsfdG043aTRrzVyLI5qsLkpbVXgxJYEXkNge9BGWRr2EXkzaJmdvtH0RuWGdrvYsbc8gi6AKTxSsgWiZq1ui9kzjdj3UGc1Ru5j4nqW1iBVyLmGrMHs5bTjsVsHWnqpiWTsMDGMBSG4Rr2EXkzaJmdflgOOxjtokeeWvEcEJL11OSxSswQwq3yn5AKTxSs48CJzpSibgWBSe(Au2lwPkdUl5VAlHa0wqyG4vRRqYP1ENY71p8Jxv0bofUHebjJRQdzoFGGn1vi50cqW39WVX6Au8UGlwP9oqQw6cce5fVl4IcCnnm)MjxJYEXkz57Gi)gHVgL9Ivo3l)n2Dnk7fRumhsQu5j4XRaeCMTmqo8BSUgL9Ivkoi7HxPYtWJxbGSiZwgih(XJ3i8HFJ11OSxSsXbzp8kvEcEZKRr2EXkzsgIiK1RCAq0Vr4RrzV46qMZhsVYkd(6iGHDqKJvwPq4gOhe4wjZoqd0RCWrrDJDxJYEX1HmNpKELvg81rad7GihRSswYqYTlOq9kvEcc9khCuu3aTRrzV46qMZhsVYkd(6iGHDqKJvwP6bG(aRurWHiOx5GJI6gBCnk7fxhYC(q6vwzWxhbmSdICSYkfm4quLSuGaHELdokQBGWRrzVyL23arsOsfdG043arxJYEXkfZHKkvEcEdeCnk7fRCAq0VXcIVgz7fRKbmYmunfsVsbdoevjlfiWBSSUgz7fRKbmYmunfsVswYqYTlOq9kvEcEJ1KRr2EXkzaJmdLYdAtKELcHBGEqGBLm7an3yj81iBVyLmGrMHIfdu0RKjhfcc4kpbVXYURrzVyLSuTGUXcAxJS9IvcNNBm7HfjWaEJLnUgL9IvQYG7s(R2siaTfegiE16kKCAT3P8E9d)4vfDGtHBirqY4Q6qMZhiytDfsoTae8Dp8BSUgL9IvYyqa6i0hKzVNPxjBtrvjaoEZKRrSdIC0homARKXG4ak4IlDgZEptNbVtbK(ncFnc0XkBeBjn3y31OSxSsw(oiYVbAxJYEXkfZHKkvEcE8kabNzldKd)gRRrzVyLIdYE4vQ8e84vailYSLbYHF84n2D43yDnk7fRuCq2dVsLNG3m5AKTxSsMKHicz9kNge9Be(Au2lwP9nqKeQuXain(n2Dnk7fRumhsQu5j4nq7Au2lw50GOFJnUgz7fRKbmYmunfsVsbdoevjlfiWBGWRr2EXkzaJmdvtH0RKLmKC7ckuVsLNG3arxJS9IvYagzgkLh0Mi9kfc3a9Ga3kz2bAUbcUgz7fRKbmYmuSyGIELm5Oqqax5j4nwq81OSxSswQwq3yzDnY2lwjCEUXShwKad4nwtUgL9IvQYG7s(R2siaTfegiE16kKCAT3P8E9d)4vfDGtHBirqY4Q6qMZhiytDfsoTae8Dp8BSUgL9IvYyqa6i0hKzVNPxjBtrvjaoEZKRrSdIC0homARKXG4ak4IlDgZEptNbVtbK(ncFnc0XkBeBjn3y31OSxSsw(oiYVbAxJYEXkfZHKkvEcE8kabNzldKd)gRRrzVyLIdYE4vQ8e84vailYSLbYHF84XRkqxkGcWncF1(gC(MjxHdcZfutrd4q0nwxfZH8KW1P0bPdOt1PEGaiaeCuC7XJ)aWEASLEY
Talents CLASSIC

This macro contains 4macro versions. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.14.

• The Default macro is 1
  • Timewalking Dungeons use version 1
  • Raids use version 2
  • Normal Dungeons use version 2
  • Heroic Dungeons use version 2
  • Mythic Dungeons use version 2
  • Mythic+ Dungeons use version 2
  • Open World Parties use version 2
Macro Version 1

Pre Macro:

Main Sequence:

Macro Version 2

Pre Macro:

Main Sequence:

Macro Version 3

Pre Macro:

Main Sequence:

Macro Version 4

Pre Macro:

Main Sequence:

Ill try that,m thanks much!