Demonology test (work in progress)

UPDATED: 3/5/2018
NOTES: a fresh set of updates to both macros for you. single target macro gains a bit of dps in the process. odd lockup may be solved as well. also fixed issue with Felguard blowing his ability at the beginning of a fight, or just standing completely still for a few seconds. he will now instantly charge.

NOTES: no changes to the single target macro. it’s pretty much perfect (minus the lockup mentioned below). added AOE macro.

NOTES: no changes to the macro, however a change to the talents. “Improved Dreadstalkers” appears to be a bit of a DPS increase over “Impending Doom”.

UPDATED: 3/4/2018
NOTES: rework of orders and priorities. much, much, much, MUCH more consistent, and more DPS.

I’d appreciate it if you guys could test this for me. It’s working out pretty well, keeping (for the most part) maximum pets out at all times.

This is a work in progress, you may have to pop Life Tap on your own on occasion. I’ll fix that later.

I spam at 80ms. It’s not perfect (nothing will be for this spec), but so far so good.

SINGLE TARGET:

Sequences['Demon-test'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Esari@Sargeras",
  SpecID=266,
  Talents = "3111223",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Doom, null",
        "/petautocastoff [group] Threatening Presence",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Threatening Presence",
        "/petautocastoff Pursuit",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Pursuit",
        "/use [combat,nopet] Summon Felguard; Command Demon",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Call Dreadstalkers",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Summon Doomguard",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Grimoire: Felguard",
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Demonwrath, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Hand of Gul'dan, Demonic Empowerment",
      PostMacro={
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Thal'kiel's Consumption, Life Tap, Life Tap",
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

AOE:

Sequences['Demon-test-aoe'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Esari@Sargeras",
  SpecID=266,
  Talents = "3111223",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Doom, null",
        "/petautocastoff [group] Threatening Presence",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Threatening Presence",
        "/petautocastoff Pursuit",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Pursuit",
        "/use [combat,nopet] Summon Felguard; Command Demon",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Call Dreadstalkers",
        "/cast [nochanneling,@focus] Summon Infernal",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Grimoire: Felguard",
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Demonwrath, Demonwrath, Shadow Bolt, Hand of Gul'dan, Demonic Empowerment",
      PostMacro={
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Thal'kiel's Consumption, Life Tap, Life Tap",
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Seems good to me

Updated.

Updated again, bug fix.

Testing it atm in HC :slight_smile:

Update. Nothing to the macro itself, however a small talent change.

There is, however, a lockup that happens every once in a while, where “Call Dreadstalkers” won’t cast, because there isn’t enough Soul Shards. That, in turn, hangs up the macro. The “fix” is likely to move that cast to the main loop. Hard to test, because it happens so rarely. Working on it.

Once I’m confident this macro is working properly (and so far it’s working magnificently), I’ll make the AOE version. The current version above has me within 5% of what raidbots.com says I should be doing.

what ilvl are u and type of dps are u pulling unbuffed? I been testing on legion dummies and getting around 1-1.1mil unbuffed using 2pc t21 and Recurrent Ritual and sindore spite legs @ ilvl 930

Might take out doomguard and thal an manually cast them to see if that will increase the dps. I am getting the weird lock up once in awhile

[quote quote=58102]what ilvl are u and type of dps are u pulling unbuffed? I been testing on legion dummies and getting around 1-1.1mil unbuffed using 2pc t21 and Recurrent Ritual and sindore spite legs @ ilvl 930
Might take out doomguard and thal an manually cast them to see if that will increase the dps. I am getting the weird lock up once in awhile[/quote]

I’m only 895ish (this is a new character), and unbuffed against the raid boss target dummy I get between 650-680k dps. raidbots says my theoretical max is 690k.

I’d thought about pulling Thal’kiel’s Consumption out, but most people on these forums like things to be “automatic”, so I left it in.

Regarding the lockup, I’m 99% sure I can fix it just by moving the Dreadstalker cast to the main loop, but I haven’t had a reliable chance to test that yet. In theory that will fix it.

Do me a favor, do a quick sim on raidbots.com and let me know what kind of DPS it says is your maximum. I’d be curious to see if the gap between the macro and your “theoretical max” widens at a higher ilvl.

Hy.
AHK: 85ms.
ILVL: 954 (2pc t21, 2 bis lego).
Crit: 21%.
Haste: 49%.
Mastery: 48%.

Unbuffed my dps on Trainin dummy : 1.1 - 1.3 Mil.

Simulationcraft say, I have to do it : 1.5-1.6 mil

[quote quote=58105]Hy. AHK: 85ms. ILVL: 954 (2pc t21, 2 bis lego). Crit: 21%. Haste: 49%. Mastery: 48%.
Unbuffed my dps on Trainin dummy : 1.1 – 1.3 Mil.
Simulationcraft say, I have to do it : 1.5-1.6 mil[/quote]

Thank you so much. I’m willing to bet the haste difference plus the occasional extra Shard from random procs is the difference in DPS. Off the top of my head, there’s not much I can do about that. I’ll think on it.

Im think, this macro is good! Use it very well the LifeTap.
Simulationcraft analysis dps with use food, flask, rune, and potion. When i use thats in dummy, then my dps 1.3-1.4mil+

Both macros updated.

