destro dps problem

this is the macro that i have been using.

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate
/castsequence reset=0.3 Chaos Bolt
/castsequence reset=0.3 Shadowburn
/castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/cast [combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

today i installed a dps addon called statblock_DPS and i tried this out on a raiding dummy. and it says im only pulling between 60-70k

and i read a post about someone using this macro in 512 gear pulling over 150k dps. im wondering how is this possible? im currently in 534 gear. so i should be going at a min 150k should i not?

also im pretty sure these macros are not ment for us to basically be a 1 button masher right? thats how i have been using the macro. i just target what i want and just sit there hitting my 1 key as fast as i can. lol (im sure this is very bad.)

so if there is any pointers someone can help me out with to get my dps up a bit that would be great. i have only been doing the lfr’s looking for some new peices. but i would like to get into some flex raids but im just afraid with my dps being so low that they would just kick me out.

the first line of your maacro needs a “null” at the end otherwise you will be casting curse of the elements like a goober.i prefer to apply curse of the elements manually.

thanks. i added the null at the end and that increased my dps by about 20k. so now im pully around 90k on a normal test dummy. but i think this is still a bit low, isnt it? shouldnt i be doing like 150k+ im now in 535 gear.

First time poster, I’ve been playing since BC though.

Anyway, my lock iLvL 517, with your macro (null added) I pull around 90-100k.

I use this macro myself, and pull around 140-150k sustained.

#showtooltip Conflagrate
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nomod,combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [mod] Chaos Bolt;reset=combat Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,incinerate, Incinerate,Incinerate
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/petattack
/mtce

It has CB on a mod key so I can control when I want to cast it. I tend to not cast a CB until 3 embers depending on the situation. CB has a long cast time, so ideally, I try to cast it when a trinket procs, etc. That also leaves me free to cast a couple in a row or something if I choose. ( /mtce is Macrotoolkit’s abbreviated version of
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() )

Edit: This is a modified version of another macro I found on here posted by John Methven. The #showtooltip Conflagrate can be changed to whatever spell you like. Or, like in my case, watch the CD on it, or want to make sure if/when it’s firing off.