DISC Dps Macro 5.3 (amazing dps)

Sorry but all of the Disc DPS Macros I seen are sub-par to this one which I created. They dont utilize shadow word death or my favorite (divine star) and penance. This also disables error sound and messages. Test this macro out and make sure you are talented accordingly. Definitely pick up Divine star, which is your priority after swp, then holy fire, penance, smite, etc.

Yesterday using this macro I rolled a hunter in 2s when my dps partner died due to my error. He was expecting to finish me, but I destroyed him. Its well tested; haha!..

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip Shadow Word: Pain
/target mouseover
/castsequence reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Mindbender
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Archangel
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Smite
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Penance
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Holy Fire
/castsequence reset=0.3 Divine Star
/cast !Shadow Word: Death
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Actually It would be best to talent Power Infusion with it as well. Below is with Power Infusion;

/target mouseover
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Mindbender
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Archangel
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Smite
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Penance
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Holy Fire
/castsequence reset=0.3 Divine Star
/use [combat]Power Infusion
/startattack

I would also like to point out that you need to have the Penance Glyph so that all your attacks are instant cast aside from smite and its super hard for people to kite you especially if you also talented body and soul which gives you a run boost after casting Power Word Shield on yourself.

Well, Archangel is not on the GCD so it’s a waste of priority spot in the macro.

Sorry.

Also DS is the weakest of the 3 T90 spells.

This macro is made for all out dps in pvp. Most of the other Disp macros were made for healing.

Create a Disp healing macro then claim all others are sub-par. This macro i’m oom after 2 mins of healing.

Sorry.

I dont do pve. I do usually 2 mil heals and 1 mil damage in an average 2s - usually 50% of the damage of the dps im with in 2s. I also dont have a problem going oom. It heals great, but the point of a dps macro is to do dps not heal. Healing is just an off shoot. Healing while dpsing is not effecient or proper. You only dps when you are not experiencing a lot of pressure on your teamate(s) and want to assist wtih burning the target down before the other teams healer is out of his cc. However, when I do want to dps, I want the guy to burst down quick.

[quote quote=10043]Well, Archangel is not on the GCD so it’s a waste of priority spot in the macro.

Sorry.

Also DS is the weakest of the 3 T90 spells.

This macro is made for all out dps in pvp. Most of the other Disp macros were made for healing.

Create a Disp healing macro then claim all others are sub-par. This macro i’m oom after 2 mins of healing.

Sorry.
[/quote]

Please read the thread title. Amazing dps; not amazing heals. Its far more constructive to actually create one yourself and post it so that I and others can test it out rather than simply criticize others macros which are well tested. Please take the time to create a better one. That is what this website is for.

Nevertheless; you are most likely referencing pve. Therefore, please feel free to post a good pve one. This however is for maximum burst potential in pvp. I never have a problem with mana in pvp and trust me people die fast when my buddy and I are both bursting.

Also, other than smite; this dps macro is completely mobile and I cant count the number of times I finished the guy off while my teammate was being kited.

As far as pvp; you only dps when pressure is medium to low; else you would be focusing on healing. I dont need great healing when we are taking minimal damage due to the fact that opponents are being cced and/or trying to kite us. Trust me; I rape as Disc with this and other healing macros which I have yet to post, but will shortly.

Respectfully,

Chris

Thanks for this macro. It works great!

One question: I read on another forum here that the priorities had been reversed. Meaning: In your macro the priority is Divine Star (highest) to Mindbender (lowest). But someone mentioned that the zero’s are flip flopped. So you would want 0,0,0,0,0,Divine Star, etc.

I hope this makes sense.

Can you confirm or deny this Chris?

I can’t figure this out.

I JUST TESTED IT OUT; YOU ARE RIGHT!.. DAMN!.. I never noticed before cause it was firing off so fast cause they are all instant cast abilities besides smite.

EVERYONE USE THIS UPDATED ONE;

/target mouseover
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Divine Star
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Holy Fire
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Penance
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Smite
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Mindbender
/use [combat]Power Infusion
/startattack

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PENANCE GLYPHED CAUSE I USE THIS MACRO TO CHASE PEOPLE DOWN!.. ITS GOOD TO HAVE FOR BOTH HEALING AS WELL AS DPSING. PENANCE ROCKS!..

I havent decided as to whether or not I want to post my disc healing macro as it took a lot of work and most people just use these macros and either complain or never say thanks like you did. My disc healing macro is OP lol.

[quote quote=10157]MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PENANCE GLYPHED CAUSE I USE THIS MACRO TO CHASE PEOPLE DOWN!… ITS GOOD TO HAVE FOR BOTH HEALING AS WELL AS DPSING. PENANCE ROCKS!…

I havent decided as to whether or not I want to post my disc healing macro as it took a lot of work and most people just use these macros and either complain or never say thanks like you did. My disc healing macro is OP lol.
[/quote]

Man, just started playing the priest again after came across your thread. My lv 70 priest is pretty much top dps while healing dungeons just spamming ur macro hahaha.

If you can hook a brother up with that OP Disc Healing Macro, i’d appreciated man. Currently i’m using the one you posted on the other thread that has the SELF HEAL and SINGLE and AOE …

Thanks you sir.

Alright I Will. I will post it in a new thread all by itself.

Joined just so I can thank you for this amazing macro.

Thank you for this amazing macro! :slight_smile:

Chris W or any one for the matter. Is there anyway to setup the disc dps macro so that it casts on targettarget? for example you have your tank targeted for healing but when you dont need to heal the tank just hit the DPS macro so that you can start DPS without switching to the mob. I dont think its possible but just wondering if I am missing something.

I tried putting in [@targettarget] in front of the castsequence priority list but doesnt seem to be working. it just switches my target.

Any 5.4.2 attonement that actually works. these all stall on penance and holy fires a ton

[quote quote=11941]Any 5.4.2 attonement that actually works. these all stall on penance and holy fires a ton
[/quote]

First of all buddy; what do you mean by “attonement that actually works”? Did I ever say this macro was for healing? Nope I didnt. Its a DPS Macro as clearly stated in the thread title.

Secondly, you are the first person I have seen complain about stuff stalling. It must be on your side cause it works perfectly for me an so many other people.

However, if you are not satisfied with the macro then how about go and actually alter it and post a better one instead of insulting those who take the time to make macros for the community. Dont be a scrub and cry.

This website is here to assist others while offering advice and changes for each other to the result of creating beastly macros.

[quote quote=10990]Chris W or any one for the matter. Is there anyway to setup the disc dps macro so that it casts on targettarget? for example you have your tank targeted for healing but when you dont need to heal the tank just hit the DPS macro so that you can start DPS without switching to the mob. I dont think its possible but just wondering if I am missing something.

I tried putting in [@targettarget] in front of the castsequence priority list but doesnt seem to be working. it just switches my target.
[/quote]

Yes there is. I have an example in my healing macros which are used to cast mindbender.

FYI most people surprisingly dont have the Target Keybind changed in the WOW UI. It is set to Target Enemy by default, but TAB should be changed to “TARGET ENEMY PLAYER”.

That will make a world of difference.