Looks like AoE and ST macros have the same rotations… not sure if u copy/pasted aoe macro for both by accident

I will give this a try too a little later though i have been testing a different format to deal with how clunky the class is due to Demonic Empowerment (happy it’s mostly removed next expansion)

The lock up will not just be Call Dreadstalkers but also HoG

/casts will never lock up as it always has something to progress to but once you hit Hand of Gul’dan and you become Soul Shard starved, you have nothing to progress on to.
You have nothing to generate a Soul Shard before that part of the line is used as you have spenders.

Technically it will be:

Pursuit
Summon Felguard; Command Demon
Call Dreadstalkers
Summon Infernal
Grimoire: Felguard
Hand of Gul’dan - Lockup if soul shard starved (will need to use a shadowbolt/DE(if specced) to generate)
The next part of that line Demonic Empowerment cant be used until HoG is used.

This has been an issue in all Demolock macros since 7.0

Seems to work pretty good.

I mean, watching it in action, it does all the things–more or less–that it’s supposed to do.

For me, the results are poor, but it might be because of gear. I appear to have affliction (mastery) gear=/

with very POOR haste.

[quote quote=58124]Seems to work pretty good.
I mean, watching it in action, it does all the things–more or less–that it’s supposed to do.
For me, the results are poor, but it might be because of gear. I appear to have affliction (mastery) gear=/
with very POOR haste.[/quote]

Yeah it’s seen on all Warlocks who try switching over from Affliction to Demo… the secondary stats are really poor and a 2nd set is actually needed to reach the haste levels that Demonology requires.

I am curious though to whats changed that more people want to change to Demonology?
The changes in BfA or something else?

It still has the lowest levels of parsing to other classes, just slightly lower/equal to Survival in that vs 26k parses for other classes while only 1k for Demo

I have snookered myself. =)

As to your question, I have mostly only “leveled” not really played Demo and Destruction, thus both have artifact level 75.

I have “played” affliction even less. I have just ate a handful of AP treats, and have like 55 now.

I basically have just been upgrading any items with the highest ilvl, and trashing the rest =) So, I have no gear to swap “down” to.

I have heard you need AT LEAST 30% haste, ideally closer to 40%. I have like 17% or something like that.

I mostly, incidentally not planned, have affliction gear.

I had not previously noticed, because I don’t really play the class very much.

So i have tested this and it’s a very good M+ rotation, without a doubt.

Slow to build up a little but once it’s going it’s great but the single target damage/boss damage is not there, for me anyway

One thing i am seeing over and over again with these demo ST macros is the talent setup.

Most demo locks are running with these talents on pure single and 2 light cleave targets:

1/2/?/3/?/2/3

[quote quote=58170]One thing i am seeing over and over again with these demo ST macros is the talent setup.
Most demo locks are running with these talents on pure single and 2 light cleave targets:
1/2/?/3/?/2/3[/quote]

There is not a massive lot else to use. What you have pretty much linked it default raiding spec and this is where a lot of requests are aimed at.
Thus my comment that the macro here is awesome for mythics, hands down, it’s AoE’ish and that’s perfectly fine.

The bad thing about Demo is soul generation outside of these talents are pretty fucking terrible and it forces you to pick talents which help build shards rather than spend shards.

1 Shadowy Inspiration - Free Shadow Bolt every DE vs Demonic Calling at 20% fishing for a free Dreadstalkers. But just because it’s free doesn’t mean it will bypass the cooldown timer.
2 Improved Dreadstalkers - an extra 2 imps to empower and more imps = more Thal’kiel’s Consumption and increased DPS the more demons you have out vs Impending Doom whihc 3s faster Doom so still almost 20s before damage is done and 1 imp only.
1 Demonic Circle is a free blink effect and removes debilitating effects on you, the other 2 provide nothing of worth… AoE stun could be helpful but it’s another skill you have to actively place.
3… ? You really see more people suggest Soul Harvest? 2 is better as Power Trip will have a 65% chance of providing a soul shard every time Demonic Empowerment is used (used a lot). Soul Harvest would provide a little burst DPS but then it has a 2m cooldown which means your burst is pointless. Actually it could be useful providing you keep Doom on all your targets, more useful is Hand of Doom was not on the same tier to keep those Dooms up per Hand of Gul’dan, so perfect for packs but not 1 focused boss.
1 is a free ticking hot and small 20% damage shield. 2 is Burning Rush, speed at the cost of health… utility and healers nightmare. 3 Dark Pact can be a handy shield, yes it has a place.
1 I feel should be used along with Felguard but the fact it would replace it means it’s a DPS loss and not worth taking. 2 Is an extra demon, see above for Empowerment and TKC and increased DPS overall. 3 is fine but the see saw to either your or your pets DPS is gimmicky at best.
1 is awesome for Mythics and a lot of Trash packs before a boss, like ToS but other than that to only affect 1 mob affected by Doom makes it not worth picking outside of that. 2 Demonbolt would actually sim the highest and best DPS overall, it’s pretty to look at but the DPS output from it is also dependant on the amount of Demons you have out but instead of a 1.64 Shadow Bolt cast, you now increase it to 2s (2000ms) Increase of 400ms or 1 Shadow Bolt every 4 casts makes it not as attractive. 3 Soul Conduit is all about shard refunding

So this is why you see “common” 1 set of talents being chosen over anything else that might/could make the class much more fun. It’s choices that are chosen to make the class easier and even less clunky to play… that’s all… it’s all about keeping your sanity