Discussion about: GS-E WLM High Performance Macros

TY

Very interesting stuff. As a new user to GS-E, most of my time so far has been sifting through the different posts to try and find the best ones of each class. This will make it much easier. Thank you.

This is great - thank you for all of your effort with this project, and covering so many classes and specs.

how do u use it in game?

[quote quote=32773]how do u use it in game?
[/quote]

The instructions are quite detailed, but, there are a LOT of instructions.

What I do is this:

1. Log in
  2. type /gs
  3. You will see the Macro editor pop up in the “general” tab - click the character specific tab
  4. In there you will see a bunch of macro’s with some descriptions of each - choose the macro for your spec and class (some are Single Target or ST and some are multiple targets or AOE). Put these on your action bar
  5. When you fight - simple mash that button. You will still need to take care of your spells and abilities that are more “conditional” - like stopping a spell caster and other conditional spells -but in general you should be able to mash that macro button and it will fire off the spells in the macro in order as they are available

That’s my short summary. I hope it works for you.

Please remove “/cast Titan’s Thunder”, from the BM Hunter Macro’s. This was changed - there is no specific artifact spell for BM Hunters - we get a 2nd full time pet to roam around with.

[quote quote=32781]Please remove “/cast Titan’s Thunder”, from the BM Hunter Macro’s. This was changed – there is no specific artifact spell for BM Hunters – we get a 2nd full time pet to roam around with.
[/quote]

It is an ability Our artifacts will eventually get as we upgrade our weapons. It will just take a while as it is very high up on the tree.

[quote quote=32784]

Please remove “/cast Titan’s Thunder”, from the BM Hunter Macro’s. This was changed – there is no specific artifact spell for BM Hunters – we get a 2nd full time pet to roam around with.

It is an ability Our artifacts will eventually get as we upgrade our weapons. It will just take a while as it is very high up on the tree. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=207081/titans-thunder [/quote]

AH!!! Sorry! Cheers!

how to use?

Awesome job! Thank you so very much for yours and the other authors time and effort in these. :slight_smile:
Any time frame on a MM Hunter version?

Might take a while as no one has put forward any nominations for the best/high performing macro for each spec/class that has been posted.

Thanks for this, is there a way to tell what’s in the actual macros? Like the coding, I’m trying to figure out how to get to the Warrior one to see, but it’s just like 6 lines that say “Warrior” when I open it with Notepad++, just trying to figure out how to load these correctly as the ways I’ve added them before was copy pasting the code into GS-CORE > Sequences.lua, thanks!

1 Like

There is typically nothing in them yet
 The thread was originally for people to suggest the best high performing macro of what is available and then it would be added into the respository ready to be downloaded at a later date once (i think) they are ready.

my question is i downloaded from the github and the actual macro page for each class is blank, has nothing been added to the list as of yet. or is there a step im missing

[quote quote=32813]my question is i downloaded from the github and the actual macro page for each class is blank, has nothing been added to the list as of yet. or is there a step im missing
[/quote]

So far only a small handful of classes have HP macros written for them. As most of authors are concentrating and sharing what they have written for their main mains. As they spread their wings to their alts, we should start to see more of them. However even then those macros may not make the cut for HP Macros.

Take my BM hunter macros, they made the cut because I am very familiar with it as it is my current main raiding spec. While I may get around to playing MM on my other hunter, and write some macros for it; I highly doubt I will post them until I am fully happy with them. As for SV(insert you favorite huntard joke from Vanilla and BC here) I will never play a Melee hunter.

I have shared some macro I am trying out on my Arcane Mage, that I am not totally happy with them. I only posted them because there was only one Arcane Mage macro posted in the forum, That wasn’t usable for my spec. So until I am happy with them, I will resist them ever being part of the HP pack.

just a small question, why direct people to github when the better macro’s could be posted here

Hi @Rod,

The better macros are put here but there is also a lot of noise. The whole point of this is that it will be a plugin to GS-E for those people in our guilds for whom the whole concept of a macro or how to write one they dont get. This collection will be on Curse for those guys to get.

The things in this pack have to be posted here and nominated and accepted as a HP macro HERE first.

This is not the first plugin pack.

1. GS-DraikMacros - this pack is bundled with GS-E as a starter set.,/li.
  2. GS-DarkRams - https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/gs-darkramz
  3. GS-Hunter - https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/hunter-macro-plugin-gse
  4. GS-DruidMacros - https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/druid-macro-plugin-gse

There are currently only two specs that have gone through that process as described on page 1 of this thread. BM Hunter and Enhancement Shaman.

Ok, please forgive my noobishness, but we all start somewhere, right?

I downloaded the zip file from github and extracted the files into my WoW interface addons folder and took the “-master” off the end of the name. When I open it, there are files listed there and in the Macros folders, all the classes are listed. However, when I re-started the game, it isn’t showing up in my addons list on my character screen and when I log in on a toon and type “/gs” into the chat box, it’s not working
just get the “Type ‘/help’ for a listing of a few commands.” message.

What did I not do right?

Nvm
went back through more posts and realized I needed to get the other GS stuff off curse, first. THANKS! Looking forward to trying this out after watching a WW doing 2mil dps on a stream the other night. I didn’t know that kind of performance was even possible until he told he really just spammed his macros. I don’t expect those results, but hoping for some improvement.

Hi @Tim,
Thanks for clearing that up