DH macros for a old Autistic man...

not sure if anything could help…and because of autistic issues…sometimes things arent easy for me to comprehend…i.e. macros…understanding the spacing or not knowing how to just set one up in wow using long macros addon, if anyone can please help me somehow…im just trying to find something i can do to help my dps , maybe if i can get it high enough or can macros Vengence i might feel comfortable and maybe even happy with the right guild …i know its an odd may be even difficult request but yeah after playing since day 4 (didnt have the money on the first) and i just want to do as good as others…thank you for trying ahead of time i hope :slight_smile:

Hey Wayne! There are a number of people here that can easily answer your questions, just list out those things you are having problems with and I sure people on this site will try and answer them for you.

Hello Wayne. I agree with Maarc. The community here is exceptionally helpful and friendly.

As a group, let us make sure we are all talking about the same things. This is an assume nothing thread. Please forgive me if my first question to you seems silly.

What is the NAME of the addon you are trying to use? There are several long macros addons. It is important that everyone know what tool we are trying to help you with.

If you don’t know or have not chosen a long macro addon, then the selection of an addon appropriate for you is a good place for the community to start.

----- Coaching Note -----

It is important to consider the ROLE (or expectations) of your toon. No set of macros or addons is going to change the fundamental nature or purpose of your toon – macros can’t make a healer or a tank perform like a dps spec.

Vengence is not a DPS spec. Vengence is a tank spec. You may be able to improve your Tanking-DPS but the “value” of a Vengence Demon Hunter toon for team/guild play is not DPS – it is the ability to get/hold aggro and survive.

I’m not trying to talk you out of or into any spec, I just want to make sure your expectations of a TANK toon are not that of a DPS spec.

well ty each very kindly…some of my issue comes with the fact that i cannot tyoe like most…since highschool and typing class many decades ago to 1980 when i knew in my mind that computers for the home was gonna be magnificent…asked for a job with comps didnt work out, my point being i cannot ever type without looking at each key, even after 50 years…which causes major issues when trying to enter info , i guess what i am looking to do…outside of copying other macros ,is to eventually maybe be smart enough to at least learn how to tye some basic rotations like targeting first then say as a hunter auto shot and cobra shot cobra shot and some finisher kind of thing…hopefully…as far as in game…since day four of wow…i played never being very good, issues with reaction time…(the whole looking at the keyboard thing) but i have almost always done raged damaged i.e. less likely to die as melee though i seem to have devloped a tast for vengance dh…not geat dps but i stay alive mmore often lol…as for what i use…i use gs-e, i somehow was able to tyoe the longer ones which take me about 1.5 hours or more…i dont know of anyway to actually paste in game either…that in itself would be great…also to do things like figure out if there is any macro to helkp with defense with a Havoc DH…but primary Hunter Mage types…but im so slow that if im ever going to at least stay off the very bottom of the dps/tank lists…and i know it sounds like im so weak in the game…but all i really want is to be able to play as good as others (in my case, with disabilities) it kind of makes me feel in not so good ways , so i havent even done an AV and 10 years ago…with the 4 or 5 day or more AV’s…maybe im looking for help to make things simpler to help me feel happy again and make it easier to find a happy safe guild that wont make fun of me or throw me out because im not good…so all in all any help if you understand what ive written…(apologies for the lack of continuity makes understanding me diffivult…anyways thank you for being so friendly…not exactly used to it. Wayne

ok heres an issue for me, i learned how to copy and paste into the game and it kind of works…the macros i copied from here but though it casts i dont think its working right…i hit the button…actions happen but it ALSO mentions or rather says then shows the entire typed macro in shat

ok yeah, if i copy and paste a macro using ctrl-V for some reason if it works…it also says it in game…kind of embarrassing trying to explain to people lol :frowning:

to answer a question i just saw…no actually its odd…never tanked didnt like it…didnt know how to keep aggro…wipe…but its a tnaking setup im looking for…but im guessing everyones been pretty busy or not sure what to tell me :confused:

wayne the reason why the macros is writed to the chat is couse u need an addon calledd GS-E witch is a special addon for macros on this site. go to the addon selection

I know this may be a little bit late, but I’m looking into using this http://www.voicemacro.net/ to help me since my left hand is screwed up now. give it a look and see what you think about it Wayne. Hope it helps :slight_smile: