Demonology – 5.0

[quote quote=3395]

Infernus wrote: Guys, parsed through recount, nearly 20% of your DPS comes from 100% up time on Corruption AND Doom. 100% uptime of doom and corruption is not negotiable.
I agree fully on this hence made some fully functional macros to suit. Meta/doom/cancel meta – hit button 3 times and always use as an opener on boss fights – I really don’t see any sense using it on trash that dies fast. #showtooltip Metamorphosis /cast [nochanneling] Metamorphosis /cast Doom /cancelaura [channeling] Metamorphosis This will place you in Metamorphosis form on first button press, second button press will cast Doom and third button press will cancel Metamorphosis form. The whole process takes one second two at most. This is my main casting macro once Doom,Curse of the Elements and Corruption are up. (Note well that I do these manually as I tried to incorporate them in this macro but they kept overwriting themselves all the time even with reset=300 hence a major mana/dps loss) If anyone can make it so it doesn’t overwrite then feel free to post your method. #showtooltip /castsequence reset=target Hand of Gul’dan,Fel Flame,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Fel Flame /cast Command Demon Note only 2 Shadow Bolts are necessary and Fel Flame is a must because this keeps your Corruption up permanently for the duration of the fight. I tried with 3 Shadow Bolts but Hand of Gul’dan was off CD too much. The reason for only 2 Shadow Bolts is because of Molten Core procs which spends time anyway casting Soulfire. I found I was getting enough procs to never have HoG off CD. As far as a Metamorphosis macro goes I haven’t got there yet but my priorities are 1 Meta macro putting up Doom 2 CoE 3 Corruption 4 Rotation Macro/Soulfire on proc Hope this helps some of you guys. Oh and by the way Imp Swarm is a dps loss overall unless it is needed for burst in certain situations only. Major glyphs should be Siphon Life and Demon Training and whatever for third slot – I chose Soulstone now it can be used as a brez. Reason I chose Demon Training is because our Wrathguard is huge dps for us and to have 20% extra damage is a huge gain. Only use other pets situationally. Oh and last but not least a macro for pets CC abilities. Just swap out the ability with whatever or make many macros like this. In this example just swap all the words ‘Mesmerize’ with ‘Banish’ for example and it will work. Pressing alt will clear your focus. #showtooltip Mesmerize /clearfocus [modifier:alt] /focus [@focus,noexists] /cast [@focus,exists][@target,exists] Mesmerize /y Casting Mesmerize on %F [/quote]

Ok the main castsequence is a problem. Here is why; Hand of Gul’dan should be casted every time it’s up. If you use this on trash you’ll get 2 hits and then the macro will break. Won’t work, now for bosses it’s fine but for trash it’s terrible. HoG is great on Trash because it spreads damage to all mobs.

As for a macro on how to get it work with Corruption and such, should be easy.

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements, Corruption, null
/cast !Shadow Bolt
/cast Hand of Gul’Dan
/cast Command Demon

If you want to implement Fel Flame then it would be the above macro but the second line would be different.

/castsequence reset=target Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Fel Flame
/cast Hand of Gul’Dan
/cast Command Demon

This is the only way you can get HoG to work on every CD. If you put it in a sequence it will not work and the macro will freeze.

[quote quote=3430]

Ok the main castsequence is a problem. Here is why; Hand of Gul’dan should be casted every time it’s up. If you use this on trash you’ll get 2 hits and then the macro will break. Won’t work, now for bosses it’s fine but for trash it’s terrible. [/quote]

Thanks for your input Michael I wasn’t having any trash problems (macro never broke) it cast as it should do but your layout is a lot better. I see your point in using HoG’s charges when available. The way I had it set up caused HoG to be used at set intervals which is not so good.

Going with your castsequence macro because Fel Flame keeps corruption up.

Hi Guys,

Ive been playing around with this quite a lot and you actually need 3 different spamable macros for each form that you take (standard, meta & Demon Hunting). Pretty sure in time Wow lazy macros will improve on these three but this is what i have now…

First of all you use this macro in standard form untill your demonic rage at 100%, use soul fire on proc as prio …

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,Hand of Gul’dan,Corruption,Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt

when demonic rage at 100% hit metamorphosis and use the macro below, still use soul fire on proc…

/castsequence reset=target Doom,Chaos Wave,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos

now the one below i am sure is not right yet but i just use it for surviving in pvp and so i can still throw some damage out. This is the one i use when in demon hunting form - ideas please??

/castsequence reset=target Hand of Gul’dan,Corruption,demonic slash

anyway hope this helps and really looking forward to wow lazy macros update of my three macros

glyph of Shadowflame removes the charges from HoG but reduces the slow effect. The item tooltip says slow is increased to 70% but I believe it to be wrong. This glyph allows HoG to be put right in to a macro rotation without fear of lockout due to its cooldown.

i posted a long post with macros on this forum but its not showing - any idea why?

I found them in the spam section, sorry about that. Not sure what caused this.

[quote quote=3430]

If you want to implement Fel Flame then it would be the above macro but the second line would be different.

/castsequence reset=target Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Fel Flame
/cast Hand of Gul’Dan
/cast Command Demon This is the only way you can get HoG to work on every CD. If you put it in a sequence it will not work and the macro will freeze. [/quote]

I tried this macro out Michael and HoG won’t cast when it should - ie not the first cast which it should do especially on packs/trash mobs. In fact i used it on a dummy till my mana ran out and it didn’t cast once.

