Demonology – 5.1

This lazy macro works with a smooth rotation. I had to rearrange the spells since they were not cooperating. I hope you guys like it. If you can make it any better please post your version to let us know.

This is an Extended Macro ← Click for more info

I included a modifier to start the Metamorphosis phase, only use it once when Metamorphosis is flashing.

/castsequence [mod]Metamorphosis;[form]reset=target Doom,null
/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,Corruption,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Imp Swarm
/castsequence [form] reset=0.3 0,0,Shadow Bolt
/castsequence [form][noform] reset=0.3 0,Hand of Gul'dan
/castsequence [noform] reset=5/target Shadow Bolt,Soul Fire,Fel Flame
/cast [form] Dark Soul: Knowledge
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

Just a few comments Luis. Wouldn’t

cast both spells only once for that target and never again because of the null? I can understand it is good for CoE because it lasts a long time but wouldn’t corruption fall off when it should always be on?

The other thing is should /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Imp Swarm have 4 0’s in it when the spell below has only 2?

[quote quote=5403]Just a few comments Luis. Wouldn’t

cast both spells only once for that target and never again because of the null? I can understand it is good for CoE because it lasts a long time but wouldn’t corruption fall off when it should always be on?

The other thing is should /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Imp Swarm have 4 0’s in it when the spell below has only 2?

[/quote]

Hi Michael, yea I miss the extra 0 while I was testing. I was falling asleep pretty bad lol.
Corruption gets renewed by Fel Flame I believe.

Thanks for spotting the extra 0, but it shouldn’t affected anything =)

Fel Flame increases the duration of Corruption by 6 seconds. If Corruption has 2 seconds left, it will only extend it to 8 seconds. If an instant SF proc doesn’t happen it’s a long cast and if there is heavy boss fight movement it may eventually drop off. Just a suggestion in case.

/castsequence reset=target/alt Curse of the Elements,Corruption,null

so at least hitting alt will refresh it to full duration. I cannot test it anyway because I got rid of demo for aff. But from previous experience I have had it drop off using that method. Plus most boss fights last for more than 5 minutes as well (Raiding).

[quote quote=5405]Fel Flame increases the duration of Corruption by 6 seconds. If Corruption has 2 seconds left, it will only extend it to 8 seconds. If an instant SF proc doesn’t happen it’s a long cast and if there is heavy boss fight movement it may eventually drop off. Just a suggestion in case.

/castsequence reset=target/alt Curse of the Elements,Corruption,null

so at least hitting alt will refresh it to full duration. I cannot test it anyway because I got rid of demo for aff. But from previous experience I have had it drop off using that method. Plus most boss fights last for more than 5 minutes as well (Raiding).
[/quote]

Good suggestion to add the Alt in case have to refresh it, but after many minutes spamming the macro the spell never dropped off.

I’m not completely sure about this but I think when it switches from Metamorphosis back and forth it refreshes Doom or Corruption.

This site is fantastic. I’ve been using the macros to great effect, can’t thank you all enough for the work you’ve done.

Big issue I have with the Demonology macro that Luis posted was that Macro toolkit does not seem to accept the [form] in the macro. I’ve copied and pasted into notebook before applying into the toolkit, but it just does not want to accept [form].

Perhaps I’ve overlooked something basic but nothing I’ve tried seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work guys!

try using super duper macro add on see if that works

I’ll try that now. Thought that it had been discontinued?

As I feared, v.2.4.6 of SDM is full of errors and doesn’t seem to work correctly.

Well, I diabled MTK and SDM seems to be working now despite a few lua errors. Plus it accepted the [form} in the macro now! It’s running :slight_smile:

No idea why MTK did not want to accept the macro initially :frowning:

Thanks for the suggestion baboulas7!

I’ve tried both SDM and MTK and I cannot get Metamorphosis to cast using the macro posted. I also get the error for [form] saying argument not optional.

Any help would be appreciated.

you mean to switch to demon form? If thats the case are you using a mod key like alt, ctrl, or shift or that you may have to keybind the metamorphosis to a separate key. If you go through that route then metamorphosis is usually on a “stance bar” like warriors or druids if you play one of those. I usually do that rather than using the mod to switch to demon form. Hope that helps :smiley:

p.s. I frogot to mention if you use demonic leap, you change to demon form too but you might want to have some distance first. I went that route once and over shot the mob we were fighting and landed smack in the middle of another mob. wasn’t nice and wound up being kicked from the dungeon group LOL

Has anyone got a good AOE macro please for Demo?

@mike

the /castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,Corruption,null line will refresh after you come out of demon or if you switch targets, corruption in demo is nothing more than DF generation.

I realize this is an older thread, but I’ve been using your lazy macros for awhile now and decided to dust my warlock off this week. I’ve been using this macro wonderfully. However, I’ve noticed one problem that I’m unable to figure out. When in Metamorphosis form if you switch targets it freezes up after casting Doom on the new target. You have to go back to regular form then re-apply Metamorphosis for it to kick in again. Any ideas…?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you advance.

Hi,

Can someone please update macros on the first post and modify them a bit so Soul fire will be cast when it “proc” (shine) ?

@Phoenix: I tested your macro and the modifier for Soulfire doesn’t work. I don’t if it’s because that my shadow has been modified with a glyph.

Sorry for my bad English.

Hello Guys,

Is there a way to a macro to “measure” Demonic Fury and trigger Metamorphosis in the right moment or to detect when Molten Core proc and automatically change the spell from Shadow Bolt to Soul Fire?

You see, I’m REALLY LAZY :smiley:

Merry Christmas

the only problem with the SDM demo macro I’ve seen is that it will not use imp swarm nor Chaos Wave in its current form, however if you reword it, it will work. this is the fix…

/castsequence Touch of Chaos

/castsequence Chaos Wave

/castsequence reset=target Shadow Bolt,Soul Fire,Fel Flame

/cast Hand of Gul’dan

/castsequence Imp Swarm/cast [form]Dark Soul: Knowledge

/use 13

/use 14

[quote quote=4902]the only problem with the SDM demo macro I’ve seen is that it will not use imp swarm nor Chaos Wave in its current form, however if you reword it, it will work. this is the fix…

/castsequence Touch of Chaos

/castsequence Chaos Wave

/castsequence reset=target Shadow Bolt,Soul Fire,Fel Flame

/cast Hand of Gul’dan

/castsequence Imp Swarm

/cast [form]Dark Soul: Knowledge

/use 13

/use 14

As my question was not answered and this new thread was started I’m “moving” the above post from Demonology 5.0

Happy New Year

Elohei, try Nugenergy or Galvin’s unitbars paired with power auras for MC and Decimate procs but here is a quote from the macro forums on wowhead

Nope, you can’t make a macro to cast x when a or z when b.Read the stickies in the macro forum.