My old macro above does work and HoG can be used in a /castsequence - for sure it will lock up if you don’t have enough fillers for the CD and it will also not cast as soon as it is ready some times because of soulfire procs taking time to cast but what can you do?!! My idea with my macro was to get it as close as possible without locking up, a few seconds lost without HoG casting is better than the macro locking up until HoG is available off CD.

The other problem with a /cast Hand of Gul’Dan on a separate line is it may even cast HoG twice in a row which should not be done because of the 6 second dot and I am pretty sure if it is cast twice in a row it won’t stack hence a waste of dps. So we got 2 choices - either do HoG manually or /castsequence and get it as close as possible without lockups. What and how much is inserted as fillers depends on haste as well. Personally I am going to weave in Life Tap now since Blizz in all their wisdom nerfed any mana procs from spells. Prepatch I couldn’t run out of mana if i tried.

Problem fixed - the capital D in Gul’dan was stopping it from working but it works as intended now. This is actually the preferred method.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt, Fel Flame
/cast Hand of Gul’dan
/cast Command Demon

Hand of Gul’dan works in none of these macros, it will lay down the Curse, then Corruption then spam shadow bolts but never once does Hand of Gul’dan, whether I use Glyph of Shadowflame or not. I always seem to have to put it on another button and use it that way.

It’s an error when copying from the site, just shift + click on the spell book for just that spell and it should work.

Any ideas about mana management, I am burning through it at an insane rate regardless of my use of Life Tap. Nobody really adresses Soul Fire (Molten Core Prcos) usage for mana. I am using the above marco:

#showtooltip /castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements, Corruption, null

/cast Hand of Gul’dan

/cast Command Demon

At 900 Demonic Fury I use:

#showtooltip /castsequence reset=20/target Metamorphosis, Doom, Touch of Chaos, Touch of Chaos, Touch of Chaos

Then back to orginal DPS marco.

By about 4-5 minutes into Dummy damage I am bone dry on mana and at minimum level of health.

DPS is around 23K by time I burn through all mana and can’t use Life Tap anymore.

The problem is that SBolt uses up more mana than any other spell and the other trees have a mana regen spell while demo does not. That is something you’ll have to talk to Blizzard about.

I still have an issue with HoG recasting before the 6 second dot is used up when it has 2 charges when using /cast Hand of Gul’dan. I have tried using /cast reset=6 Hand of Gul’dan but that won’t cast it at all even with a ! in front of it.

Any ideas on how to get the reset=6 working properly? Because as we know using the 2 charges in a row is a massive waste of aoe dps.

Hello MichaelJackson, reset=6 just means that the ability will reset after 6 seconds of the macro key not being used. To make it work the way you want is either by putting it on a sequence with other stuff in between or putting it under a spell with a cooldown, kinda like trying to control it depending on the spell above.

I’ve been working on a PvE Demo macro, out of necessity really, most of the macro’s I have seen or tried seem to lock up during the sequences, this macro, is something that works for me

the macro has a modifier for Hand of Guldan

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

/castsequence [mod]Hand of Gul’dan;reset=target Curse of the Elements, Corruption, null

/cast Imp Swarm

/cast Dark Soul: Knowledge

Trinkets can be added between the main castsequence line and Imp Swarm to avoid lockups

I’ve been toying around trying to fit a modifier for Soul Fire but also being able to get HoG into the sequence, what I’ve managed to come up with is below, it seems to work, but will need testing

/targetenemy [noharm][dead] /castsequence [mod]Soul Fire;reset=target Curse of the Elements, Corruption, null /castsequence reset=target Shadow Bolt, Hand of Gul’dan, Shadow Bolt, Fel Flame /cast Imp Swarm /cast Dark Soul: Knowledge

I’m reposting this bacaule I cant edit the previous post

/castsequence [mod]Soul Fire;reset=target Curse of the Elements, Corruption, null

/castsequence reset=target Shadow Bolt, Hand of Gul’dan, Shadow Bolt, Fel Flame

/cast Imp Swarm

[quote quote=3579]I’m reposting this bacaule I cant edit the previous post

/castsequence [mod]Soul Fire;reset=target Curse of the Elements, Corruption, null

/castsequence reset=target Shadow Bolt, Hand of Gul’dan, Shadow Bolt, Fel Flame

/cast Imp Swarm

/cast Dark Soul: Knowledge [/quote]

Testing this has the problem you will always have using HoG in a castsequence - ie-switching targets causes HoG to cause a waiting period and that waiting time lengthens as time passes. I suppose this also depends when you switch as far as timing goes but in a party/raid scenario you can’t afford down time in any case.

Edit - Oh the other thing is Corruption drops because of the length of the sequence and imagine you get 5 SF procs to deal with then it’s well a truly gone.

Thank you very much for pointing out those issue swith the macro michael, after some more work and some frustrated desk headbutting, I’ve re-worked the macro, unfortunately due to RL work and various other annoying WoW interruptions I havent been able to test it, any opinions would be very helpful

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null

/castsequence [mod]Soul Fire;reset=target/2 Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Fel Flame

/cast Imp Swarm

HoG has been removed to avoid the delay time